Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th October 2010, 15:33   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder View Post
ok i have a multijet linea and i only have 2 head rest for the rear...how come u have 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
I think all 2010 Lineas are coming with two headrests at the back. Please correct me if wrong.
Mine is an Aug 2010 model it came with 3 rear headrests. As far as I remember both Emotion and Emotion+ models have 3 headrests and Dynamic has 2 headrests.
vivekshukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 01:35   #32
BHPian

Default Linea drives on its own in 2nd gear and 3rd gear

Recently I observed something strange in my Linea. Whenever I slot the car in 2nd gear, leave the clutch, the car starts moving without depressing the accelerator and this happens in 3rd gear as well. And, in fact it very easily manages to climb uphill - say a gradient of 15 degrees.

In my WagonR it doesn't happen. If I don't press accelerator in 2nd or 3rd gear, it stops with a jerk.

Is it normal for Linea or other cars too. I have a petrol E+.
Old 9th January 2011, 08:41   #33
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Re: Linea drives on its own in 2nd gear and 3rd gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
Yes, it is normal, i.e., car moving at idling rpm of 900. It had happened in my previous Maruti Suzuki Versa and happens in my present Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE. I remember I had asked MASS about that and got clarified that it was normal.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 00:11   #34

Default Re: Fiat Linea 1.4 Emotion Plus - It's not just a car - it's an Emotional experience!

We just bought a new Fiat Linea 1.4 Emotion Plus today. Although we live in the US, we wanted to have a car readily available when we go to India. It seemed more convenient having a car parked at home in India than the hassle of renting a car for 3 months at a stretch - plus you get a cleaner car, a better ride for the money, the flexibility, and you don't have to deal with the rental wallas!!

The decision to buy the Linea was made almost research combing through this forum (reading through BHP member comments and photos). Was comparing it to the Manza and Maurti's, this one looked a lot more like a "normal" car, good appearance, proportional dimensions (what is it with made for Indian market vehicle that they look so odd). It was visually very similar to the type of vehicle you can get in the US, interior looks sharp, and has more features what I would expect - all at a very reasonable price.

It is a good size vehicle, almost equal in dimensions to my Saab 9-3, so I had a comfortable level with it. My parent who are visiting India, picked up the Linea from the dealer today and are very pleased with it. They drive an Infiniti M37x in the US, and were surprised the Linea has some comparable features (voice control, etc).

Overall very pleased. Thanks of course to the invaluable articles and postings by Team BHP members.

Three Quick questions:
1) the photo of the car my parents sent shows a Linea Emotion badge on the rear boot, though the paperwork says (and we paid for) a Linea Emotion Plus. Assume that the "plus" is not actually badged on the car. I have not seen photos of the other angles, but just want to make sure the dealer did not pull a fast one.
2) Also how do I know which month / year the car was manufactured?
3) My dad asked them not to do the window tinting, since we wanted to ensure they used a quality film. I did a search on the forum, and it seems 3M was the brand of choice. Suggestions?? What do you recommend for a tint film (brand, level of transparency, etc). Also how long does it take to apply the film if we want to get it done.

Thanks again!
NewYorkDesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 03:18   #35
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Linea 1.4 Emotion Plus - It's not just a car - it's an Emotional experience!

Hi Guys,
Talking about the AC remap thing. I just gave my linea for 2nd service a few days ago and also recvd a msg from Fiat telling me to contact service centre for an AC upgrade. When i gave my car for servicing the AC upgrade was carried out. As far i was told by the GM service that the condensor is being changed by Fiat FOC. It also sez the same thing in the invoice that i recvd on collection of the car. They have changed the cooling kit and also recharged the gas, coolant etc etc.
The cooling did definitely seem to be much better but then i have been out for a week and havent tested it much. They are doing this free for all Linea petrol i guess. Will test it much more when i get bakc and update.

Cheers!!
jazzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 09:23   #36
Senior - BHPian

what is this emotion plus? is this t-jet plus? or emotion pack? or a new variant has been introduced?
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 09:46   #37
BHPian

Default Re: Linea drives on its own in 2nd gear and 3rd gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
Recently I observed something strange in my Linea. Whenever I slot the car in 2nd gear, leave the clutch, the car starts moving without depressing the accelerator and this happens in 3rd gear as well. And, in fact it very easily manages to climb uphill - say a gradient of 15 degrees.

In my WagonR it doesn't happen. If I don't press accelerator in 2nd or 3rd gear, it stops with a jerk.

Simple fact, Linea would generate enough torque at 900 RPM to move the 1200 Kg vehicle, while WagonR would not and the gear ratios need to match as well

Last edited by AvinashKeezh : 8th March 2011 at 09:48. Reason: incomplete
AvinashKeezh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 09:50   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
what is this emotion plus? is this t-jet plus? or emotion pack? or a new variant has been introduced?
I guess, he is referring to the Emotion Pack. I've seen people(including myself) using the word 'Emotion +' for 'Emotion Pack'.
Klub Class is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 11:12   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkDesi View Post
Three Quick questions:
1) the photo of the car my parents sent shows a Linea Emotion badge on the rear boot, though the paperwork says (and we paid for) a Linea Emotion Plus. Assume that the "plus" is not actually badged on the car. I have not seen photos of the other angles, but just want to make sure the dealer did not pull a fast one.
2) Also how do I know which month / year the car was manufactured?
3) My dad asked them not to do the window tinting, since we wanted to ensure they used a quality film. I did a search on the forum, and it seems 3M was the brand of choice. Suggestions?? What do you recommend for a tint film (brand, level of transparency, etc). Also how long does it take to apply the film if we want to get it done.

Thanks again!
Congratulations on your Linea! It's an awesome car and extremely VFM. And you are never disappointed by the car.

1. Top end Linea is popularly known as Emotion+ and dealers refer it to as Emotion Pack but branding on the car remains as "Emotion" with only difference in Emotion Pack is presence of Airbags and Steering Mounted switches to control Blue&Me. Earlier it used to also sport 3 head rests in the rear but now I am observing just two in the recent models.
2. Your VIN will help you figure out month of manufacture. The last three characters of the VIN are alphabets (in my case it was FNZ) where F denotes June. So if your car has A - it's January and so on and so forth.
3. 3M should be the best choice depending upon your budget - in my 5+ yrs old WagonR, I have Garware and in Linea, 3M and they look and behave the same to me. I have never had a problem with Garware even in Delhi summers even with 50% visibility film. And 5 yrs and there's no sign of fading or anything. On the other hand Linea takes considerably longer to cool in Bangalore summer despite carrying 3M. In a nutshell, for me Garware works better and a lot cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyb View Post
Hi Guys,
Talking about the AC remap thing. I just gave my linea for 2nd service a few days ago and also recvd a msg from Fiat telling me to contact service centre for an AC upgrade. When i gave my car for servicing the AC upgrade was carried out. As far i was told by the GM service that the condensor is being changed by Fiat FOC. It also sez the same thing in the invoice that i recvd on collection of the car. They have changed the cooling kit and also recharged the gas, coolant etc etc.
The cooling did definitely seem to be much better but then i have been out for a week and havent tested it much. They are doing this free for all Linea petrol i guess. Will test it much more when i get bakc and update.

Cheers!!
I got AC upgraded this weekend and there's no perceptible change in the AC apart from blower throwing air faster than before. They changed AC Condenser and AC Cooling Kit but there is no mention of changing Gas, Coolant etc. I got it done at KHT Motors.

After I showed my dissatisfaction on the job done, they asked me to test it for couple of days and report back the status. Just to test the car ac performance I made a trip to Anand Adyar Bhwan on Hosur Road some 72 kms from my place but couldn't spot any difference. Even if I put the climate control on LO on Full Auto, though it cools quite fast but AC keeps switching on and off. After one off event when it comes back ON again, AC doesn't cool and I have to reset the ACC to Full Auto and then it resumes cooling once again.

I just got a call from SA of KHT Motors and he suggested to remap the ECU once again to sort out this issue.

On other hand, I also upgraded speakers of my Linea and put new JBL component speakers front and on rear doors 4 inch JBLs. The system is now sounding much better but unfortunately it's giving a hissing sound. Need to take the car to the technician once again.
Old 9th March 2011, 09:56   #40

Thanks for the clarifications. I love the looks of the car. I would post some quality pictures, but the car has been parked in the garage at our home for the past two days, so with the poor lighting and cramped space in the garage, and apparently my cousin's inexperience in taking photos - the pics taken so far do not do the car justice.

We bought the Fox Trot Azure (a light blue color). Few observations now that I have more pics of the car:

1) The car, while being an Emotion Pack (thanks for the correction), has 2 headrests in the rear and not three. I assume the holes for the third headrest are there in the seat but the lazy technicians might have removed it while installing the seat covers. I will post pictures of that.

2) Also noticed that the front door arm rest seemed to have an uneven quality of the plastic (or is it fabric) at the bottom. Need to find out if that is the case. I have a picture of that posted as well.

3) Take a look at the way the seat cover was installed. From the boot with all the strings, is that normal?

4) Regarding the AC update, will FIAT call us if this needs to be performed? As the car was purchased this Monday, not sure if they already installed the required AC updates.

Now only if we can find a good driver. The one we hired never showed up to work today, and my parents are now forced to rent a car for the day while having a brand new car parked in the garage!!! These Indian full time drivers from what I hear they are the most unreliable little twits - jumping from job to job for a few hundred rupees!!

I will be in India in two weeks time, bringing across the following:
1) Front window shades
2) Tire Shine Armor All - should keep the tires shiny since they have dust all over them due to road construction
3) Interior Finish Armor All - keeps the interior polished.
4) Portable air compressor, runs off the socket (have it in my car, useful if the pressure drops)
5) Several USB sticks, loaded with music for my parents and another for the ECO drive
6) A can of Slime, as a backup in case of a tire puncture
7) A road hazard kit - did not notice the orange safety triangles etc (is it provided in the car?)

Anything else worth bringing? Was thinking about bringing a GPS unit, is there a model that folks favor for loading Indian maps?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea 1.4 Emotion Plus - It's not just a car - it's an Emotional experience!-dsc07506.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 Emotion Plus - It's not just a car - it's an Emotional experience!-dsc07511.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 Emotion Plus - It's not just a car - it's an Emotional experience!-dsc074881.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 Emotion Plus - It's not just a car - it's an Emotional experience!-dsc07505.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 Emotion Plus - It's not just a car - it's an Emotional experience!-dsc07512.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 Emotion Plus - It's not just a car - it's an Emotional experience!-dsc07498.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 Emotion Plus - It's not just a car - it's an Emotional experience!-dsc07503.jpg  

NewYorkDesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 11:59   #41
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkDesi View Post
The car, while being an Emotion Pack (thanks for the correction), has 2 headrests in the rear and not three.
The new Lineas are coming without the third and central head-rest for the back bench seat and also without ash-tray.
Quote:
Take a look at the way the seat cover was installed. From the boot with all the strings, is that normal?
No. I don't see it in my Fiat Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack. See this picture.

Quote:
Regarding the AC update, will FIAT call us if this needs to be performed? As the car was purchased this Monday, not sure if they already installed the required AC updates.
For 1.4 Lineas manufactured in 2011, AC upgradation is not required.
Quote:
A road hazard kit - did not notice the orange safety triangles etc (is it provided in the car?)
It is mandatory. It is provided in all the cars including Fiat.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 21:03   #42
BHPian

The Linea is a ferocious agressive looking car! I quite like the spacious interiors and comforts in this car. On the highway it belts out power. The car has superb stability and the safey features. Sometimes I feel I paid a lakh more for the Honda City as compared to Linea and should have purchased the Linea.
nanduchitnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 14:33   #43

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Guys I am from Bangalore , have been looking for a Linea in the used car segment . Yesterday I came across a Linea Emotion pack 2014 1.4 , which has been ran 37,900 KMs . Dealer is asking for Rs.5,75,000 . I am supposed to see the car this Saturday . My questions :

1. Is it a good deal ?
2. Is this the petrol turbo jet version ?
autohead666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 14:40   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead666 View Post
1. Is it a good deal ?
Yes, if it is the T Jet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead666 View Post
2. Is this the petrol turbo jet version ?
Cannot really say as the NA 1.4 was also sold then. You can differentiate by the T Jet badges on the boot and the front radiator grille, the disc brakes at the rear, and the airbox in the engine bay.
DRIV3R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 15:11   #45

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

So are you suggesting that if its not the Tjet version I should not go for it ?
autohead666 is offline   Reply With Quote