Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th October 2010, 16:52   #16
BHPian

Congrats buddy and welcome to the Punto club. U bought one awesome machine. Happy mile crunching.
arunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2010, 20:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk2009 View Post
Budget :6.5 L can stretch to 7+ if not satisfied with what is available below 6.5L.

So total cost was 5.76L. Dealer was refused to give any other accessories like Mudflaps, floor mats , perfume etc. So I was ready to pay for it.
Congrats vsk. I was wondering why you didn't go for Emotion Pack when you had the budget?
HammerHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2010, 17:36   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
I was wondering why you didn't go for Emotion Pack when you had the budget?
Thanks! I hardly use mobile phone while driving so Blue and me was not very essential and also auto AC. If I go for emotion then I have the freedom of going for a high quality leather seat, tyre(Mechelin), and better looking alloys(after 20K) . Otherwise these extra additions will shoots up my budget. ABS is one thing which I don't want to compromise and Emotion has it
vsk2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2010, 23:02   #19
BHPian

I have done some extra fittings. Fitted Stanley(Genuine leather) black seat cover. The work has been done at ďImpulse carĒ at vasco Da Gamma (Goa) for 22K(1K discount). The red beauty looks more sporty in black leather. The finish is impressive. They have given me floor mats and neck rest free. Also fitted a leather steering wheel cover (Rs 800).
Attached Thumbnails
My  Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion in Red has arrived :Initial ownership & review-dsc01486.jpg  

My  Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion in Red has arrived :Initial ownership & review-dsc01484.jpg  

My  Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion in Red has arrived :Initial ownership & review-dsc01485.jpg  

Old 6th November 2010, 00:05   #20
BHPian

Default Some remarks on FE

I have done 450 kms till now . The ride is exceptionally brilliant. I have not crossed 3K rpm limit till now. I cannot tell honestly about the performance now since for the true performance of the car one need to cross 3k. But the power is adequate and the engine is very smooth 1500-3000 rpm. My daily use is very less(For home -office trip I have to switch of the machine before temperature reaches the normal level~1km). Recently had a 100 km trip in a highway during in a medium traffic with 100% ac on with 4 people . I got an average FE figure of 16.1 Km/L with a top speed <75 km/h. For the same kind of drive (speed =<80km/h)the figure that I am getting in my 6 years alto is 17 Km/L. Not bad. But the difference is that in my Alto there is no rpm meter and instant mileage indicator. So I was ignorant about itís drinking habits. The instant mileage display in Punto is very useful. I was very careful in avoiding all possible over expense of fuel. On a plane open highway the FE can improve(not got an opportunity till now). even though I have not exceeded 3k rpm can feel that the car is getting ready to move in to itís sporty character. Still in a learning process of understanding the characteristics of the engine and will give more updates later.
Old 6th November 2010, 09:25   #21
BHPian

Your seats are looking great. You will see a huge difference in FE, if you do 70 to 90 kmph om 5th Gear, for about 50 kms, if not more it will reach 19 kmpl minimum. Recently I did a 440km return trip where I was driving at avg 110kmph, with 70% AC on, and I got 18.4kmpl. My odo has just crossed 1600kms, so hopefull about better FE after 1st Service which is at 3K.
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2010, 10:58   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

The black leather seats looks great.

The steering wheel cover somehow looks out of place. Probably its too lose.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2010, 15:28   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Your seats are looking great. You will see a huge difference in FE, if you do 70 to 90 kmph om 5th Gear, for about 50 kms, if not more it will reach 19 kmpl minimum. Recently I did a 440km return trip where I was driving at avg 110kmph, with 70% AC on, and I got 18.4kmpl.
Thanks Asdon. You are absolutely right. Now days I drive with IC menu and observed that if costantly moves with a relaxed foot around 70km/h we can get a 20+ km/L. Multijet will be more fun because of the torque. I found 1.4 is sluggish if one try to speed up at 55 -60 kn.h around 1.5-1.8 rpm in 5th gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The black leather seats looks great.

The steering wheel cover somehow looks out of place. Probably its too lose.
It is not loose. The cover is not joining properly because the Punto's steering is not uniform and it is bulky on both left and right ens.The steering wheel coming in E Pack are perfectly fitted. But I don't think they sell it as accessaries.
Old 6th November 2010, 15:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

The leather seats that you've installed in your car looks awesome. And, if I were in your place, then I would have removed that steering wheel cover.

Amith
Klub Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 17:55   #25
BHPian

Today I had a chance to test Punto's capabilities. Covered 110 kms with two adult and one child, in which 60% highway and 40% Ghat roads with 100% Ac. I got an average of 15.9 Km/L with top speed between 70-80 km/L on highway.

In Ghat section Punto was performed exceptionally well. Cornering was a bliss as reported in many reviews. None of any of the cars in its class(or above) will give the confifence that you get in Punto.

It's initial pick up is not as great that you expect from a 90 Bhp engine but once it cross 70 fun starts.
Old 7th November 2010, 21:20   #26

Congrats! The red colour really suits the Punto and it is one of the best cars in its class today.
pareyshaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 21:57   #27
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the car. Those seatcovers look nice, but please remove the leather steering cover. It must be really thick now, and the Punto steering is great as stock.

Also you can safely take her upto 4000rpm no sweat. Even if you occasionally cross that it wont cause any harm.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 22:14   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareyshaan View Post
Congrats! The red colour really suits the Punto and it is one of the best cars in its class today.
Thanks. I had driven today in a rough roads and my three year son could able to sleep in the back seat!. Thanks to Punto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Congrats on the car. Those seatcovers look nice, but please remove the leather steering cover. It must be really thick now, and the Punto steering is great as stock.
Also you can safely take her upto 4000rpm no sweat. Even if you occasionally cross that it wont cause any harm.
Thanks. I also feel that steering feel was better without steering cover. The fitting is also not proper. The dealer had assured that he will get a better one.
Old 10th November 2010, 23:09   #29
BHPian

Some times while turning the ignition key to 'MAR' position I am getting a message " Excess radiator , Fluid temp high, Turn off " . If I keep the engine on it goes. But I always turn off the engine and restart. When I asked the showroom service person they told since it is not comming while running no need to worry.
Another thing I have observed is that while taking the vehicle i the morning, in low speed before it reaches the normal temperature, the vehicle suddenly jerks(try to leap ahead) and rpm suddenly shoots up. During this time(fraction of a second) the Injection system failure light comes and then goes. This is not happening always.

Does anybody had experienced similar problems? Is it knocking or any problem to caatalyser ? I am using normal Petrol. Do I have to report it to the dealer ship?
Old 11th November 2010, 10:01   #30
BHPian

vsk2009, In my 13 months of ownership, it has never happened in my car. I guess you need to take it to the workshop and fix it. There is some issue which needs to be addressed soon. Dont take any chances on this one.

Hopefully it is just a minor fault
gopikb is offline   Reply With Quote