Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 23rd January 2006, 15:43   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
i guess the nhc vtec hasnt been selling too well cos honda is offering a Rs.25000 discount on it.my dad had gone to book a nhc vtec and was informed that honda is offering a discount.wow a vtec engined car not being sold....tahts new.so after the discount it works out to Rs.7,75,000(exshowroom delhi) so all those people wanting to buyy the vtec...rush rush.
Well, well, well.......what would all the folks who had sworn that Honda didn't ever give discounts and wouldn't ever need to now say, tsk, tsk.....!
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2006, 15:50   #122
BHPian

Ravi Malhotra do you any Idea what are the rates going on for the New Honda City Zx V-Tec!!
50paise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2006, 15:53   #123
BHPian

Last that i heard honda gave a discount was when they were phasing out the old shape accord to bring the new one out ! I guess in the car industry non can escape from giving discounts at one point of time or the other.
Beeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2006, 16:14   #124
BHPian

Whatever u say guys but i agree with goldie that HONDA NEW CITY Vtec ROCKS............ Honda Rules.............
Suyog_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2006, 16:18   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50paise
Ravi Malhotra do you any Idea what are the rates going on for the New Honda City Zx V-Tec!!

there's an add for the NHC Vtec by Arya Honda in Mumbai's edition of times drive..at an emi of 7999/- ...i enquired and found that the emi was on a 5 L loan for 7 years at 8.5 ROI.

~A
adityapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2006, 17:00   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50paise
I think the price OTR mumbai is around 9.3L

and i have no clue abt any discounts except finance - why not give your local Honda dealer a try - you might get lucky
goldie_malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2006, 17:41   #127
BHPian

Discounts were expected on the Vtec as it was a tad over priced. Soon you'll find discounts on the Fiesta as well. When the dealer starts calling, you know the pressure to sell is on. When I wanted to TD a Vtec from one dealer (about a month after launch), the salesperson gave an excuse that the TD cars were not registered..blah..blah. Since last week I have received a call twice. Ditto for the Fiesta. And with the Aveo launch around the corner, things would surely get more interesting.
Floyd de Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2006, 20:37   #128
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

the discount i mentioned was from a new delhi dealer.have confirmed it with the dealer,he says that people are not willing to spend 80k extra for a vtec and prefer buying an optra in that price range.and as a matter of fact i havent seen too many nhc vtecs here in noida or delhi.comparatively nhc zx are visible more often.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2006, 22:11   #129
Senior - BHPian

vtec here comes for around 9.5 laks indivisual. reg i bought and waiting from delivery for a CVT at the same price of 9.5 laks. btw ichibaan is so horrible with the entire procedure im so tired gettin my car from them. no discounts offered everywhere i went so dunno how others are getting it.
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2006, 22:09   #130

I would like to confirm that ACI Dec05 mentioned 10.66 as 0-100 timings for zx vtec. i have the overdrive jan copy and they have a couple of big errors . driver and passenger front and side air bags anyone ??? also couple of other smaller errors ; seating capacity of 4 ; boot 490l (shud be 500 right?) they state 11.35 as the 0-100 timings. i wonder if that can be trusted if they dont bother to even fine tune and remove the errors before printing the article.
vijay82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 03:31   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay82
I would like to confirm that ACI Dec05 mentioned 10.66 as 0-100 timings for zx vtec. i have the overdrive jan copy and they have a couple of big errors . driver and passenger front and side air bags anyone ??? also couple of other smaller errors ; seating capacity of 4 ; boot 490l (shud be 500 right?) they state 11.35 as the 0-100 timings. i wonder if that can be trusted if they dont bother to even fine tune and remove the errors before printing the article.

cedia sports is more handsome,bigger,faster,better equipped and handles better. the sfxi strikes back
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 03:38   #132
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

but the vtec is priced at 8lac (exshowroom delhi) whereas the cedia sports is priced at 9.87lac(exshowroom delhi).now with a discount on the vtec the price difference comes out to 2 lac.so they actually cant be compared if u take them from a cost point of view.am i right.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 03:54   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but the vtec is priced at 8lac (exshowroom delhi) whereas the cedia sports is priced at 9.87lac(exshowroom delhi).now with a discount on the vtec the price difference comes out to 2 lac.so they actually cant be compared if u take them from a cost point of view.am i right.
but then even the cedia will have a discount after a month or two. and cedia's has got kit and features,bigger engine,bigger size to justify the price.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 09:31   #134
BHPian

Quote:
the discount i mentioned was from a new delhi dealer.have confirmed it with the dealer,he says that people are not willing to spend 80k extra for a vtec and prefer buying an optra in that price range.and as a matter of fact i havent seen too many nhc vtecs here in noida or delhi.comparatively nhc zx are visible more often.
Thats very true - even I was hooked onto buying an Optra 1.6 - that was till I got to know about the new VTEC option for the City.

After that, it was simple - guess I am a sucker for the VTEC's high revvvvvvvzz
Old 27th January 2006, 09:34   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
but then even the cedia will have a discount after a month or two. and cedia's has got kit and features,bigger engine,bigger size to justify the price.
Then it will go the Elantra way, i think.