Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th January 2006, 11:27   #136
Senior - BHPian

i saw a cedia on the roads couple of days back. it was black in color, had temp number. the car looks awesome specially from the front. It does pack quite a punch too, specially with ABS, EBD, air bags and independent suspension, over and above the power it packs.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 11:46   #137
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

imho the car doesnt look too god and the the lancer still looks anyday better.for the same price you get chevrolet optra royale which has even more kit + a sunroof.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 12:51   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
imho the car doesnt look too god and the the lancer still looks anyday better.for the same price you get chevrolet optra royale which has even more kit + a sunroof.
Agree with you - have spotted a cedia on the road and it didnt quite appeal to me - the lancer looks way better.

Also, count in the Elantra GLS for competition.
goldie_malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 12:53   #139
BHPian

oooppppsss - I think its turning into a cedia thread now - guys, can we shift over to the main thread on the cedia.
Old 27th January 2006, 12:56   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay82
I would like to confirm that ACI Dec05 mentioned 10.66 as 0-100 timings for zx vtec. i have the overdrive jan copy and they have a couple of big errors . driver and passenger front and side air bags anyone ??? also couple of other smaller errors ; seating capacity of 4 ; boot 490l (shud be 500 right?) they state 11.35 as the 0-100 timings. i wonder if that can be trusted if they dont bother to even fine tune and remove the errors before printing the article.
I am not surprised at these glaring errors.

OD has become famous for the erroneous. ambiguous and biased quality of their reviews by now.

Dont buy that magazine anymore - and dont even pick it up at a dentists
Old 27th January 2006, 16:09   #141

Hmm yeah goldie, i know, cant believe the top knock is 172kmph according to OD. btw i too took delivery of a brand new NH black vtec 7 days ago and it runs like a charm used to own an astra before and it wasnt much on the performance front though the ride,handling and interiors were unbeatable. so revving this new beauty is something i've experienced for the first time;with the amount of running its doin it'll be broken into in no time. 7 days - 700km in city conditions ny1? m planning to really open her up after the first service at 1000km. will post my experience abt it then.
vijay82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 16:54   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay82
7 days - 700km in city conditions ny1?
Phew ! But then Mumbai distances are probably more than Kolkata .. I've logged only 400+ in 9 days
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2006, 16:59   #143
BHPian

Hi folks...

I am a new member in this group....
Have read this complete thread and was very much impressed by the respect and freindliness you people help others & give out your precious time for the same....
Felt as if was reading some comments between a grp of close frnds...
Joined this group as I was thinking of going in for NHC....

Old 9th February 2006, 17:10   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall_gagan
Joined this group as I was thinking of going in for NHC....
Hi Gagan, welcome to Team BHP and you could join in irrespective of which car you were going in for! Not all of us are NHC fans but that's what makes it interesting doesn't it?! And you will get many an honest opinion here and thats what makes T-BHP so special!
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 09:44   #145
BHPian

V-tec all the way for me I had the B16A2 engine at the moment it is lively enough even though it is at high mileage. Although I am planning to do the B20Z hybrid engine swap..... so wish me luck on that and I will be smoking a few on the road expecting 180+ bhps with standard internals.
gary_yuen42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 11:02   #146
Senior - BHPian

The Vtec engines we get here are D-series, not the mad B-series mills. I'd kill for a B16B...
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 14:26   #147
BHPian

Hi folks,

This would be my first post on my idea of buying NHC.
I have seen a number of posts on the discussions between Ford Fiesta & NHC & OHC.
I am still convinced of going for NHC( Personal Liking) because of the overall package, including the luxurious feel when one enters the cabin.
another thing which i wanted to ask was that Since Skoda Fabia is gonna come soon to Indian markets in competition to NHC & Fiesta ... Do you think it would bring out some good options to choose from since skoda has got some good image in india...
Old 10th February 2006, 14:30   #148
Senior - BHPian

I remember one of the auto mags said that Fabia is slated for this year end. I even read that they are planning to bring it in their 1.4 PD dsl engine. Hope this is true.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 15:37   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall_gagan
I am still convinced of going for NHC( Personal Liking) because of the overall package, including the luxurious feel when one enters the cabin.
Gagan, check out the Fiesta 1.6 SXI - you may be pleasantly surprised about the cabin; more so when you see the kind of equipment you are getting at a much lower price (more than a lac difference), not to mention safety features like ABS & EBD which Honda is not even offering as an option and engine performance that is way peppier than the NHC ZX.

Take a test drive before you take the final decision......
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 16:11   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Gagan, check out the Fiesta 1.6 SXI - you may be pleasantly surprised about the cabin; more so when you see the kind of equipment you are getting at a much lower price (more than a lac difference), not to mention safety features like ABS & EBD which Honda is not even offering as an option and engine performance that is way peppier than the NHC ZX.

Take a test drive before you take the final decision......
Suman, I tend to agree with Gagan - I also checked out the Fiesta Sxi and even with the leather seats, the interiors are good, but not as great as NHC, and its not as spacious either.

And except for those and the ABS/EBD (which costs extra), what other equipment is different ? - maybe the 6-Cd changer, but heard it doesnt support MP3 ...

The diff of a lac is only between the Fiesta Sxi and the NHC VTEC - NHC Gxi is actually cheaper...
And i hope you are comparing the peppiness with the non-VTEC version only

@gagan - dont wait for the fabia, skoda has been planning for ages to bring it out and there are still no signs of it - if you have to choose - do it between the NHC and fiesta - though baleno, optra and elantra could be other good options, search through the forum for lots of heads-on comparison between all of these...

Last edited by goldie_malhotra : 10th February 2006 at 16:14.