Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd November 2010, 13:50   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmitr13 View Post
32) One annoying experience: The AC blower is not perfect to my likeness.
Another one:

33) I once found few droplets out of a small joint just above the driver side seat belt pretensioner. I think the central roof ac causes some condensation and upon accumulation the water drips from the sides. Hope it doesn't cause any rustings from the inside.

This reminds me, by brother-in-law was sold an anti-rusting package by his maruti dealer. He got his Ritz coated and he told me that they removed the door panels.

I will post pics from next time onwards, a pic is more than 1000 words.
sgmitr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2010, 14:26   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Luke, have seen your photos, did you sign-up for such outdoors? Should hook-up.
Beg your pardon, did not quite get what you meant here, as far as meeting up, anytime is a good time.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 17:40   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Beg your pardon, did not quite get what you meant here, as far as meeting up, anytime is a good time.
Sorry! I meant OTR. Hope I could venture next time
Old 8th November 2010, 19:18   #49
BHPian

sgmitr, cross posting to ensure I caught your attention.

You mentioned in my thread that the center rear view mirror is NOT anti-glare. Mine is. Please verify with another Safari.

Also, before you put bumpers, read about Crumple Zone in TBHP and then put.
druva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 19:42   #50
Team-BHP Support

Center rear view mirror is anti glare in the safari. Infact, its anti glare in many indica versions also.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 22:36   #51
BHPian

@Druva, TSK

I doubt if mine is antiglare (like that in Page 63 in user manual), at least it is not as I have seen in Palio. Is it always anti-glare or automatic?
In Palio, there's a small tab at its bottom, a gentle push will change the angle to make it anti-glare.

As for the Bumpers, I will not use the steel ones, I prefer the fibre based which will NOT pass the load to the chasis. Oh boy! I have first hand experience with a bent chasis upon fitting a steel bumper on a Zen.
Check this one:
..::It's Hiker World, Nudge Guards, Roof Carriers, Side Foot Steps, Rear Bumpers, Rear View Monitor System, Bumper Guards::..
It is not for a Safari, but I would look for something close to that.

One other nice feature is head lamp ON reminder, but the beep is common for other warnings (seat belt, door ajar) as well.

Last edited by sgmitr13 : 8th November 2010 at 22:53.
Old 9th November 2010, 10:25   #52
BHPian

Quote:
@Druva, TSK

I doubt if mine is antiglare (like that in Page 63 in user manual), at least it is not as I have seen in Palio. Is it always anti-glare or automatic?
In Palio, there's a small tab at its bottom, a gentle push will change the angle to make it anti-glare.

It is automatic. Cant you see a visible difference between RVM and ORVM at night?

Quote:

I don't know yet how to add captions for each photo
There is nothing like captions. Only photos between text. You have to upload the pictures and then again click the upload icon to insert inbetween text.
druva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2010, 11:01   #53
Team-BHP Support

The trick to avoid chasis damage is actually in the mounting.
There are two ways to mount the guard
1. You mount it under the bumper on the chasis, via a "U" bracket thingy.
2. You mount it thorough the bumper on the rod located around 1 inch behind the pastic.
That way you just lose an inch of crumple zone, instead of transferring the entire shock to the chasis.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2010, 18:54   #54
BHPian

Default ABS/Braking tested OK

Rain just paused, roads that are now left over are navigated by all kinds of autos and along negotiates 3 holy cows.

I just crossed a junction, soon at 50ish speed, an auto in the front easily twitched between 2 cows, which I didn't notice. Apparently our stray cattles have poor road presence.

With a second or 2 left, panic braked thinking of damages to the poor animal, after a third of braking distance kut kut kut .... ABS kicked in and the Bull teased at a safe 3 feets distance. Thankfully none on my rears, or else I would be reporting some rear damages. Sigh!
Old 15th November 2010, 17:01   #55
BHPian

Made an excuse, canceled my Train tickets and hit the road covering 900 kms - 2 days. Achieved a mileage of only 12.5 on highways with both front and roof ACs. This time, I was cruising around 100 kmph most of the time, perhaps that could be the reason for low mileage (but who cares.)

This 2 tonner really hurls down on the slope, next time I should remember to apply break in advance unlike the late breaking I do in Palio, shame that I made the Thopur speed bumps a bit hard for the family.

Until the AC blower is fixed, it is going to be difficult to take the Big Bull on a night drive. The air leaking near the windshield vents is a huge obstacle, the condensation on the outside obscures the visibility and it slowly grows up.

Rear door handle not working, had to use the key to unlock.

Roof AC condensation is a bother. Water droplets could be noticed this time too, and only on the right side and I hope it doesn't cause rusting.

Got 2 votes from wife and father, they had to cover some distance in Innova. And both agreed that Innova's 2nd row leg room space is not as comfortable as Safari. Great! Tell me more :-)

Last edited by sgmitr13 : 15th November 2010 at 17:02.
Old 16th November 2010, 06:49   #56
BHPian

Few bubbles on all 6 side window's sun films, 3M guys agreed to replace it.
Bubbles are of 2mm sizes and can be noticed when looked closely. The guy who came to investigate told me that Safari has woolen beading and due to that the dust keeps accumulating however hard they clean it. To that I asked him to reason why the last glass (fixed) also has the issue, and he then agreed it was a labor issue and replace all.
Old 15th December 2010, 19:28   #57
BHPian

Default (: Expert Volunteer for ICE installation :)

Anyone ready to volunteer with me to fit my newly obtained HU and Reverse Camera?
I will buy a large size Pizza (from PH) :-)

My friend brought these from the US. Reverse Camera is XO Vision and HU is DP305BT (nameless). HU has 3" built-in LCD, Bluetooth, SD card slot, USB and front AV IN ports. Only Frys in the US sells this HU!!!

I have no clue about it and thought of taking it to KHT or Concorde to fit, this Saturday.

Last edited by sgmitr13 : 15th December 2010 at 19:29. Reason: title changed
Old 15th December 2010, 19:42   #58
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: At last it happened on the 18th Oct - Tata Safari GX 4x4 PW

Nice buy, Pictures. But, Is'nt your version a VX, because I have only seen GX with two-tone body colours? Please through light on the fact.
mercedised is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 19:53   #59
BHPian

Default Re: At last it happened on the 18th Oct - Tata Safari GX 4x4 PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
But, Is'nt your version a VX, because I have only seen GX with two-tone body colours? Please through light on the fact.
Mine is GX and it always comes with both Single and Dual colors.
Old 6th January 2011, 09:20   #60
BHPian

Default 2nd service done @ ODO 6400

Took my car on a 4 day long trip covering 1800 kms, so had to schedule the 2nd service after the trip (5-Jan) at KHT Motors again.

List of complaints:
1) Front passenger side squeaks (when occupied)
2) Rear door rattle (suggested for retrofit from from Grande as suggested in another thread)
4) AC knob still not in the marked position and air leak near the windshields causing mist formation during night.
5) Roof AC, water drips from B pillar joints
6) Wobbles at speed over 120 kmph.
7) Power loss at either 2nd or 3rd gear near 1500 RPM (yeah, I too noticed).
8) Belt squeaks during morning cold start.

Guys did standard 2nd free service & checks, and attended all the issues.
They will not do any retrofits and suggested me to take it to Concorde or to other outsiders.

From the invoice, listed below are distinctive works:
(1) Fuel Filters cartridge renew (cleaned sedimentetry filter)
(2) sheet metal welding / repair (seat bolt tightened)
(3) alternator belt renew
(4) remove and install centre console

Total cost Rs.165 + 150 for pickup/drop + driver tip (total Rs.400)

I need some advice. During our road trips, the car takes quite a lot of bug hits and kind of glued allover in the front. The car wash can clean only a bit but still the stains remain. Looks very ugly on the whites. KHT suggested me to get polished to remove those stains.

Question is (1) what easier DIY method to remove these
(2) How to avoid? Any precoats or bug deflector help?

Thanks! And HNY to all.