Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th December 2010, 22:40   #76
BHPian

From the link, it seems fairly easy. Not sure if Indian version of the HU would difffer. There seems to be no cutting wires etc.
snorting bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 17:19   #77
BHPian

Default Re: Just Got Jazzed !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorting bull View Post
I purchased one during September '10. Got it for 7.6 from Sundaram Honda. Basic model. All promises of alloy wheels for another 10K were lame.
Heartiest Congratulations on you buy. Hope to see your ownership thread soon (If you haven't done that by now!).

You have found a very nice guide to install USB connectivity to Jazz. But here the main problem could be of sourcing the USB adapter. If USB adapter is made available by Honda then everything else seems very easy.
rutvij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 16:29   #78
BHPian

Default Rattling noise from the back:

It has been a long time since I have updated this thread. Since my last post, I have got 2nd free service done. It was a routine service and no oil change was recommended. However I was experiencing some kind of rattling noise from the back of the car and I had requested the service guy to look into it.

When I received the car back, I was told that the noise was coming from left suspension in the back side and it has been sorted out. Though the rattling had come down, but it was still there. Therefore I took the car to the service station next Sunday. I was assigned a service advisor who looked into the rattling and traced it to the rear number plate. They did some taping to it and returned the car. While on my way to home, I realized that the rattling noise was still coming. The next day I received a call from the service station asking me whether my complaint was solved or not. I told her that the noise was still there. They immediately sent a service guy to my office.

We both took the test drive and traced the noise to real parcel tray. It was felt that the noise was coming from the joint of the parcel tray. The person in charge of accessory department was also called up as I had bought the parcel tray as an accessory to confirm the findings. They called up my car to the service station and fixed some tape on the hinges of the side panels on which the parcel tray rests. I was happy that at last the rattling noise will be gone.

But to my dismay I realized that the rattling noise was still there. I decided to do my own investigation. While going through the fitting of parcel tray I realised that there is a raised surface just like a small bump on the inner side of the hatch door. This was done to accommodate rear viper assembly. While passing through bad road the parcel tray was hitting this area and rattling noise was coming. On good roads the problem was not there. But at high speeds or on bad roads this noise felt very annoying. I crossed checked my finding by asking my wife to drive the car on bad road while me sitting in the rear seat and holding the parcel tray. No rattling noise was coming while I held the parcel tray.

The next thing to do was to solve the problem. I contacted the accessory guy and told him about my findings. He test drove the car and agreed with me. For solving the problem he advised me to cut some portion of the parcel tray that was coming into the contact with the bump of the hatch door. My only concern was that anything that they do should not affect the strength of the parcel tray. They sent the parcel tray to some other workshop and got its border cut from the right side. We again test drove the car and the noise was gone !

During my chats with the accessory guy, I realized that many Jazz owners are complaining about this rattling and now when they have found this solution, they will implement it for other Jazz owners.

I am happy that though it took some time, my problem got solved. Such small irritants take away the joy of owning such a wonderful car.

Raised area on the hatch door.
Just Got Jazzed !!-hatch-door.jpg

Cut on the parcel tray.
Just Got Jazzed !!-tray-cut.jpg
Old 21st June 2011, 18:05   #79
BHPian

Default Thanks to ABS

Recently I had an opportunity (?) to experience the marvel of ABS on Jazz.

After the signal turned green at the traffic signal, I took right turn. As I was the first one I gathered speed of about 40 kmph and suddenly to my horror I saw a motorcyclist jumping the signal and coming from the opposite direction towards my car. I was already turning right and had no option but to break hard. I was expecting the car to slide a bit and hit that moron. But to my surprise I heard couple of thuds from the breaks and the car stopped immediately without any dramas leaving that moron thanking God Almighty.

I could feel ABS into action. It was awesome. It certainly saved me from hefty repair bill and other hassles.
Old 21st June 2011, 18:56   #80
BHPian

Default Re: Thanks to ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Recently I had an opportunity (?) to experience the marvel of ABS on Jazz.

After the signal turned green at the traffic signal, I took right turn. As I was the first one I gathered speed of about 40 kmph and suddenly to my horror I saw a motorcyclist jumping the signal and coming from the opposite direction towards my car. I was already turning right and had no option but to break hard. I was expecting the car to slide a bit and hit that moron. But to my surprise I heard couple of thuds from the breaks and the car stopped immediately without any dramas leaving that moron thanking God Almighty.

I could feel ABS into action. It was awesome. It certainly saved me from hefty repair bill and other hassles.
Hi Rutvij,
Yes, I experienced the ABS too,it is good. And only today did I read your post about the rattling sound,I have been hearing it too. Now I shall check on your findings and hope to get it corrected. Incidentally ,just like your present cars,we have an innova (dad's), i10(wife's) and a jazz too. Though lately I feel like wanting a more powerful petrol car!
Rameshdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 13:46   #81
BHPian

Default Re: Thanks to ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Hi Rutvij,
Yes, I experienced the ABS too,it is good. And only today did I read your post about the rattling sound,I have been hearing it too. Now I shall check on your findings and hope to get it corrected. Incidentally ,just like your present cars,we have an innova (dad's), i10(wife's) and a jazz too. Though lately I feel like wanting a more powerful petrol car!
I hope your problem gets sorted out very soon. I certainly wish jazz comes with 1.5l engine. Apart from slow response at low speeds, jazz is perfect for city.