Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 5th October 2010, 22:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the new purchase. Drive safe.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 11:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Congrats on your beauty!
Please post more detailed review of your car along with more pics. I also got the same alloys as the City-V. Looks cool.
I hope you will get the sun films done - I think it is the most important accessory for Jazz and will look good too!
I am so happy to see few more Jazz ownership threads coming up or else, I was the lone crusader against an army of Polo's,Punto's and Figo's.

And one more request, update the thread as regularly as possible.
I am in the process of adding more stuff to this thread. I must thank you for your thread. It helped me a lot in my decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
congrats RUTVI

happy and safe driving. Do keep us posted about the facts & figures.
Thanks arpanjha

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
Congrats rutvij!

The price in Bangalore for Jazz 1.2MT is 8,76,424L.
Over here it retails for 8.13 lakhs. We don't have Octroi here. I guess you have octroi in Banglore and that could be major reason for price difference.
rutvij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 12:06   #18
BHPian

Here are some pictures of interiors. The first three pictures are taken in natural light and the next two are taken with the help of flash.

Nice little space to keep two mobile phones - perfect for average size mobiles.
Attached Thumbnails
Just Got Jazzed !!-img_7277.jpg  

Just Got Jazzed !!-img_7278.jpg  

Just Got Jazzed !!-img_7279.jpg  

Just Got Jazzed !!-img_7281.jpg  

Just Got Jazzed !!-img_7284.jpg  

Just Got Jazzed !!-img_7285.jpg  

Last edited by .anshuman : 6th October 2010 at 17:49. Reason: Back to back posts in less than 20 minutes.
Old 6th October 2010, 12:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

hey rutvij,

congrats on the jazz. this car has everything that you would expect from a city car. we drove in a jazz once to udaipur and back and the car performed well and returning upto 16 kmpl. which is fantastic.

it seems u have missed out on editing your signature. add the jazz there
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 13:02   #20
BHPian

Thanks Pervez and Harshal.

@Harshal
You are right. My signature certainly needs a change.
Old 6th October 2010, 13:26   #21
BHPian

Hi Rutvij, your Jazz looks awesome. I am almost decided on Jazz but on the last moment I had some other financial commitments which is keeping me away from Jazz for few months.

Please do keep posting about your experience on JAzz.
_Vyenky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 17:48   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Vyenky View Post
Hi Rutvij, your Jazz looks awesome. I am almost decided on Jazz but on the last moment I had some other financial commitments which is keeping me away from Jazz for few months.

Please do keep posting about your experience on JAzz.
Thanks Venky. Jazz is the car to go for in hatchback segment and it is worth waiting for few months.
Old 7th October 2010, 16:50   #23
BHPian

Default Driving Experience

In the City:
I have been driving it for almost a month now. Till date it has clocked about 800 kms. Most of my driving has been in Ahmedabad city. My impressions are as under:

- The engine is butter smooth.
- Engine is so silent that you need to press the accelerator to confirm that it is running.
- Engine is very rev happy and just loves to be revved. The roar of engine at higher rpms feels like music to my ears.
- Its a bit low on torque below 2000 rpm, once it is past 2000rpm it is a breeze to drive. Even at higher rpms the engine feels very refined.
- I find 3rd gear very useful in city driving conditions. Once the car is running past 35kmph in 3rd gear, acceleration is very good. You can keep driving between 35 to 70kmph without downshifting from 3rd gear.
- One has to be careful while driving in bumper to bumper to traffic. It is certainly not easy to attack gaps due to its width. (I am telling this from previous experience of Wagon R)

Coming up my impressions on Highway Driving...
Old 7th October 2010, 17:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rutvij,

One thing I completely agree with you is Jazz is not a hatch that you can zip pass in a gap like you would do with a wagon r. I drive a wagon r and once in a while i have my friends / cousins jazz and the width takes time to getting used to.

After reading so many Jazz review on tbhp and specially yours, admicras, devrshi's getting more tempted to get Jazz as my next car.

Awaiting more updates on this thread.

Edit : Rated 5 star to your thread.
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 19:24   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hey Rutvij,

One thing I completely agree with you is Jazz is not a hatch that you can zip pass in a gap like you would do with a wagon r. I drive a wagon r and once in a while i have my friends / cousins jazz and the width takes time to getting used to.

After reading so many Jazz review on tbhp and specially yours, admicras, devrshi's getting more tempted to get Jazz as my next car.

Awaiting more updates on this thread.

Edit : Rated 5 star to your thread.
Thanks Harshal for rating it 5 star. I don't know how stars appear against a thread. I will do some search and learn about it.

Here is my take on highway driving experience.

On the Highway:
I havenít driven it extensively on highways. However I had an opportunity to drive it on Expressway. I drove about 90 kms on Expressway and about 80 kms on State Highway. Drive on Expressway was very impressive. Though the car was in Ďrun iní period, I couldnít stop myself from testing its top speed. 140kmph was effortlessly reached with regular frequency and the engine was still eager to move on. Once you are above 75kmph in 5th gear you donít have down shift while overtaking and even after breaking behind a slow moving vehicle driving ahead. The car felt well planted on the road at such higher speeds but would have loved more feedback from the steering at higher speeds.

I had specifically requested and got Michelin as per GTOs advice. Not much of road noise was felt in the cabin and Auto adjusting volume function of the stereo seems to be working well as I didnít have to increase the volume at higher speeds.

On state highways there were some broken stretches of road. The car dealt with them in a mature fashion. However I felt that it absorbs bad roads very well at higher speeds. 3rd gear on this kind of highway proved very useful. It provided good acceleration for overtaking slow moving traffic. In all it was a very satisfying outing and it reminded me of my 1g Honda City.

Tomorrow I am planning to go for another outing on Expressway. I plan to get exact fuel consumption on tankful to tankful method. Lets see how it works out.
Old 7th October 2010, 20:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

Great to see you updating this thread!
All your thoughts about the car seem to be exactly same as mine! Regarding the low end torque, it is a not such a big issue and highly exaggerated I feel! Once you are at 2000 rpm or more, the acceleration is very impressive. The car is extremely rev happy and so it is a sin to drive it below 2000 rpm

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please refrain from talking about high speed driving on this forum. Thanks !

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th October 2010 at 10:14.
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2010, 10:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All your thoughts about the car seem to be exactly same as mine! Regarding the low end torque, it is a not such a big issue and highly exaggerated I feel! Once you are at 2000 rpm or more, the acceleration is very impressive. The car is extremely rev happy and so it is a sin to drive it below 2000 rpm

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please refrain from talking about high speed driving on this forum. Thanks !
Sorry, was not aware of this rule! Can you give me a link to this ? I am not clear as to what is high speed. Is it over 150 kmph? If you talk about safety, anything above 100 kmph in India is very unsafe. I have seen so many posts talking about 200 kmph or more in this forum. So, this does come as a surprise to me!
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2010, 13:22   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sorry, was not aware of this rule! Can you give me a link to this ? I am not clear as to what is high speed. Is it over 150 kmph? If you talk about safety, anything above 100 kmph in India is very unsafe. I have seen so many posts talking about 200 kmph or more in this forum. So, this does come as a surprise to me!
Agree with you that anything above 100kmph on normal indian highways is not a safe speed. Maybe 120kmph is a safe speed on GQ if driven keeping all safety parameters into consideration. Anything above these speeds is simply putting yourself and others at risk.

Discussing highspeed driving and quoting high speed numbers driven and posting pictures of odos showing the same is not allowed on the forum.

If you note someone posting the same. Do report such posts and it will be edited/deleted accordingly
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2010, 14:16   #29
BHPian

Quote:
All your thoughts about the car seem to be exactly same as mine!
I guess smart people think alike !

I am back from 172 kms trip of highway and as per MFD of the car the average is 17.2. I am yet to fill it to the brim again. Will let you know about the exact average as soon as I get it filled again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Agree with you that anything above 100kmph on normal indian highways is not a safe speed.
I agree with you. I frequently travel between Ahmedabad and Udaipur. This stretch of GQ is complete and people drive at insane speeds on this road. I had a nasty accident on this road in my 1G Honda City about 4 years ago. I was going at 90kmph when a stupid biker got onto the road without looking whats coming from the other side. I saw him only when he came on my side of the road. Due to height of the divider and low seating position of Honda City I couldn't see him coming from the other side. Luckily all people sitting in the car along with the biker and its pillion survived with minor injuries.

Since then I have stopped going above 100 kmph on these roads and I reduce it to about 70 - 80kmph when I reach populated areas with dividers.

Last edited by bblost : 8th October 2010 at 15:13. Reason: Please use mutiquote instead of creating 2 posts. Thanks.
Old 8th October 2010, 20:22   #30
BHPian

Default Fuel Consumption on Highway

Today I covered about 174.3 kms on combined cycle of Express Way and State Highway. About 90 kms were on Express Way and remaining on State Highway. I calculated FE on tankful to tankful basis.

For 174.3 kms it consumed Exactly 11 ltrs of petrol i.e. FE figures comes to 15.84 kmpl. On express way car was driven in the range of 100 to 120 kmph whereas on state highways it was driven at about 80 kmph.

However fuel efficiency as shown by Multifunction Display of the Car was 17.2kmpl for this cycle.

As per my calculation there is an error of about 2kmpl in the MFD calculations because as per my last calculation in city driving the FE should have been around 12 while the MFD was showing FE of around 14.

Till now my car has travelled about 1080 kms. Tomorrow I will try to give overall FE of the car from the beginning as I have preserved all the petrol bills.