| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|9th May 2011, 19:25||#61|
Join Date: Nov 2004
Thanked: 34 Times
Re: At last it happened on the 18th Oct - Tata Safari GX 4x4 PW
Not so good start today. A stone flew from a low ground, hit the hood and the front glass. The hood has 2 sharp dents without paint, and the glass took an etch. No cracks though. Guess the stone came from a indicab in the front. :-(
Just a week earlier the left ORVM (just the mirror alone) dropped crashing as a result of a very low intensity hit. What surprises me is that, the ORVM wasn't stressed at all, it was hit outside such that the mirror folds in the usual way, and that can cause the mirror to fall? The whole replacement unit would cost Rs.4000 from TATA, but I was told that JC road has replacement mirror for as low as Rs.300. Any one knew of this? Apparently the mirrow won't be a heated one. The unit's electrical motor works, just that I need the mirror.
Bangalore roads are more and more chaotic, an overambitious biker tried to overtake me from the left most (shoulder) area and has left his trade mark straight line just below the fuel lid. And found a biker at a traffic junction supporting his leg on my wheel cap, guess that's how I lost the rear left once!
In Tirumala, while I was backing to a parking spot, a guy just pushed off his carrier tri-cycle straight in to my path that left a scar on the rear wheel cover, completely oblivious to my action.
KHT service center guy, while removing the central console (AC section) with a screw driver, peeled off a section of the plastic coating. This strongly bonded sheet gives the glossy wooden finish.
I am very frustrated.
BTW, sent my car for an inspection before a long drive. Shown below are the long list of complaints and resolution:
1) While driving, Hazard Lamps (all blinkers) comes ON all of a sudden. Door was not ajar, this was happening only ONE day and for every few kms.
>> NOT ATTENDED, UNABLE TO REPRODUCE THE ERROR.
2) Vehicle stalls (loss of POWER) in 2nd or 3rd gear while revving from 1.3K RPM onwards.
>> KIND OF FIXED (for the 2nd time).
3) FRONT Passenger Seat - Extreme squeaking, unbearable noise.
>> FOUND MISSING BOLTS AT COUPLE OF PLACES NEAR FRONT BOTTOM METAL COVER. Surprising the the noise from here can be heard inside the cabin.
4) DRIVER SIDE DOOR
a. Door Ajar warning
b. No roof lamp
c. No courtesy head-light
>> FAULTY DRIVER SIDE DOOR SWITCH WAS REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY
5) Gear knob is slippery, can it be changed to full leather like in Fiat Palio?
>> STILL SEARCHING, NEED TO GET IT FROM ACCESSORY SHOP.
6) Gear knob screw is poking and causing injury to the driver. It also ripped the leather cover.
>> REPLACED WITH THE PLASTIC STRAP, BUT IT WAS POORLY TRIMMED THAT IT STILL POKES. NEED TO CLIP WITH A NAIL CUTTER.
7) Rear AC vent not working (knee side, not the roof)
>> THE SPIN WHEEL WAS FOUND DISENGAGED FROM ITS SLOT.
8) Rear jump seat cover stitch has come off. Not sure how this can be caused.
>> NO ACTIONS YET. THE SEAT COVER WAS SEWED SO CLOSE TO THE EDGE TO GIVE AWAY?
9) Front - Right side fog lamp is broken and blown. Need replacement.
>> COULD BE A MISSLE FROM THE VEHICLES IN THE FRONT. PERHAPS IN BELLARY.
10) Rear Door is still not perfect, you can see the paint is gone near the hinge area.
>> THE POOR DOOR ALIGNMENT MEANS THERE IS TOO MUCH STRESS ON THE LOWER HINGE LEAVING THE PAINT TO SCRAPE.
|9th May 2011, 19:37||#62|
Join Date: Nov 2004
Thanked: 34 Times
1) Rear wheel cover screws were not fastened enough
2) Lost wheel cap, costed Rs.270 a piece to replace
Last edited by sgmitr13 : 9th May 2011 at 19:40.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|What is planned, never happened. What ever happened, was not planned.||mjothi||Travelogues||23||10th January 2011 11:00|
|Kaas on 18th Oct?||MX6||Route / Travel Queries||0||16th October 2009 14:27|
|An Effort to Revolutionize the Track Day Scene. (Oct 18th)||shock||Indian Motorsport||33||15th October 2009 11:14|
|I will be in Jaipur EDIT: 11th Oct to 22nd Oct 2009.. Like to meet TBHPians there.||dushmish||The Team-BHP Meet Section||8||8th October 2009 10:49|
|Bangalore Vahan Yatra 2005 from 7th Oct to 16th Oct||protege||Shifting gears||10||21st September 2005 02:00|