Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 15th November 2010, 22:15   #61
BHPian

@rutvij
i don't think you can connect a pen drive through the aux port using a wire cause a pen drive would have to have a powered usb port to run.
devices connected through the aux port have their own power supply.
but surely if you find a way to use the pen drive with this system it would great.
also i second your thoughts about the stereo, it is actually one of the better sounding OEM systems.
superboy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 22:33   #62
Senior - BHPian

I double Devarshi84. The stock speakers on the Jazz are not great. One thing I've observed though is that the FM transmission is decent on volume levels lower than and upto 8 whereas the CD sounds pretty good up until 14 or so. Anything above 15 is just noise.
9thsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2010, 00:19   #63
Senior - BHPian

I found the music system in Jazz very good if you talk relative to the OEM system available in comparable cars, might be the best among the cars in the same segment. Like rutvij, initially I had thought of upgrading the speakers at least after buying a new car but now I have dropped the idea.
I would have liked a little more bass though but again expectations from stock systems have to be realistic!

@akp, the HU in Jazz is same as Jazz X and capable of playing songs from pen drive - Honda has played a dirty trick by not providing the USB in Jazz hoping they can charge more by providing it later in Jazz X. I had enquired about the same to Honda India and they replied that it can be done but since it requires change in wiring and they won't cut any wires, the entire wiring harness has to be replaced which will cost 30K+
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2010, 01:33   #64
BANNED

you can use those FM transmitters which play USB abd also cards, I have been using those in my NHC for almost 2 yrs now. They are dirt cheap around 200 Rs, will solve ur problems and believe me if u have a good quality rip (read 320kbps) the sound will be nice.

you can always give it a try at this cost

alternatively have a dedicated MP3 player or mobile like samsung champ which have great output

Last edited by drsnt : 16th November 2010 at 01:40.
drsnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2010, 10:20   #65
Senior - BHPian

Just to be on the safer side I will not fiddle with the stereo wires. Manufacturers have strict warranty adherence and even a minor blip will void it.

and just like 9thsphinx said, anything higher than 15-20 is just noise. I am definitely changing the speakers after 4 years.

FM reception is clear though and the steering controls are a joy to use.

Also, I am not sure about it but I got a feeling that the front speakers are more powerful and start distorting if the volume is above 20 with SVC at high.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2010, 12:27   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
Something new discovered about the car today by me
Thanks. I guess thats the beauty of this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
I do not think Aux to usb converter will be of any use. The reason is: when you use the aux port, the system hands over the control to the external device and it is the external device (ipod/zune/music phone etc) that plays the music using the speakers. On the other hand, usb connectivity means you need to just attach an external storage device (pen drive etc) and it is the car stereo system that plays the music taking files from the external device as inputs. The aux to usb converter is merely a piece of wire that can not change this way of functioning; if you use the converter and connect a pen drive, the system will expect the pen drive to play the music, which it can not. To draw an analogy, it is just like adapter plugs that one uses when using electrical items bought in US back home in India.
I agree with AKP. The USB adapter should be compatible with HU of Honda so that HU can control the USB. The best option should be given by Honda by providing USB connectivity as accessory but definitely not @ 30k.

@ Devarshi
I guess changing the speakers shouldn't void the warranty provided the job is done by an expert.

Has anyone installed sub woofer in Honda Jazz?

@akp,
Quote:
I had enquired about the same to Honda India and they replied that it can be done but since it requires change in wiring and they won't cut any wires, the entire wiring harness has to be replaced which will cost 30K+
Honda seems to have very strict set of procedures to deal with any change in features. I was surprised to learn that they had to change both the rear panels in the boot to accommodate the parcel tray. In fact those rear panels might be costing more that the tray itself !
I guess they must have finalised the configuration of Jazz about 4 years ago when other cars weren't coming out with goodies. And now they are finding it difficult to absorb the cost of changes due to such procedures.

Last edited by rutvij : 16th November 2010 at 12:37.
rutvij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2010, 12:59   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
The USB adapter should be compatible with HU of Honda so that HU can control the USB. The best option should be given by Honda by providing USB connectivity as accessory but definitely not @ 30k.
The USB adapter can be fitted separately but i'm not sure HONDA is selling that separately. But of course they have that for different variants. Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Just Got Jazzed !!-p01.jpg  

Just Got Jazzed !!-p02.jpg  

wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2010, 14:58   #68
BHPian

Check this out.

Honda / Acura 2003+ GROM USB/iPod/AUX interface car kit
rutvij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2010, 16:06   #69
Senior - BHPian

Hi Rutvij,

this seems to be a nice option to add USB / Bluetooth to the Jazz. Do you know if this is available here in India? I would suggest this to my cousin too.

Please let me know if you get hold of someone who has this.

Thanks.
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2010, 18:11   #70
Senior - BHPian

Than rutvij!
This looks like a nice solution. Honda India on facebook has faced numerous questions about retro-fitting the USB port on Jazz/Jazz Select and they have promised to get back to us with a feasible solution.
I am waiting for that and hoping that they will come up with something.

Otherwise, this looks like a very good option and easy to install as well.
Anyone considering to give it a try?
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2010, 19:05   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
I do not think Aux to usb converter will be of any use. The reason is: when you use the aux port, the system hands over the control to the external device and it is the external device (ipod/zune/music phone etc) that plays the music using the speakers. On the other hand, usb connectivity means you need to just attach an external storage device (pen drive etc) and it is the car stereo system that plays the music taking files from the external device as inputs. The aux to usb converter is merely a piece of wire that can not change this way of functioning; if you use the converter and connect a pen drive, the system will expect the pen drive to play the music, which it can not. To draw an analogy, it is just like adapter plugs that one uses when using electrical items bought in US back home in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
@rutvij
i don't think you can connect a pen drive through the aux port using a wire cause a pen drive would have to have a powered usb port to run.
devices connected through the aux port have their own power supply.
but surely if you find a way to use the pen drive with this system it would great.
also i second your thoughts about the stereo, it is actually one of the better sounding OEM systems.
I agree to both of your point of view but this has been cofirmed by once of the shops. I am waiting for this week and will again check on Sunday. Will keep posted about the final result.
scrooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 08:53   #72
BHPian

Hi is there any recent purchaser of Jazz in Chennai who has got some deals. Am considering a jazz
psathya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2010, 00:52   #73
BHPian

My question is does the Jazz music system play dvds?? or is it just cds!
please enlighten.
coolmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2010, 20:57   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psathya View Post
Hi is there any recent purchaser of Jazz in Chennai who has got some deals. Am considering a jazz
I purchased one during September '10. Got it for 7.6 from Sundaram Honda. Basic model. All promises of alloy wheels for another 10K were lame.
snorting bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2010, 21:42   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
And this too
Connecting the USB
snorting bull is offline   Reply With Quote