Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th October 2010, 10:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default The Small & Tall cutie. My new Honda Jazz.

So here it is. A new Jap just entered our garage. I always had a thing for Japanese engines since our City and Civic, and the Jazz never did disappoint in that area. I really don't have much to say about the car per se as there are numerous threads on the Jazz ownership on the forum (and I support them all) but I'll be happy to involve myself on the discussions carried out on this particular thread. Finally, I would like to thank all the Jazz owners on Team-Bhp through whom I sought help,and a special thanks to Devarshi84 for his extended involvement in my purchase. Here are a few pictures. Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
The Small & Tall cutie. My new Honda Jazz.-img_4211.jpg  

The Small & Tall cutie. My new Honda Jazz.-img_4212.jpg  

The Small & Tall cutie. My new Honda Jazz.-img_4213.jpg  

The Small & Tall cutie. My new Honda Jazz.-img_4214.jpg  

The Small & Tall cutie. My new Honda Jazz.-img_4215.jpg  

9thsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 10:32   #2
BHPian

hey man,
let me be the first to congratulate you on getting the jazz.
looks great, wish you a trouble free ownership.
superboy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 10:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey 9thsphinx congrats on your latest acquisition dude!!

Jazz in White really looks very elegant.

You have done the Best part first (attaching the pics). A detailed review (guess you hate this part) would still be really appreciated.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 18th October 2010 at 10:46.
Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 11:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

congrats!

One more Jazz owner on this forum and that too white! IMO, white looks the best in Jazz along with the new Rally Red.
Finally, it's raining jazz on T-BHP.
Plz post more detailed review of your beauty!
I see that you have already fitted alloys, fogs and sun film. Did you get all the stuff from the dealer? Any other stuff planned? What about a spoiler to make your car look even more Jazzy?

Enjoy your car and drive safe!

Last edited by adimicra : 18th October 2010 at 11:13.
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 11:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

hey,

i just PM'd you asking about the Jazz thread

Congrats dude. So finally the long confusion was settled over Jazz. So whats the final deal and the OTR you got from the dealer?

awaiting more info.

cheers
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 11:36   #6
BHPian

Congrats Dude! The White looks Supreme!
amitk2kin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 11:54   #7
BHPian

Congrats 9thsphinx, she (Honda Jazz) is a quite a looker, white definetly does the magic here, any initial feedback on the city dirvability, i am told she is extremely easy to live with bumper to bumper city traffic.
Motoringlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 12:53   #8
BHPian

Jazz got the most exciting interiors in its class IMHO. Congratulations for it. Tell us more about your purchase experience, any discount etc?
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 13:01   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats the new white Jazzy Car. Dark tints for the white jazz is a must. It will be some looker for sure.

By the way do update on the purchase experience and discounts, if any.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Jazz
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 23:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

Thank you guys. All of you and the forum itself has helped me made this decision and I truly value it. I read about the Jazz and went through pretty much all the Jazz ownership threads before coming to this decision, and I am so glad I made the right choice. As I mentioned before, I have already been a happy Honda customer and even with the Jazz's price tag, I was sure Honda's little MPV had something to offer for the price that others couldn't. I would term it as Refinement. Driving around in the Jazz makes me smile. Everytime. The engine is so very fine-tuned and smooth, I can only think of Silk. Sure, it lacks torque in the 2nd gear and probably the 3rd too. But Honda's refined engine compensates for it all. It is by far the perfect little city car anyone can probably dream of. The gear's are butter smooth, clutch feels like heaven and the steering is well, yes, Playstation-like. The A/C is a chiller. One of the best I have experienced in a small car. Comfort is top notch and I do not have any issues with the driver's backrest, nor with my fist hitting any of the control knobs on the dash. The passenger seats on the back are pretty comfortable too. Haven't yet tried out the MaGiC they have to offer, but more on that later.

My wife likes the Jazz for its cuteness, my family for its practicality. I love it for what it is. Its a small car, something that I always wanted for my city's growing traffic woe's, yet its the king in its segment. I understand and can justify the price tag only because this little Honda is very much like its elder cousins. Every trait has a certain Japanese touch, feel and sound to it.

I opted for the Select Edtion (includes Honda Alloys and Rear Parcel Tray) + Mode pack (Body Side moulding, Corner and Door protectors, Side step garnish front(illuminated) and back, Chrome garnish on vents and speedo) + Fog Lamps along with the usual Mud Flaps, Mattings, Ganesh idol, Perfume and 3M Coat + Re-coat coupon.
Dealer was Emerald Honda and they did a fantastic job of providing me the best services they had to offer. OTR was approx 7.65L including all discounts.

As of today, I miss and wish Jazz had foldable ORVM's, front seat armrest and the auto lock function at certain speeds.

On the list of accessories, next in line is the Rear spoiler and Tints - Any recommendations for temp's going upto 47C during peak summer seasons?

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 18th October 2010 at 23:46. Reason: OTR price typo error.
Old 19th October 2010, 01:53   #11
BHPian

Congratulations on getting one of the best small cars in india. It is indeed a very good choice to navigate the city traffic.

what is the final price on road?
gshanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 08:51   #12
BHPian

Congratulations…. 7.65 OTR seems to be good bet. Last Thursday I visited Olymbia Honda, Chennai. They have quoted me a price of 8.02 lacs for Jazz Select mode including the discount. I have not bargained for any other discounts as I have a dilemma on new Car. Sales person told me that he will give me all the accessories for free.

Have a great time with your new Car...

Last edited by ashok_lat : 19th October 2010 at 09:07.
ashok_lat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 09:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
hey,

i just PM'd you asking about the Jazz thread

Congrats dude. So finally the long confusion was settled over Jazz. So whats the final deal and the OTR you got from the dealer?

awaiting more info.

cheers
Thanks Harshal. Appreciate your inputs and recommendations for helping me choose one amongst so many. I'd recommend if you are thinking of going in for a small car, the Jazz is what you should be seriously considering! Its all worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Congratulations…. 7.65 OTR seems to be good bet. Last Thursday I visited Olymbia Honda, Chennai. They have quoted me a price of 8.02 lacs for Jazz Select mode including the discount. I have not bargained for any other discounts as I have a dilemma on new Car. Sales person told me that he will give me all the accessories for free.

Have a great time with your new Car...
OTR Prices depend upon a lot of factors including the State you're based in, RTO. Taxes, Insurance etc. 8.02L seems to be a good price and probably worth the price if the accessories you are talking about includes the Select + Active pack + the usual freebies. Give it a thought... You can't go wrong with the Jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
congrats!

One more Jazz owner on this forum and that too white! IMO, white looks the best in Jazz along with the new Rally Red.
Finally, it's raining jazz on T-BHP.
Plz post more detailed review of your beauty!
I see that you have already fitted alloys, fogs and sun film. Did you get all the stuff from the dealer? Any other stuff planned? What about a spoiler to make your car look even more Jazzy?

Enjoy your car and drive safe!
Hey adimicra,

Thanks.

I opted for the Select pack which includes the alloys + rear parcel tray. Fogs were a separate accessory, I bargained for it and added it to my Mode Package.

Its funny now that you told me and I look at the pictures I've posted, it looks as if I do have the sun-film on. Actually there is no sun-film. I am looking for options. Any recommendations?

Spoiler is coming up soon...

Last edited by GTO : 27th October 2010 at 09:51. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 19th October 2010, 09:58   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on an excellent choice. After getting my Civic in June I realised why Honda's are an addiction. Until you are into it they look hyper expensive. Once you get one it is Nirvana!
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 10:47   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Hey adimicra,

Thanks.

I opted for the Select pack which includes the alloys + rear parcel tray. Fogs were a separate accessory, I bargained for it and added it to my Mode Package.

Its funny now that you told me and I look at the pictures I've posted, it looks as if I do have the sun-film on. Actually there is no sun-film. I am looking for options. Any recommendations?

Spoiler is coming up soon...
sun films is a mist for Jazz given the huge glass area.
I had my issues with fitting sun films, details I have written in my thread.

I think for the windscreen, 3M CR 70 is the best choice, costs around 5.3K here.
For the sides and rear, can go for 3M CS 35 (or CS 20, if you can fool the cops ), will look damn good in the white Jazz and provide good heat rejection .

But, most importantly, look for a good installer. If possible, see some previous jobs done by the installer before giving your car to him. Believe me, lots of installers screw up the sun film installation and you end up having lots of bubbles here and there.

Seems like you Ahmedabad dealer is good, I wanted the interior silver garnishes but it was said to be not available.

Cheers.
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote