Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2013, 18:42   #61
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,367
Thanked: 13,338 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Tires upgraded to Bridgestone turanza er 60. Have been waiting for about a month to get these. Ran only about 20 kms till now, so too early to comment. First impression are that they fill the wheel arches nicely, secondly road noise is very less compared to jk tornadoes
Ah! Finally the the needed ans awaited upgrade. Congratulations. How much per tyre?

Why didn't you upsize to 185/65 R15?

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2013, 19:38   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,314
Thanked: 431 Times
Default

Thank you. Anurag. I paid 4450 per tire a total of 17800. Additional 540 as service charges, weights, balancing and alignment. Found a bottle of rain-x original there, so picked it up as well.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2013, 19:50   #63
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,367
Thanked: 13,338 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Thank you. Anurag. I paid 4450 per tire a total of 17800. Additional 540 as service charges, weights, balancing and alignment. Found a bottle of rain-x original there, so picked it up as well.
Still on steel wheels or alloys?

Why didn't you upsize to 15 inch wheels?

What's Rain-x and is purpose?

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2013, 20:27   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,314
Thanked: 431 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Still on steel wheels or alloys?

Why didn't you upsize to 15 inch wheels?

What's Rain-x and is purpose?

Anurag.
Yep. Still on steel wheels. The choice was between alloys or map my India GPS. So picked up mmi vx140 premium. Also have ordered a car cam which looks out the dashboard. Happy with steel wheels as of now. In next two months am planning to get few scratches and dents fixed, so will install a new set of oem wheel caps along with it. Also in the pipeline is 3M nomad floor mats.


Rain-x original is something which you apply on the glass and the water stops sticking to it while in the rains. Helps visibility during rains. Snapdeal.com has them on sale and lot of videos on you tube for rain-x.
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2013, 23:36   #65
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,367
Thanked: 13,338 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post

Yep. Still on steel wheels.

Snapdeal.com has them on sale
Please share pics of the car after the shoe change.

Thanks for the link. Just ordered the Rain-X.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2013, 23:08   #66
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,314
Thanked: 431 Times
Default Re: After a long wait - The Ritz VDi

Yesterday, on the way home.

After a long wait - The Ritz VDi-1373105_10151913490608373_977777178_o.jpg <br />
By the way, a/c cooling coil had a leak. I will only blame stupid maruti ASS for it. Got it replaced, refrigerant top up and got a cabin air-filter in place as well.</div>   <div style=
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2013, 04:41   #67
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,367
Thanked: 13,338 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Yesterday, on the way home.

By the way, a/c cooling coil had a leak. I will only blame stupid maruti ASS for it. Got it replaced, refrigerant top up and got a cabin air-filter in place as well.
How much did they charge you for the cabin air filter? Did you see the old filter before replacement?

I was charged Rs 350 for it.

How is overall working and feel of the AC now after this issue?

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2014, 00:50   #68
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,314
Thanked: 431 Times
Default Re: After a long wait - The Ritz VDi

Update: 25-Jan-2014. kms - 74500

Ritz went for its regular periodic service. There were no complaints, just regular oil change, filter change (all) air / oil / in-cabin, brake servicing, EGR cleaning, air conditioner cleaning, suspension mounds replaced, lower arms serviced, engine bay was filthy, got it cleaned and finally a wash and wax. The car is now great and as usual quieter right after the service. Need to get the car aligned and balanced as I had asked MASS not to do it. Turanza ER 60 is holding brilliantly, and the upgraded bulbs are working fine as well.

This time, i did see the in cabin filter and it was very dirty. It looked like a air filter after about 3000 kms. A/c performance had degraded but the filter kept the muck out. There were some earlier muck from prior to installation of the in cabin filter and it was promptly removed by MASS. The ac is back to show room condition and I am turning off the AC faster than I was doing prior to the new filter and system cleaning.
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2014, 00:55   #69
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,367
Thanked: 13,338 Times
Default Re: After a long wait - The Ritz VDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Update: 25-Jan-2014. kms - 74500

Ritz went for its regular periodic service. There were no complaints, just regular oil change, filter change (all) air / oil / in-cabin, brake servicing, EGR cleaning, air conditioner cleaning, suspension mounds replaced, lower arms serviced, engine bay was filthy, got it cleaned and finally a wash and wax. The car is now great and as usual quieter right after the service. Need to get the car aligned and balanced as I had asked MASS not to do it. Turanza ER 60 is holding brilliantly, and the upgraded bulbs are working fine as well.

This time, i did see the in cabin filter and it was very dirty. It looked like a air filter after about 3000 kms. A/c performance had degraded but the filter kept the muck out. There were some earlier muck from prior to installation of the in cabin filter and it was promptly removed by MASS. The ac is back to show room condition and I am turning off the AC faster than I was doing prior to the new filter and system cleaning.
Good to see an update from you buddy and good that the Ritz is dong well.

Can you please add the break-up of the bill for this service.

As I see the car has done 75K, Isn't the service at 80K kms? Is the time (month I mean) coming earlier than the kilometers clocked?

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2014, 04:06   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,314
Thanked: 431 Times
Default Re: After a long wait - The Ritz VDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Good to see an update from you buddy and good that the Ritz is dong well.

Can you please add the break-up of the bill for this service.

As I see the car has done 75K, Isn't the service at 80K kms? Is the time (month I mean) coming earlier than the kilometers clocked?

Anurag.
I would add the break up soon. I had previously serviced at 58k (for 60k) and was super busy to do the 70k service, hence got it done now.

Yes, I think i am slowing down. Only 16k clocked in the last 8 months, including an outstation trip of about 1300 kms. Realization that my life is getting mundane. :( Few good friends also moved out of station for better job, so the weekend crunching also went down. I will be true, and off late I have been taking the train too often. The 3rd AC sleeper ensure that I reach my home during the weekends fresh getting the preference over the usual TVM- Cochin runs. So, now during the weekends, I drive the hyundai i10 automatic that my sis bought about 4 months back.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2014, 01:10   #71
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,314
Thanked: 431 Times
Default Re: After a long wait - The Ritz VDi

Update : 85457 KMs service.

I had issues with worn out brake pads in the front and had requested to get them changed. All filters / all oils changed / topped up. They refused to fill up full synthetic oil and used MGDO which is semi synthetic. I was fine with it, so I asked them to go with semi synthetic. body polish was free, and they requested for interior cleaning, I asked them to go ahead as i was planning to do it from outside and this saves time for me. The cleaning was quite ok, and they managed to get almost all of the dust from the inside of the car.

breakup of the bill below:

After a long wait - The Ritz VDi-20140702-01_07_14nitro-pro-9.png <br /> <img src=
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2014, 05:05   #72
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 197
Thanked: 171 Times
Default

You have been charged twice for stabilizer ball joint replacement. Air filter change is included in paid labor yet you have been charged separately for it. Suspension arm, Coil pad R&R ? What is service kit ? I think it includes air filter, oil filter and maybe engine oil too ? Go through the bill again. 13k is way too much for the jobs carried out.

Last edited by interc00led : 2nd July 2014 at 05:06.
interc00led is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2014, 08:11   #73
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,367
Thanked: 13,338 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I had issues with worn out brake pads in the front and had requested to get them changed. All filters / all oils changed / topped up.

breakup of the bill below
Go to MASS and get the bill sorted out and clear out the questions raised by interc00led. Why have they charged you labour separately for the air filter when it comes in the Paid service charges? Why double billing for the ball joint?

Do update the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by interc00led View Post
Go through the bill again. 13k is way too much for the jobs carried out.
Good catch buddy. Service kit includes ALL filters (engine oil + air filter + fuel filter) only and not engine oil.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2014, 18:14   #74
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,314
Thanked: 431 Times
Default Re: After a long wait - The Ritz VDi

thanks @interc00led , I will check with them.

AIR CLEANER ELEMENT would be in the in cabin air filter that is optional. I had asked them to change that.
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2014, 18:51   #75
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,367
Thanked: 13,338 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
thanks @interc00led , I will check with them.

AIR CLEANER ELEMENT would be in the in cabin air filter that is optional. I had asked them to change that.
No buddy. Air cleaner element means the main air filter. Cabin air filter is denied as a different part name and number.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Member Suresh (RiShiE) after a long wait. rishie Introduce yourself 5 15th March 2010 16:44
I am here now after a long wait. NullRock Introduce yourself 4 1st October 2009 16:38
Finally! After a long and agonizing wait! Hello everyone! suhaas307 Introduce yourself 4 8th September 2009 00:40
After a long wait it is here... Driven 250km in a day hbkamit Long-Term Ownership Reviews 1 17th September 2007 16:43


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks