Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th December 2010, 18:25   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Got Home Fiat Punto MJD Bosso Nova White Emotion Pack:Punto MJD needs RUNIN-Expla

Today i was in a bit of hurry, so i started the engine having engaged the First Gear, Without knowingly i accelarated in Idle with first gear engaged. Took my car to office half distance through and i notice the engine sound was more and it wa roaring with A/C on. quite not sure what happened and why this notice came. happened to Stop in a long wait signal, so switched off the engine. After i start the engine notice there is no sound and its back to normal... Weird!!! so i figured it with couple of engine starts. Seems the engine has the rythem to which its working. according to the normal working and handling and accelating it worked perfoectly when there is a sudden raise before the engine warm up or if any new driver or the chauffeur takes the new engine it behaves as a New car and not as a old car to what we got accusted!!!. Guys your opinion please
magnanimousdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 16:46   #77
BHPian

Default re: Fiat Punto MJD Boso Nova White : 8000km Update

Guys,

Now my Pet Punto(not pete's) has crossed 2k Kms in ODO. I am using my car for daily commute to office, from day 1 in Punto i am having knee and ankle pain (in both legs) with the sitting conditions. Mine is Emotion Pack so i tried to use the Liver for the hight adjustments and all other stuff to make myself convenient but still it pains. I am 5' 7.5'' tall with atheletic features. With very low seating conditions or high i am able to clearly view the road and drive, I tried everything. Mainly in the Long travels my right leg pains (thanks FIAT and GOD, Punto have Dead Pedals). The exact location of pain is Under the Lower thigh just before the knee and calf muscles and ankles (my knee is very much lifted from the seat according to the seating conditions) I am planning to Keep some soft Thin pillows in driver seat so that my hip and knee are in straigh line.

Guys, anyone faced this kind of issues? what can i do for this?? HELP!!
Old 13th December 2010, 16:57   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnanimousdude View Post
Guys, anyone faced this kind of issues? what can i do for this?? HELP!!
Initially I faced some issues similar to yours, mine is Active so can't move tthe seat up but I have adjusted the distance and inclination and after that no problem faced. Interestingly I am also 5'7.5", I will take some snaps of my car's seat position and post here, hope it might help you.

Edit: I have crossed 4300 kms, so I think the current position is helping me.

Last edited by asdon : 13th December 2010 at 16:59.
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 17:10   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Magnamoniousdude,

Yes after there is a driver change, the car behaves differently and after sometime...it comes back to normal.
I have a 1.2 emotion and no seat height adjuster...I'm 5'7" and no pain issues faced...feel that the factory position is the best.
hemanth.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 17:36   #80
BHPian

Updating the Pictures, please see my seating positions, all these pictures were taken with the Full Seat height, So if i lower the seat height, it becomes more worse and feels more pain under the Thigh/Knee and ankles with calf muscles cramping. See the picture and any help would be greatly appreciated

Edit: If i move the seats backwards to find some convenient posistion i feel i am too back from the steering (Switch reachablity issues comes) and people in the rear seats are complaining about the leg room and space
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Punto MJD Boso Nova White : 8000km Update-13122010131.jpg  

Fiat Punto MJD Boso Nova White : 8000km Update-13122010132.jpg  

Fiat Punto MJD Boso Nova White : 8000km Update-13122010134.jpg  

Fiat Punto MJD Boso Nova White : 8000km Update-13122010139.jpg  

Last edited by magnanimousdude : 13th December 2010 at 17:40.
Old 17th December 2010, 21:43   #81
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Punto MJD Boso Nova White : Ownership Report: RC Book Error

After 40+ days i got my RC Copy and yet to get my Original Insurance letter. When i Checked the RC paper with my lense, I found In Chaise Number had a mistake Instead of 8A5, the mistyping was 845 and in Engine Number Instead of 010 the mistyped was O10 i dont know where to go and hit myself (Its really hard for those people to do their work properly). I have to go tomorrow and give my RC paper again to the VST motors for the correction. I have seen a lot of people in our forum have this issue when they get the RC book, the Myth continues and still it will continue. I dont know how many days its going to take for them to do the correction and give it.

Those printed typing were very small letters in the RC, i wonder now how do they do the correction. If they change it the Next letter in the Chaise number might get damaged, in turn it again needs rectification. Can anyone share how will they do the rectification?
Old 18th December 2010, 18:27   #82
BHPian

New problems...

I am Planning for a travel to my family deity place, so I went to the service station to TOP up my engine OIL/Brake OIL/Powersteering OIL etc where i met the the SA and asked for the top UP, no problem what so ever they did it with grace. I reported that there is a small sound when i engage the clutch, they checked it and said it is clutch slave cylinder problem, they said it needs replacement and it would be under warranty . They did it with patience in an hour time. Really Very good service from Tata Fiat!! the Service Engineers were patient, inspite of having several deliveries and check in's. MAN let me tell you in that one hour time i noticed serveral cars check in and check out but for me they did it. even the receptionist was kind to intimate me "Sir your car will be due for the 1st service in another 800km so please call me in advance to get the appoinment" it was pleasing for me. For this top Up i didnt get any appointment eventhough they did it. My full Points and credits to FIAT and TATA.
Old 19th December 2010, 21:45   #83
BHPian

Nice to hear good stories about the A.S.S .

About lack of thigh support from the seats, I too found the same in my test drives of the Punto and Linea; and even at the furthermost that I could go, there was no difference. You might have to add some additional padding for some support
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2010, 19:16   #84
BHPian

The ODO Shows 3126km, first service done @ VST Motors, Chennai. From November 5th I have been using this white beast. I had some series of issues from the day one which I was accumulating for the first service, here they are

While going over 110+ on highways and if I cross a bad patched potholes, rather s small hump the back 2 doors opens and the lights starts glowing (this issue I found in my recent long trip)
Hissing noise from the fuel pressure valve
plastics misalignment
beading issues
some clutch noise

Gist of my Long Trip:
I went to see my family deity which is 20km from thanjavur, took the route of Chennai-trichy-kallanai-tirukattupalli-destination (Varagur). The trip was awesome, I really felt very safe inside the car, comfortable,handling,FE has been discussed till its deaths so I am not going to touch that. I found the weird issue of door opening @ high speeds over some bad patched big potholes. I find myself very tired after the journey, legs were paining like anything but my family felt very comfortable and they were very brisk (people may have different thoughts about it, but this is my personal opinion). Rest everything went on smooth.

@ Service Station VST, Chennai,

After trying for 2 days I got an appointment and I went to handover my car for the first service @ 9:30 AM, just they took 5 mins to get SA person to attend me. I explained all the issues and he noted it down politely, explained how I noticed the issues as well, asked him when can I get my vehicle back, I told was told that “Sir please contact me @5pm I will let you know”, sounds great for me so I left the place. Called the SA @ 5 and these were the conversations between us (This is not exactly what SA told the meaning is the same and content is same, but I sued my own English to explain it to you)

Me: Hi, this is balaji, the White Punto guy who gave the car this morning
SA: Sir, Tell me sir
Me: Boss, you have to tell me, what is my car status and when can you give me the car?
SA: Sir, we checked the car, now we are checking the beading issue
Me: (Sounds Great), Cool so what was the problem for the Door, latch issue?
SA: Sir, engineer will be checking that shortly and I will confirm you the same.
Me: OK, no problem, so what about the Hissing Noise, what was the issue?
SA: Sir we are checking it
Me: Plastic Misalignment and clutch noise, is it Greased?
SA: WE have to check it sir
Me: Common, so you have just started with the beading issue?
SA: yes sir
Me: when are you proposed to give me the car?
SA: tomorrow afternoon Sir
Me: (Pissed off), Boss this is not acceptable, you get the car by appointment, you have the engineer to perform, I have given the car in proper time, so what had stopped you to start checking the issue, I gave it @ 9:30am, if you start the work @ 10 AM, I am sure you would have had enough time till 5pm to atleast check 3 issues and deliver my car by 7pm, since you people are doing it by appointment. So give me the reason.

SA: (Silence)…. Sir I will surely give it by tomorrow
Me: Give me you GM number? Otherwise I want the car by tomorrow morning sharp 10AM as I have some personal work
SA: Sir, I will try to finish the car by today and will deliver the car by tomorrow morning

Next day morning @ Service station, found the car up 10 feet high, got angry like anything, shouted and finally he gave the car, I am not sure what they have rectified, but the Door latches seems to be fine closing with good sound. ( SA said the Door opening issue might have caused because of the lose socket in door electrical, not sure what the hell electricals gonna do with the door latches, Weird!!!)

One good thing: Saw a sticker of “GOT BHP” in a white Punto on 30th December
Fine, now that I got the car, its running good, will have go high as 120kmph to find the door issue, hissing sound seems to be reduced, Plastic misalignment no change same thing, Clutch issue rectified.

I am not sure how to comment VST service work, but mine is

Service: ****
Response: ***
Work: ***

Total Cost : 0.00

Wishing you all “Happy New Year 2011”

Last edited by magnanimousdude : 31st December 2010 at 19:22.
Old 31st December 2010, 21:25   #85
BHPian

Hey MDude, I own a Punto too and it is nearing 35k mark. My car has been super reliable so far, so reading some of your issues makes me feel that you have been a bit unlucky with your baby so far. But I can assure you once you patiently resolve your issues, this baby can bring loads of happiness in each and every km you drive. Just don't get too paranoid about your baby. PM me in case you need any details.

Happy New Year to You!!

Last edited by CliffHanger : 31st December 2010 at 21:26.
CliffHanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 16:50   #86
BHPian

Another bad news, left side rear door power windows isn't working after the door check up in first service :(, they said there was some lose socket fitting in the electrical part of the door but seriously i thought they had fixed issue, now emerges new issues
Old 2nd January 2011, 23:18   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnanimousdude View Post
Another bad news, left side rear door power windows isn't working after the door check up in first service :(, they said there was some lose socket fitting in the electrical part of the door but seriously i thought they had fixed issue, now emerges new issues
Oooppss, this is only thing because of which many people tend to stay away from fiat , even though we know FIAT car's are simply awesome.Come on FIAT , this is high time you get your act together, you cant keep on doing these kind of stuff,
How come a new ride is getting these kind of issues

Anyways, hope you get your ride fixed ASAP, and start enjoying it back again .

Cheers

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd January 2011 at 07:32.
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 12:44   #88
BHPian

Great ownership report magnanimousdude. I am sorry to hear the problems you faced till now. Are you still feeling the left shift on your steering while driving? If not then how it rectified?

And Happy New Year too you

Thanks,
Sudhakar
sudhi_des is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 15:43   #89
BHPian

@sudhi_des,

Nope not any more i am facing that issue!. actually i escalated this issue along with other issues to Fiat Regional Sale manager, Tamil Nadu. He said he will talk to the concerned people to get it resolved. How long i can wait for the wheel alignment issue and whobbling issue so i did the balacing and alignment in LALs Chennai , FIAT took a lot time for them to get the issue to the VST service station actually i resolved the whobbling issue way long time ago before fait called me to have a check!!! FIAT isn't relaising that "How long i can keep the wheel whobbling until they call??? what if it is a serious issue". When i had the issue i called the local VST Service station about the check and they said Openly
"if at all you bring the car we can't check it sir as we have a lot of cars pending for the service, moreover you will have to park the car outside only"

I am facing many niggles now, after the service new problem emerges

1. Left side Rear Door power windows Isn't working - Which worked before the service
2. I now get few rattling noise, from the front left door inches and near the front right latches
3. Plastic misalignment not treated well in first service.

More worries

FIAT is a good car and good brand, service is now becomming bad.
Old 3rd January 2011, 17:22   #90
BHPian

Hello,
I read your first service report. I left my Punto MJD for 3000 km servicing at VST Mount Road on 28th Dec 2010. I had like 5 issues and 3 were solved out of em.

These guys are running out of time. Appoinments are a mere formality. I doubt whether there are seperate engineers in every TATA Service station for FIAT cars like they have in the showroom. If yes FIAT needs to increase them. As far as i saw there were FIAT cars in the entry of the repair workhouse and TATA's on the far side. Space may also be a problem.

I too had the wobbling issue after speeds over 120 kmph. I did wheel alignment outside and VST guys interchanged the wheels for me. I have touched 140 kmph
and it is fine as of now.
Rubbertramps is offline   Reply With Quote