Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th July 2011, 01:51   #76
Default Re: My City warrior! Figo TDCI with a custom heads-up-display

Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
More Elegant and permanent solution: I've hacked my OBD scanner (USB) to work from the 12V ACC line instead of the direct 12v line (always ON) available on the OBD port. This way the OBD scanner is ON only when the key is turned to ACC/ON position.
Can You post the hack you did ? If possible pictures too.
whitelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 12:10   #77
Default Re: My City warrior! Figo TDCI with a custom heads-up-display

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures since this was done many years back...

Its an easy job if your OBD Scanner connects to the OBD port via an OBD cable. Even otherwise it is easy but you'll have to open up the scanner or isolate the wire at the vehicle connector (not recommended)

Look for 12V line on the OBD connector/cable. Cut the corresponding line and connect the end of the wire going to the scanner to the ACC line of the car. Its as simple as that.
Digital Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote