Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 10th February 2006, 17:50   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
Suman, I tend to agree with Gagan - I also checked out the Fiesta Sxi and even with the leather seats, the interiors are good, but not as great as NHC, and its not as spacious either.
Well, to each his own but I prefer the leather to fabric any day. Rear seat space - agree with you that Fiesta is more cramped than NHC if driver's seat is pushed back fully
Quote:
And except for those and the ABS/EBD (which costs extra), what other equipment is different ? - maybe the 6-Cd changer, but heard it doesnt support MP3 ...
Still way better than a cassette player and adequate for my daily needs; additional over GXI is leather upholstery and leather wrapped steering wheel with aluminium spokes, Alloy wheels (GXI?), DTE gauge, outside temp display, 6 speakers instead of usual 4, intelligent defogger, head lamp levelling (not sure if GXI has this), rear fog lamps. LOADS of storage space and map reading lamps as well as illuminated glove compartment to mention a few
Quote:
The diff of a lac is only between the Fiesta Sxi and the NHC VTEC - NHC Gxi is actually cheaper...
Agreed but there is still a difference of 30k ex-showroom Gurgaon and you can add on another 20k or so for the leather upholstery so that is still 50k more between SXI & GXI......
Quote:
And i hope you are comparing the peppiness with the non-VTEC version only
As I said, way peppier than NHC ZX........having said that I'll hold my tongue about the VTEC vs SXI bit till I've run in my car though no doubt the timings show the VTEC to be a quicker sprinter!!!

Last edited by suman : 10th February 2006 at 17:52.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 18:21   #152
BHPian

Quote:
head lamp levelling (not sure if GXI has this).
This feature even comes in Santro so why not in Honda .

Last edited by unknown : 10th February 2006 at 18:34.
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 18:37   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown
You'd be surprised......airbags in the swift but not in any others till the 10 lac plus category, so....
Old 10th February 2006, 18:59   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
having said that I'll hold my tongue about the VTEC vs SXI bit till I've run in my car though no doubt the timings show the VTEC to be a quicker sprinter!!!
only one way to figure that out - the delhi-jaipur highway
run-in your car soon, mate and we could have that drive
goldie_malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 19:06   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown
Its there in the GXi and in the Exi as well - though its not mentioned as a feature in their brochure - dunno why ?

Was not aware of Santro having this feature ? - Accent GLE, yes - but not the santro ....
Old 10th February 2006, 19:25   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its there in the GXi and in the Exi as well - though its not mentioned as a feature in their brochure - dunno why ?

Was not aware of Santro having this feature ? - Accent GLE, yes - but not the santro ....
Surprisingly, lot of the so-called lower end cars have a lot of these interesting features - I think the Wagon R Euro 3 also has this (apart from ABS-EBD)
Old 10th February 2006, 19:28   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
only one way to figure that out - the delhi-jaipur highway
run-in your car soon, mate and we could have that drive
Will do & look forward to it.....though I wouldn't mind taking off from any red light on Outer Ring road early morning as well!
Old 10th February 2006, 19:30   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Yes-It's come with all City variant's offtopic>Now GXI comes with a alpine mp3 music player !
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 21:36   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
The Vtec engines we get here are D-series, not the mad B-series mills. I'd kill for a B16B...
D-series and add a turbo Engine tends to be steadily available and not expensive Just an idea
gary_yuen42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 23:58   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
The Vtec engines we get here are D-series, not the mad B-series mills. I'd kill for a B16B...
Hey V1per, the OHC has the B series. The NHC uses the L series engine and the Vtec is called the L-15 VTEC. The last of the B series was the B-17 Honda Civic...after the I-VTEC comes out the K-18 will replace it and the B series is officially dead after all those years.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2006, 00:17   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Surprisingly, lot of the so-called lower end cars have a lot of these interesting features - I think the Wagon R Euro 3 also has this (apart from ABS-EBD)
even Maruti 800 comes with headlamp levelling feature...it is a mandatory requirement on all cars now
Buffetfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2006, 17:57   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
even Maruti 800 comes with headlamp levelling feature...it is a mandatory requirement on all cars now
Yes its a mandatory requirement and so are the rear seat belts if I am right, not sure how many cars to provide these on this day??
anarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2006, 10:35   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Still way better than a cassette player and adequate for my daily needs; additional over GXI is leather upholstery and leather wrapped steering wheel with aluminium spokes, Alloy wheels (GXI?), DTE gauge, outside temp display, 6 speakers instead of usual 4, intelligent defogger, head lamp levelling (not sure if GXI has this), rear fog lamps. LOADS of storage space and map reading lamps as well as illuminated glove compartment to mention a few
Storage space of NHC is bigger and also more well designed( refer Overdrive comparison), where as other small features are concerned, yes Fiesta might be the best at the price given, but Put a leather upholstery in NHC and whoooosh! the car competes the interiors of Corrola. Also, The rear seats don't have much space than NHC and it is far more convenient to seat 3 in NHC than in Fiesta.

As I said, way peppier than NHC ZX........having said that I'll hold my tongue about the VTEC vs SXI bit till I've run in my car though no doubt the timings show the VTEC to be a quicker sprinter!!!
I Agree to that, but the eff was another reason for getting my heads turn towards NHC.

Gagan
dhall_gagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2006, 10:49   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Well, to each his own but I prefer the leather to fabric any day. Rear seat space - agree with you that Fiesta is more cramped than NHC if driver's seat is pushed back fully

Storage space of NHC is bigger and also more well designed( refer Overdrive comparison), where as other small features are concerned, yes Fiesta might be the best at the price given, but Put a leather upholstery in NHC and whoooosh! the car competes the interiors of Corrola. Also, The rear seats don't have much space than NHC and it is far more convenient to seat 3 in NHC than in Fiesta.

Quote:

dhall_gagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2006, 11:24   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Hey V1per, the OHC has the B series. The NHC uses the L series engine and the Vtec is called the L-15 VTEC. The last of the B series was the B-17 Honda Civic...after the I-VTEC comes out the K-18 will replace it and the B series is officially dead after all those years.
For more details on the L-series VTEC, see the Technical coverage section in
http://asia.vtec.net/Reviews/VTECCityPrev/index.html

Also, the below link gives a nice description of the VTEC implementations over the ages
http://asia.vtec.net/spfeature/vtecimpl/vtec1.html