Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2011, 21:09   #16
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 33
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: New i10 asta with kappa2 on its way

Dear Sawyer,

How is the headlight.? Headlight is not good in previous version of i10 Kappa 1.2. What is your experience ?

krish
krish-iitm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 21:20   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,501
Thanked: 1,269 Times
Default Re: New i10 asta with kappa2 on its way

No issues - the car is used in Pune city. I am not sure how it would fare on the highway, never tried it out. The i 20 that is used for intercity does not have the best headlights either, but for my speeds, they are just about ok.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 07:14   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,501
Thanked: 1,269 Times
Default Re: New i10 asta with kappa2 on its way

One issue with the i10 - last week, for no reason I can figure out, an unwashed socks smell when the AC is turned on! One visit to the service station told me that there isn't an AC filter that could be the reason, and the car is to go back for a wash and clean that ought to fix this.

But on a 4 months old car, this is a first for me...any one else has had the same experience with their car? If so, did you find out the reason for it?
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 07:09   #19
BHPian
 
bharat4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 555
Thanked: 303 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer
One issue with the i10 - last week, for no reason I can figure out, an unwashed socks smell when the AC is turned on! One visit to the service station told me that there isn't an AC filter that could be the reason, and the car is to go back for a wash and clean that ought to fix this.

But on a 4 months old car, this is a first for me...any one else has had the same experience with their car? If so, did you find out the reason for it?
Yeah even I've got that stupid smell. I don't know the reason. My car is due for it's second service this month. Will find out then.
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 10:43   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 243
Thanked: 74 Times
Default Re: New i10 asta with kappa2 on its way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
One issue with the i10 - last week, for no reason I can figure out, an unwashed socks smell when the AC is turned on! One visit to the service station told me that there isn't an AC filter that could be the reason, and the car is to go back for a wash and clean that ought to fix this.

But on a 4 months old car, this is a first for me...any one else has had the same experience with their car? If so, did you find out the reason for it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Yeah even I've got that stupid smell. I don't know the reason. My car is due for it's second service this month. Will find out then.
This is probably due to fungus/mold build up. When you stop the A/c, the water condensed inside remains and mold forms.

Try running the A/c on fan only for a while before stopping it completely, in order for the water to dry out. If the smell is not there the next time, then condensation indeed is the issue.
vivriti is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 10:53   #21
BHPian
 
bharat4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 555
Thanked: 303 Times
Default Re: New i10 asta with kappa2 on its way

Thanks mate, will try it out today and update.
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 11:43   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 262
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: New i10 asta with kappa2 on its way

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Thanks mate, will try it out today and update.
Bharat and Sawyer,
By the way, what is the mileage that you are getting in-city Bangalore and Pune respectively.

Bharat,
What is the OTR price that you paid?

Cheers,
Anup
anup7649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 11:50   #23
BHPian
 
bharat4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 555
Thanked: 303 Times
Default Re: New i10 asta with kappa2 on its way

I bought a i10 Kappa2 sportz... Paid 5.70 on road.

Currently i am getting 12.5 to 13 kmph in city. My travel is mostly in koramangala and outer ring road. All the time AC on.... Give me feedback as to whether this is good, or needs to be improved.
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 14:25   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 262
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: New i10 asta with kappa2 on its way

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
I bought a i10 Kappa2 sportz... Paid 5.70 on road.

Currently i am getting 12.5 to 13 kmph in city. My travel is mostly in koramangala and outer ring road. All the time AC on.... Give me feedback as to whether this is good, or needs to be improved.

I guess the mileage seems to be fine. As I see most of them getting 10-11 kmpl in city.

Didn't know that sportz costs 5.7
anup7649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 14:49   #25
BHPian
 
bharat4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 555
Thanked: 303 Times
Default Re: New i10 asta with kappa2 on its way

it is man, sometimes i wish i'd bought the i20 magna, at a similar price...
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2011, 02:19   #26
BHPian
 
misquitas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Panjim
Posts: 859
Thanked: 272 Times
Default Re: New i10 asta with kappa2 on its way

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
I bought a i10 Kappa2 sportz... Paid 5.70 on road.

Currently i am getting 12.5 to 13 kmph in city. My travel is mostly in koramangala and outer ring road. All the time AC on.... Give me feedback as to whether this is good, or needs to be improved.
Rs 5.7 lakh? That's over Rs 1 lakh I paid for my I10 Magna here in Goa in Dec 2010. The on road price here came to about Rs 4.5 lakh. On road for Sportz was Rs 4.92 lakh, but it could have dropped depending on your capabilities at arm twisting the sales execs.
misquitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 20:46   #27
BHPian
 
bharat4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 555
Thanked: 303 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivriti

This is probably due to fungus/mold build up. When you stop the A/c, the water condensed inside remains and mold forms.

Try running the A/c on fan only for a while before stopping it completely, in order for the water to dry out. If the smell is not there the next time, then condensation indeed is the issue.
Tried it and it works!!! Thanks man. But is this a problem? Or is it the way it works?
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011 i10 Asta A/T - its Korean, its new, its fast, its red, and its coming. nirupesh Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 1 8th January 2011 10:45
My new gen Hyundai i10 Kappa2 GTX007 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 5 28th December 2010 14:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:21.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks