Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th January 2006, 00:46   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityapd
and most importantly the Honda badge which the lancer can only dream off....

NOt true at all. most of the mitsubishi lancers are owned by the cream crowd in India.

Internationally I must say it is a different situation after the 2002 debacle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza
what the customer wants i.e. what you have specified and in addition FE. In that segment probably customers don't look at engine size, handling or gearbox type.

Do you decide which car is better based on the FE only? then maruti 800 must be the car for you.

I am not saying invecs must sell more. What I am talking about here is comparing both the cars top to bottom. I find them pretty much in competition.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2006, 09:45   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
NOt true at all. most of the mitsubishi lancers are owned by the cream crowd in India.

Internationally I must say it is a different situation after the 2002 debacle.
Devarshi - i think u got that completely wrong....its not the class of owners but the class of the manufacturer which i was referring to....

mitsubishi might be good at rallies but when it comes to petrol engines, there is none who can beat a HONDA ...!!!

~A
adityapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2006, 10:14   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Devarshi - i think u got that completely wrong....its not the class of owners but the class of the manufacturer which i was referring to....

mitsubishi might be good at rallies but when it comes to petrol engines, there is none who can beat a HONDA ...!!!

~A

ahh ! laddat. I tot you talking about class of owners.

but still lancers engines are also touted to be the most refined of the lot.

I would rank a lancer invecs and nhc vtec equal.

Its a different story at the sales register which I certainly understand is due to the lancer being a pretty old model now.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2006, 01:29   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Honda City ZX brakes are not upto the mark, recently a ZX hit a Auto in city driving by braking and locking the wheels.
As long as the wheels are locking, the brakes are doin their job. It's those puny tyres, that need to be upgraded. I had the same prob with the S322s (on the OHC Vtec) but, with 195 GIIIs, wheel lockup is something i haven't experienced, for a long time.

You could call it "Mechanical ABS". Hehe

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 15th January 2006 at 21:14.
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2006, 10:59   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Autocar also uses a true speed measuring device which is very accurate. ODs figures are nonsense because the idsi top speed (using V box) is 170+kph. Even a child will tell you that a car with 23 more bhp and a negligible weight difference will definitely be faster..in fact much faster.
Yup, does make sense. The NHC Vtec with 23 bhp more should have been a lot faster than the 172kmph it managed. I feel the car is good for atleast 180-185kmph. OD needs to give it another go.

They probably didn't wanna push the car beyond 172kmph. Has anything been mentioned in the test review?

Maybe Revvmaster can help, sort out this confusion.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 15th January 2006 at 11:01.
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2006, 23:36   #111
Senior - BHPian

I love how stuff disappears around here. Forget Harry Potter, I think the real Invisibility Cloak is stashed somewhere here...
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2006, 23:51   #112
BHPian

Moderators why don't u move the 4 pages which was deleted from this thread to other one Tuned vtec and baleno. That 4 pages had some interesting stuff.........
cinclaturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2006, 23:57   #113
Senior - BHPian

Offtopic: V1p3r,Mclaren and cinclaturbo, u guys deserved it. This thread was going too far from its topic.But, i hope the mods have a copy of the few pages u discussed.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2006, 00:00   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Offtopic: V1p3r,Mclaren and cinclaturbo, u guys deserved it. This thread was going too far from its topic.But, i hope the mods have a copy of the few pages u discussed.
Nitrous, I'm sure, being a member of TBHP for a while, you will agree that when a thread appears to go off-topic, moderators put in a friendly warning rather than an arbitrary delete. Especially when they are present on the topic themselves.

I see that the original offtopic item, the Leela-tuned Vtec, was still being discussed. I don't think this is right.
Old 16th January 2006, 00:00   #115
Senior - BHPian

Guys guys chill, our moderators are wonderful people.
Here are the 4 pages..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post165047 (Tuned Vtecs and Balenos!!)
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2006, 00:11   #116
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Im guessing that u either have a short term lapse of memory or something bcoz it wasnt us who started it .. We were just trying to ask guys not to post wrong info here thats it .. Is that a crime here ??? Bcoz a few of u here are making it sound like one !!!!
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2006, 00:17   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Guys guys chill, our moderators are wonderful people.
Here are the 4 pages..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post165047 (Tuned Vtecs and Balenos!!)
A lot of our posts did not make it to those 4 pages. I wonder why...
Old 16th January 2006, 11:44   #118
Senior - BHPian

This months TG review of the VTec does not give it too many points. They have shot it down for bad high speed manners.
But then it probably doesn't matter for most buyers. Was admiring a well kept 2003ish OHC Vtec yesterday, following it rather, while it was being chauffer driven between 40 to 50kmph in an open road. Sacrilege, eh ?
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2006, 04:54   #119
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

i guess the nhc vtec hasnt been selling too well cos honda is offering a Rs.25000 discount on it.my dad had gone to book a nhc vtec and was informed that honda is offering a discount.wow a vtec engined car not being sold....tahts new.so after the discount it works out to Rs.7,75,000(exshowroom delhi) so all those people wanting to buyy the vtec...rush rush.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2006, 10:18   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
i guess the nhc vtec hasnt been selling too well cos honda is offering a Rs.25000 discount on it.my dad had gone to book a nhc vtec and was informed that honda is offering a discount.wow a vtec engined car not being sold....tahts new.so after the discount it works out to Rs.7,75,000(exshowroom delhi) so all those people wanting to buyy the vtec...rush rush.
Honda - Discounts !!!!
Thats really surprising - the company seems to be having a penchant for being very tight-pursed on the discount front on any of its models.
And isnt it too early to be offering a discount on a car which has just been launched 2 months ago - maybe they are really feeling the heat from Fiesta

BTW - is this dealer in Delhi or in Ghaziabad - because I think the ex-showroom price in there is around 7.77 L compared to 7.99 L in delhi. Quite a few of my friends went for this dealer solely because of this reason.
goldie_malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote