Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 15th October 2010, 23:38   #16
BHPian

@sachinj12, Thanks a lot!

@Klub Class, Thank You. Will surely wear my seat-belts. Am getting my friends digicam tomorrow for clicking some pics. My digicam went bad yesterday. Planning to click some interiors and some exteriors from good angles.

@nowwhat?, Thanks. Same-Pinch I love the reflective surface of this silver. Cleaning is pretty easy too.. I have started looking on ebay for the Jopasu duster. Will order it very soon.

@CANPUSH, @theragingbull, Thanks a lot. Picture are what am posting next.

@anubhavarya, Thanks a lot dude. We are all here to learn and you don't need an experience to Welcome somebody Welcome to Team-Bhp.

@Driver2000, Thanks. You are right. Its around 4-5 months that i was without a car and my wife and daughter struggled a lot. Specially, when you are used to a car, you find it difficult when you don't have one. Now, we feel like we have attained 'Stardom' overnight! Every other person on the road turns back for a second look. And we feel great about that! Our Polo is the first in our Apartment and in my Office too..

I will post my experience with the car and pictures soon.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th October 2010 at 07:41.
alexkrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2010, 00:53   #17
BHPian

congrats alex,
lovely looking car and a nice choice of color too,
wish you a long and happy ownership experience.
waiting for more pics
superboy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2010, 01:06   #18
BHPian

Thanks a lot superboy44.

Before posting my experiences with my Polo, i thought i would share this pic that i took near my office.

This picture shows Polo and Honda City ( the one before the current model ) parked side-by-side. I was actually impressed that the Polo, being a small car, is almost equal in length to a Honda-City Check out this pic.

Last edited by alexkrish : 16th October 2010 at 01:08.
Old 16th October 2010, 11:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkrish View Post
This picture shows Polo and Honda City ( the one before the current model ) parked side-by-side. I was actually impressed that the Polo, being a small car, is almost equal in length to a Honda-City Check out this pic.
Exactly. Even my Polo is always parked beside a Honda City in my building. And I was surprised to find the length of both the cars almost equal. So is Polo the longest hatch in it's class?
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2010, 12:15   #20
BHPian

Thumbs up Congratulations

Congratulations, Alex for owning the hottest hatch in the country.. Great color choice. Car looks Awesome.
I am astonished to see it to be as long as Honda City ! I always thought Punto to be the longest !
please post some pics of the interiors,
The leg space at the back should be very good
How do you feel the power of the vehicle, in Banjara Hills?
How do you feel driving over the monster speed breakers of Hyderabad?
7.0L OTR, is very good deal too.

Last edited by drkritik : 16th October 2010 at 12:16.
drkritik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2010, 16:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkritik View Post
7.0L OTR, is very good deal too.
If you call that a very good deal, lemme tell you I got my Polo HL for 6.3L in Bombay
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2010, 16:54   #22
BHPian

I got my TDi Highline for that price, how can it be such a big difference between states.
anubhavarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2010, 20:35   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
My (and a couple of others) experience with Orion Motors, Hyderabad was pretty bad. As you enjoy more miles with her, put up more details.Enjoy your car and drive safe.
+1 to that. MY experience was not good either. Just today, I met a gentleman who had a very bitter experience with them.
mohandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2010, 23:39   #24
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
If you call that a very good deal, lemme tell you I got my Polo HL for 6.3L in Bombay
Bombay, Goa & Delhi Buyers are Lucky People.

I was quoted 7.12L for the same.
Old 17th October 2010, 00:49   #25
BHPian

Thanks drkritik for your wishes. Yes, the leg space at the rear is manageable for a family of 2+1. Rear seats are seldom occupied and mostly used by my little daughter. Polo manages the monster speed breakers really well. The shocks are fantastic and absorbs most of the pot-holes on the road. The engine being a 1.2 3-pot is a little sluggish on the second gear, but the real power shows up in the 3rd gear.

Your deal of 7.12L was with or without accessories ? Its true that in some northern states ( Delhi/NCR/Gurgaon and others, the price is around 6.3L )

@mohandas, Sorry that you had a bad experience at the hyderabad dealer.

@anubhavarya, the price difference is due to the high road/sales tax in different states.
Old 18th October 2010, 10:01   #26
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkrish View Post
Your deal of 7.12L was with or without accessories ? Its true that in some northern states ( Delhi/NCR/Gurgaon and others, the price is around 6.3L )
I believe it was with Accessories, I wasn't very serious about buying it, I had made up my mind on i20 by that time. I think, My price quoted was without any discounts.

The tax is Quite less in Delhi, Punjab, Goa etc. Punjab it is 2% as against 12% in AP !! That could make huge difference OTR prices. Tax is probably related to the size of the state (smaller the state , lesser the Tax), as the number of roads they need to maintain will be less. (Just my assumption no hard facts)
Border areas of Karnataka & Maharashtra (where I grew up) Buy cars from Goa ! it is nearly 50k cheaper for some cars.

It is nice to hear that POLO Manages the speed breakers very well.
Post some interior pics too.
Wish you many Happy Miles..

Last edited by drkritik : 18th October 2010 at 10:07.
Old 19th October 2010, 12:22   #27
BHPian

Default Some pictures of my Polo

Guys, as promised, here are some pics i shot this morning.

Overall interior view with the seats matching the two-tone dashboard.

Audio System

The Speedo/Tacho/MID

The display on the MID

Keys [duplicate keys also has remote]

The side-walls of the center-console is very useful for the legs to rest on. Whenever, my legs needs some rest, I rest them on the side-wall. I missed this in my WagonR. Should be very useful on a long-drive.

The back profile view

Front View

Finally the Boot
Old 19th October 2010, 22:28   #28
BHPian

Great the interiors are outstanding too.
I liked the red glow in the MID.
What about the seat covers?
Old 20th October 2010, 09:58   #29
BHPian

Thanks drkritik, Even i like the glow on the MID and on all the other switches during night. I will post those pics soon. Didn't get a change to shoot them at night. The seat covers are fit nicely and looks and feels good. I don't have to save them from my daughter anymore

Last edited by alexkrish : 20th October 2010 at 10:10.
Old 1st December 2010, 17:17   #30
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

Congratulations Alex! Very nice color. My favorite one.

Drive safe.
Chethan B G is offline   Reply With Quote