Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th October 2010, 14:25   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
They sure do

Sorry for misspelling your name in my last post. I've asked GTO to reopen my thread.

Please remove the laminations and get the whole thing polished becasue what paddleshifter has told is right. Plastic lamination covers make the cars feel new but it actually spoils the whole thing.

One more suggestion, along with the modifications you are planning, get the automatic window closer fitted. I want to do that but at the same time I do not want to get the warranty voided. Since you are already fitting the music system,you can get his one also fitted. It really helps.
Wot is the automatic window closer? I dont know about it, pls let me know. And the security system I will be installing will not void warranty neither will the music system installation. I have repeatedly checked about that from the dealer and the installer. I have power windows on the front 2 doors. The rear doors need power windows which I will get after I get the ICE and the security system installed. Just like you, I too hav lots of financial commitments right now.
Happy driving, waiting for ur thread to re open.
arpanjha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 14:48   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to hear that you have made a double check for the warranty before proceeding.

The automatic window closer is an addition to your power windows. Once you close the door and lock your car, any windows that you may have forgotten to close, will close automatically.

Since you are planning for the rear power windows, fit it along with that. When the windows are not closed, its sometimes irritating to put the key back on and then close the powered windows.
hemanth.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 14:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
Wot is the automatic window closer? I dont know about it, pls let me know. And the security system I will be installing will not void warranty neither will the music system installation. I have repeatedly checked about that from the dealer and the installer. I have power windows on the front 2 doors. The rear doors need power windows which I will get after I get the ICE and the security system installed. Just like you, I too hav lots of financial commitments right now.
Happy driving, waiting for ur thread to re open.
Hey arpanjha first of all a Hearty Congrats on your latest Italian Acquisition buddy. Looks a Stunner in White.

An automatic window is known better as "Up Modules" among the Accessory dealers. What it does basically is when you lock your car using your "Remote Key", it raises the glasses Automatically, one after the other (most cases) until all of them are shut.

Very Useful feature if you have some co-passengers along most of the times since you don't have to manually ensure that all the glasses are raised everytime you get down and lock the car.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 4th October 2010 at 14:52.
Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 22:34   #34
BHPian

@vik:

Thnx for ur wishes. I dont think I will need the automatic window closers. The rear power windows shall be enough for me. Wot I desperately need now is the Central Lock & Keyless entry. Which I may be able to install this weekend or next week, lets see. I will be installing the much much needed ICE too. Lets see. Keep following the thread.
Old 5th October 2010, 00:09   #35
BHPian

congrats arpan,
this car is a looker, i would have surely bought this instead of the jazz if only the dealer experience could have been better.
wish you a trouble free ownership.
superboy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 07:46   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
congrats arpan,
this car is a looker, i would have surely bought this instead of the jazz if only the dealer experience could have been better.
wish you a trouble free ownership.
Thanks superboy. U hav probably made the right choice getting a Jazz. If my bidget wud have permitted, I too wud have gone for the Jazz. Anyways, happy driving, and keep logging in to this thread.
Old 5th October 2010, 08:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

You have got a very nice car for yourself. Congrats.

And what is this getting to be married soon guys and FIAT thing?
Have seen quite a few "to be married soon" guys going for FIAT.
download2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 14:17   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
You have got a very nice car for yourself. Congrats.

And what is this getting to be married soon guys and FIAT thing?
Have seen quite a few "to be married soon" guys going for FIAT.
First of all, I wish to congratulate u too for ur Punto, I have read ur ownership thread. Happy and Safe driving. Do keep sharing the experiences.

To be married soon, seems to be a very sweet co incidence
Look, in India, many people do buy things on auspicious occasions. And marriage happens to be a great occasion in one's life. A car is a symbol of aspiration and aims and also a way to show success in life. This is wot generally people think. So, speaking about myself, I had planned for the car since long, but somehow it didnt happen. But wot better occasion than this?

Cheers and happy driving, keep the replies flowing.
Old 7th October 2010, 22:49   #39
BHPian

I took my beauty for a drive today with family. I am a new driver, cos I am driving after a long time, but other than parking the car at my garage and taking it out, this car is a breeze to drive and handle. It is lovely and a very very driver friendly car. The only prob I face is when I parke her into my garage and take it out, cos the gates of the garage seem to be small, and is wide enough just for the car with the mirrors folded. Will have to do something soon.

The car is phenomenal to drive, everyone at home were bowled over by her beauty, and the comfort at the rear seats. The handling and ride quality is brilliant to say the least. It obeys every command, it is lovely. Just the Fuel Efficiency figures are giving me some worry, but I am sure it will improve as I drive in open roads. Because today's drive was mainly on very busy roads and stop-go-stop traffic. Had to stop every 15 mins somewhere. It was a short drive today, totalling 28 kms only and in heavy traffic. The FE on the MID showed around 8 km/l or even less, but I didnt give her enough room to open up. I shall take her out for a smoother drive some day soon. I am busy with my work schedule and am rarely finding time to put up some miles on the car, I need a drive, and then I shall come up with more detailed experience and drive reports. And ofcourse pics. Will upload some tomorrow.
Keep watching, reading and writing friends.
Old 8th October 2010, 21:22   #40
BHPian

I recieved a call today from Tata Motors Pune. The guy asked me a whole lot of questions regarding service of the dealership. I made it a point to show in bold letters the lapses made on the part of the Tata Fiat dealerships, in my case its Lexus Motors Kolkata. I have pointed out delicately each and every point where I was dissatisfied and at times frustrated too. I hope Tata and Fiat listens to this. I guess this is the only way the dealership experience will improve and people will start buying FIAT cars.

I have also drawn comparisions to other dealerships of other car manufacturers for ex., Maruti & Hyundai. I made it a point to tell them that I have bought this car only and only because the car is really good. The dealerships shoos away potential customers or do not take the pain to get to a customer, so Tata or Fiat should do some thing about it.

I have also mentioned the case of my manual not being handed over to me at the time of delivery. They have taken note of each and every detail and have promised to do what needs to be done.

What do u say fellow T-bhpians?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th October 2010 at 21:32. Reason: Spelling corrected.
Old 10th October 2010, 12:59   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

I had recieved calls from both Fiat and Tata. my remarks were more or less the same. and when he asked the suggestions, i just told himthat the wating periods in the showroom is too far away from being good.
hemanth.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2010, 14:46   #42
BHPian

Default My car has taken a hit

Sadly yesterday my car has been slightly hit on the front left hand headlight and bumper.

What happened is, I was waiting at a very signal near the kolkata airport. As soon as the signal turned green, the Blue Innova standing in front of me started moving, quite speedily, and all of a sudden it hit the brakes . Before As I had just shifted onto 1st gear and pressed the accelerator, before I could react, the front left portion went ahead and hit the Innova . As far as I cud make out from the driver's seat, the Innova's rear bumper and body panel had been badly hit and the sheet metal on the Innova had bent considerably. With a heavy heart, I drove on to an empty patch and got down to see the damage, as the instrument cluster had already begun showing a signal of headlight failure/error.
I got down to see that the headlamp had not broken, but the reflector/mercury portion inside the lamp had broken inside the headlight console. The headlight was working, but inside there were quite a few broken pieces which I guessed is the reflector. Then I went on the check the damage to the body, surprisingly I found no damage at all has been done to the front left hand side fender or metallic part. The fender has just got misaligned probably because of the headlight being pushed inside.
The front bumper has got a few long blue streaks, which I presume is from the bumper of the blue Innova. There are no scratches or dents whatsoever, the headlight has saved it all.

I didnt want to keep my car in this way, and rang up the FIAT dealer's workshop in the morning, but they say they dont have the headlight assembly in stock. I argued with them, saying I just need the reflector to be replaced, but they said I had to replace the whole assembly. Anyways, since they were out of stock, there was no point in arguing. I rang up another FIAT workshop, same story there, and then the 3rd and last workshop too gave me the same reply. I again rang up the 1st workshop and asked him to work out the small damages like putting the fender in place, pulling back the headlight in place and touching up the bumper, but they said they are terribly booked as because Durga Puja holidays will be starting from wednesday/thursday. There was a similar reply from all 3 of the service centres.
Feeling very dejected, I dialled the dealership's number, the Sales guy then advised me to get the body works done from a local trusted workshop, as that wont void the warranty. It is just a body work, no mechanical work needs to be done, so please get it done from a local workshop and when the dealership opens after the festivities ( 10 to 12 days) you get the headlight replaced.

So, I went ahead and spoke with our trusted local workshop, they have readily agreed to do the job tomorrow morning. They have also advised me to check at the local spare parts market if I can get a replacement of the Punto headlight assembly so that they can fix it up. I will be going now to check if I can get the headlight assembly.

In any case is there any chance that the warranty will get void if I get this job done outside a FIAT workshop? Can anyone advise me anything on the whole.

Last edited by bblost : 11th October 2010 at 14:51. Reason: Please refer forum rules. Smileys are restricted to 2 per post. Thanks.
Old 11th October 2010, 16:07   #43
BHPian

^
Sad to hear about the incident mate. Thankfully, there's only minor damage which can be fixed easily. Why don't you shoot an email to FIAT stating the responses from the service stations you got and asking them for the further course of action?

I think if the outside workshop is a good one, it would be fine but still just an official confirmation would be good. Also, it is unfair to deny servicing for the next 10-12 days for whatever reason there may be. Whichever way, you can first get the bodywork done and ask the service center to request the spare part from FIAT. It would arrive in a few days, but only if they request it.
arun687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2010, 23:26   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun687 View Post
^
Sad to hear about the incident mate. Thankfully, there's only minor damage which can be fixed easily. Why don't you shoot an email to FIAT stating the responses from the service stations you got and asking them for the further course of action?

I think if the outside workshop is a good one, it would be fine but still just an official confirmation would be good. Also, it is unfair to deny servicing for the next 10-12 days for whatever reason there may be. Whichever way, you can first get the bodywork done and ask the service center to request the spare part from FIAT. It would arrive in a few days, but only if they request it.
I have already spoken to Fiat and will be writing an email soon. In the mean time, I will be giving the car to a very good and trusted local workshop maybe tomorrow for the minor repairs on the bumper. I have ordered for a Headlight Assembly from a genuine spares shop , will be getting it by maybe tomorrow or day after. I shall be hoping to get my car on to the good old condition by wednesday evening hopefully. Lets see what happens.
Old 12th October 2010, 12:44   #45
BHPian

Sad to hear about this happening.Hope you get it fixed back to new soon.
Newpunter is offline   Reply With Quote