Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th October 2010, 19:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Dieselite, congratulations on your new purchase.

I guess yours is the first face-lifted Hyundai i10 on the forum. And, I lov your registration number.

Drive safe. Always wear your seatbelt.

Amith

Last edited by Klub Class : 9th October 2010 at 19:50.
Klub Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 07:14   #17
BHPian

Congrats Dieselite. Welcome to i10 Automatic Family. Congratulations. Very good snaps.

I have been driving Magna AT for last 7 months and never experienced jerks while changing gears. When Changing gears do you keep the brake pedal pressed?

Keep the engine rpm within 2500 for initial drive in period of say 2000 kms.

I am getting around 11 to 12 kmpl. Would be interested to know how much the new Kappa2 AT delivers.

Keep us updated.
Simhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 07:24   #18
BANNED

Congrats Dieselite. Facelifted i10 is so much more than exteriors. It has got many features from i20- foldable key, steering controls, electric mirrors etc. The dash looks fantastic.
I wish you a happy ownership journey ahead.
PaddleShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 07:31   #19
TOR
BHPian

Congrats on the buy. The integrated indicators looks real chic.

Does the buttons on the wheel get in the way while using the horn?
TOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 08:57   #20
BHPian

Congrats!! Finally IMHO the i10 really looks good. The interiors look good and I would love to see the blue back lit dash ala the Civic. So requesting if you to please upload a night time pic of the dash.
SPARKled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 09:50   #21
BHPian

Thanks Utopian and Klub Class and Paddleshifter !

@ Simhi - The jerk was very prominent the first evening. Yesterday didnt experience it much...but will keep a close watch on it. I do keep the brakes engaged for 2-3 seconds while changing gears. I will definitely keep posting FE figures with the km update !

@ TOR - the button itself is not interfering...but the horn size reducing takes a bit of time to get used to...stretching the fingers to blow the horn will take some time to get used to !

@SPARKled - night-time pic coming up soon !
Dieselite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 09:51   #22
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on being the first owner of the next gen i10 Kappa on the forum.

Being the owner of the first gen i can see that its a great improvement over the last version on almost all aspects. I am not too happy only with two aspects :-

1. The rear does not look as appealing as the previous version

2. Though the design of the center console looks good it does look plasticky and does not give a rich feel

What's the OTR price paid in pune? and do keep posting this thread with your ownership experience.

Btw, my Magna (Manual version) never crossed 11kmpl.

Happy Driving !!!
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 09:59   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats on being the first owner of the next gen i10 Kappa on the forum.

Being the owner of the first gen i can see that its a great improvement over the last version on almost all aspects. I am not too happy only with two aspects :-

1. The rear does not look as appealing as the previous version

2. Though the design of the center console looks good it does look plasticky and does not give a rich feel

What's the OTR price paid in pune? and do keep posting this thread with your ownership experience.

Happy Driving !!!

Hey mobike008 ! Thanks !

I agree totally about the rear. I really found it to be an amateurish effort. But the centre console looks really good in flesh. The image does not do any justice to it. It actually does exude a rich feel, but then again, not everyone must share the same likes and dislikes. I really did love that and hate the rear end !

Last edited by Amartya : 10th October 2010 at 23:30. Reason: Edits to remove dots. Kindly try and use minimally "dotty" style, it makes for an easier read.
Dieselite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 14:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Mobike008, my i10 kappa Sportz consistently gives me more than 12.5 kmpl in city with almost 100% AC and around 40-50% bumper to bumper driving.

In one of the threads started by svaid, we have discussed how to get the best mileage out of kappa. Please do go through it.

For now, i would say, as a thumb rule, always up shift at 2000 rpms and downshift only when you feel it is going to lug. And you know what, the figure of 2000rpms is proved and our decision was vindicated when the manual gear shift indicator in my dads recently bought i20 1.2 recommended an up shift at 2000 rpms!!

Try doing that religiously for a tankful and observe if it makes any difference. Let us know!
Note: My i10 runs on stock tires. I am not sure if you have replaced those and if so how much difference would it make on the mileage. Even if it does, it shouldn't be more than 0.5 kmpl i feel.
iPai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 19:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

congrats on the car, looks cool in white.

I am very very impressed withe the features given in new i10. This car looks very promising now.

Any discounts ? Also like others I am glued on to hear the FE of this Kappa2.
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2010, 04:31   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
2. When parking, the car has to go from Reverse to Drive or back n forth a couple of times. At the time when changing the modes on the Auto-Box from R to D or D to R there is a BIG JERK ! Its almost like the auto clutch just connects very jerkily. This happened a few times but then didnt happen always ! Made me a bit uncomfortable. Anyone have similar experiences ?!!
Sounds like low fluid level in the trans. Definetly get it checked up.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2010, 13:40   #27
BHPian

Congratulations on the new car! The car looks awsome in white color.

I'll be getting mine on 17th from Kothari Hyndai.
Auto_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2010, 14:12   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
Mobike008, my i10 kappa Sportz consistently gives me more than 12.5 kmpl in city with almost 100% AC and around 40-50% bumper to bumper driving.
So are you saying in city you get 375kms when the fuel warning lamp comes up?

I get 330kms when lamp comes up and when i tank up get exactly 30L

You advice is tough to follow as upshifting at 2k rpms is not possible.

I love to upshift at 3K and above and my kappa has done only 8500 kms in 23 months and running on stock tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Any discounts ? Also like others I am glued on to hear the FE of this Kappa2.
Unlike Maruti, Hyundai always offers discounts even on newly released cars ( thats what i love about them). And, expect good discounts for Dussera and Diwali when Hyundais is known to make huge killings.

Last edited by mobike008 : 11th October 2010 at 14:13.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2010, 14:25   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Dieselite on the purchase of the new i10. The new i10 in white looks a whole lot better than the other color to me.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the i10. Drive safe!

Keep us updated with the FE numbers. Keenly interested in the mileage of the autobox
nkrishnap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2010, 15:02   #30
BHPian

Quote:
So are you saying in city you get 375kms when the fuel warning lamp comes up?

I get 330kms when lamp comes up and when i tank up get exactly 30L

You advice is tough to follow as upshifting at 2k rpms is not possible.

I love to upshift at 3K and above and my kappa has done only 8500 kms in 23 months and running on stock tyres.
Well, 389 kms when the fuel lamp warning came up this time mobike008

But then i follow the auto cut off to auto cut off method of measuring mileage. generally do not go by the warning lamp. That anyway is the T-BHP recommended method right?

By the way you upshift at 3000 rpms!! Man, that is bound to give you very less mileage. At first i used to upshift at 2500 rpms which i believed then, was the right point of up shift. The mileage then used to hover around 12.5 kmpl.

Later got some suggestions in the svaid thread. Got a maximum of 14.15 kmpl in city once!

It is quite possible to upshift at 2000 rpms but then this would mean non-spirited driving right?

See, if you want better mileage, you got to be a little sedate. A little, mind you. It doesn't feel weak at 2000 rpms.
iPai is offline   Reply With Quote