Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 7th November 2010, 19:26   #1

Default VW Jetta Comfortline 2.0L TDi ! Finally got it.

I have been regularly visiting this great forum for more than one year now and became / was accepted as a T-BHP member 3 weeks back. I have owned a Maruti 800 for atleast 10 yrs, then a Palio for 4 years before I got a Ford Fiesta 1-6 in 2006. I must say that all of these cars were real driving friendly vehicles. No way thinking about mileage. No " Kitna detha hai? " for me. Just loved driving. Somehow got interested in the Volkswagen ( heard that it was a drivers car, unlike many vehicles in that segment. ) and first TD the Jetta in 2008. Didn't like the interiors at all at that time and the top end Comfort line only came in Automatic. Waited for almost 2yrs and saw the new 2.0 L version Comfortline manual version which was launched in April this year. was waiting for some offers to be announced and finally in mid September, saw an ad, Free insurance! Just jumped with joy. I felt it was the right time to go ahead with the purchase. Immediately called VW in Calicut. They brought the Comfortline model for a TD. The sales executive was very systematic. After the greetings he made me find a comfortable seating position and made sure that I had the seat belt on securely. Felt almost like a test pilot on a new Jet fighter. Was really excited and ready to take off!. Ignition on and I was ready to fly. Literally. One of the best cars I have driven. I want to know how many people agree. Test drove almost 50kms, the sales guy wanted me to keep going further. ( Must have sensed my excitement, almost sure that he had got a genuine catch ) Loved everything about the car. Everything that I thought it would be. After the TD the sales guy brought out the booking form to sign, assured that I had decided this would be my next car. But I was undecided about the colour. To choose between silver and black. So I didn't make my booking that day. wanted another week to decide since I had changed my color choice when I bought my Fiesta.
Old 7th November 2010, 20:52   #2

Default black it is

after a few days of confusion decided to go for black, my eternal favorite. ( some day dream of buying a black Merc S class ) . I know how hard it is to maintain the black paint since I have a black Fiesta with a ton of scratches including some love notes. I dont know why on earth people do this. Maybe free mobile advertisement.
So finally went to the dealer to make a booking. There was a brand new sparkling white Vento car at the entrance. More dilemma. Why not a Vento? A VW at half the price of Jetta. but one look at the interiors ( the majority of the time spent around the car is inside right? ) including the red MFD helped me in finally signing on the dotted line and booked the Jetta. and also felt that the Vento was not that much of an upgrade from my Fiesta.
Was promised delivery within 1 week to 10 days... and now the wait for my dream car....
Old 7th November 2010, 20:58   #3
BHPian

So what colour is your Jetta? Congratulations on acquiring a real beauty. I too liked the Jetta when I test drove it. Enjoy it and do post your experience as you clock kms with it.
Old 7th November 2010, 21:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car. Please post a detailed review and pics too.

Drive safe
Old 7th November 2010, 21:16   #5

Default Thankyou

@msd63 thankyou. black it is. especially loved the beige interiors. didn't like the all black interiors on the Reflex Silver version.. How is your Vento doing? IMO the Vento with a little upgrade of the interiors like leather seats and better lighting will be unbeatable in its segment
Quote:
Originally Posted by msd63 View Post
So what colour is your Jetta? Congratulations on acquiring a real beauty. I too liked the Jetta when I test drove it. Enjoy it and do post your experience as you clock kms with it.
Old 7th November 2010, 21:24   #6

Thankyou sachinj12 ! It took me two years to buy the Jetta finally, but I assure you I will post a detailed review with pics much quicker. watch this space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Congrats on the car. Please post a detailed review and pics too.

Drive safe
Old 7th November 2010, 21:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

Fished for discounts ? As there is an updated model just over the horizon. Push hard & thou shalt be rewarded.

cheers
Old 7th November 2010, 21:46   #8

Too late. I have already brought it home. Got free insurance and extended warranty for two years. Think that is okay. The new version might take upto an year to be launched in India IMO, since it is just released in the US and not yet reached Europe. Thanks Ricky anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Fished for discounts ? As there is an updated model just over the horizon. Push hard & thou shalt be rewarded.
Old 7th November 2010, 21:53   #9
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the car! Please note that for the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.).

This thread is temporarily closed. Please PM me or report this post once you are ready to update with a complete driving report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.
Closed Thread