Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th January 2012, 11:26   #166
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

Was a limited launch only edition for India, believe me it was too expensive for regular sales,

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Do they still have this variant? I don't mind checking it out for "sports seats" option.
S350L-E240 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2012, 12:05   #167
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: First Drive: BMW X1 xDrive 20D (PPP)

Does anybody know more about the ad (which appeared 2-3 days back) which was claiming that you can own an X1 for just 15000 Rs/month through some scheme? I thought this may involve more then 60% of the cost as down-payment.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 23:24   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Does anybody know more about the ad (which appeared 2-3 days back) which was claiming that you can own an X1 for just 15000 Rs/month through some scheme? I thought this may involve more then 60% of the cost as down-payment.
That option is not worth it until and unless you have money in bank but dont want to offer bulk payments, as this involves paying a certain bulk amount at the end of every 12 installments.
rajeshchand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2012, 16:13   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This would be a Bullet Payment scheme where in once a year (or more) a large amount will have to be repaid.
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2012, 16:59   #170
Senior - BHPian

One needs to pay some 15999 per month for 11 months and on the 12th month a bullet payment of Rs 1.2 lacs or something of the kind.
This also argues a pretty substantial down payment - somewhere close to 40-50% of the car's on road value.
It is definitely a worthwhile scheme if you have sufficient resources to place a big down payment and if you are able to meet the bullet payment criteria.
Typically this kind of program is used by Company owners, Consultants or Business people who would prefer to rotate their cashflows rather than have larger EMI's each month. They would also typically have enough liquidity to pay off the bullet payment each year. On top of this, they can claim depreciation and gain that way too.
It can also be done by someone earning large-ish bucks in the Corporate Sector because he/ she will have easily enough liquidity to manage that bullet payment at the end of the year.
Id say if you have enough liquidity then go for it because it is overall a good scheme.
Alternatively you can talk to some of the smaller banks who may be able to help in a similar way with a lower rate of interest and NO Prepayment Penalty, should you choose to pre-pay larger amounts than the actual EMI's every now and then!

Quote:
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2012, 18:17   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand View Post
That option is not worth it until and unless you have money in bank but dont want to offer bulk payments, as this involves paying a certain bulk amount at the end of every 12 installments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
This would be a Bullet Payment scheme where in once a year (or more) a large amount will have to be repaid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
One needs to pay some 15999 per month for 11 months and on the 12th month a bullet payment of Rs 1.2 lacs or something of the kind.
Thanks for the replies. This topic has also been discussed in depth in another dedicated thread.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 00:20   #172
lsp
BHPian

Default Bmw X1 Art Xpressions

https://apps.facebook.com/bmwartxpressions

A fun filled app from BMW on FB. CustomiZe a BMW X1 using the tools and stand to win a grand prize.

Quote:
Prize: There are two (2) prizes available to be won. Each prize consists of a Three (3) nights, Four (4) days trip for two (2) (i.e. winner along with companion of his choice) to Munich, Germany. The prize includes: two (2) return economy flights ticket to Munich, Germany from the commercial international airport in India nearest to the prize winner’s residence (the “Departure Point”), three (3) nights of accommodation on a twin-sharing basis to be arranged at BMW India’s discretion, transfers to and from the Munich airport, a tour of the world class Welt facility, a visit to the BMW Museum, and an exclusive BMW Plant Tour.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
It's actually quite easy
First Drive: BMW X1 xDrive 20D (PPP)-1.png

First Drive: BMW X1 xDrive 20D (PPP)-2.png

First Drive: BMW X1 xDrive 20D (PPP)-3.png

First Drive: BMW X1 xDrive 20D (PPP)-4.png

First Drive: BMW X1 xDrive 20D (PPP)-5.png

First Drive: BMW X1 xDrive 20D (PPP)-6.png

First Drive: BMW X1 xDrive 20D (PPP)-7.png

HOWZZZZAT??
Name:  8.png
Views: 872
Size:  125.8 KB

Last edited by lsp : 24th May 2012 at 00:22.
lsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 23:26   #173
BHPian

Default Bmw X1?

Three years since Basanti redux came home - It's been a fun ride with her so far
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...hlight=basanti (Basanti Redux (SX4 ZXi) comes home!)

However, been craving for something more interesting to drive and all the recent hoopla over the Audi Q3 made me sit up and look.. With most car comparison sites showing a ex showroom prices of ~26.5 L, it seemed like something definitely worth a try

Unfortunately, it's a very misleading price tag and after speaking to the local Audi dealer (who BTW seemed to be rather indifferent to a customer query) , realized that the net OTR prices in Pune currently comes close to 42L :-|

So just for the heck of it, called the BMW showroom in the afternoon and asked for a TD of the X1.. The level of responsiveness from the Beemer guys was diametrically opposite and the sales guy arrived at my office at 5 with the TD car...

To cut a long story short, I returned from the TD grinning from ear to ear and pretty much convinced that I should bite the bullet...

but before I do that, any Dos/Don't or alternates that I should look at and compare with?

Usage profile: 75% city, 25% highway... OK to somewhat bad roads most of the time
Single guy so boot space is not a constraint ...
One thing I love about the SX4 is the high GC so am not too keen on very low slung cars.. Even though the slightly raised stance is a bit of an issue on tight curves but am more than OK to offset it against the everyday benefits I get from a high GC car

Last edited by abhi182 : 3rd September 2012 at 23:45.
abhi182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2012, 00:02   #174
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Bmw X1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
but before I do that, any Dos/Don't or alternates that I should look at and compare with?

Usage profile: 75% city, 25% highway... OK to somewhat bad roads most of the time
Single guy so boot space is not a constraint ...
I feel I understand your situation. I had taken a TD on the LR FL-2, the Q3 and the X5 very recently and for a day I felt like "What the heck, you live only once, go ahead and take the plunge for the FL-2."

But upon slow analysis, I felt that that it would be too big a step, financially.
In your case, I feel it is not the finances that are a concern but the fun factor Vs practicality.

I do not like the X1. Period. IMO it is a very "Built to a cost" BMW and people buy it mainly for the brand value, the BSI program which makes it easy to own and some amount of performance.

On the downside, it is bumpy, looks horrible (personal opinion) and is a neither here nor there car (crossovers are supposed to be "here AND there" cars).

I would recommend you slightly increase your budget for a new Ultimat3, or the Q3 or the FL-2 (my fav) and then take a call.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2012, 00:10   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So just for the heck of it, called the BMW showroom in the afternoon and asked for a TD of the X1.. The level of responsiveness from the Beemer guys was diametrically opposite and the sales guy arrived at my office at 5 with the TD car...

To cut a long story short, I returned from the TD grinning from ear to ear and pretty much convinced that I should bite the bullet...

Right person to PM would be suman who would have been in the same frame of mind as you are, before getting it and has bought it.

P.S. Have you still kept your car PC or dumped it with the Corsa ?
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2012, 00:19   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

What discount are you getting on the X1? It should be a good amount at this point if you want to take the plunge as a facelift is due soon, I would wait for that if I were you.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2012, 00:22   #177
BHPian

Quote:
P.S. Have you still kept your car PC or dumped it with the Corsa ?
still have the corsa, still have the car PC
The effort however makes no sense this day, this age .. considering a super cheap android tab does pretty much the same and more

Quote:
What discount are you getting on the X1? It should be a good amount at this point if you want to take the plunge as a facelift is due soon, I would wait for that if I were you.
close to 4, so unless the impending facelift is just a facelift, worthwhile i guess

Quote:
I would recommend you slightly increase your budget for a new Ultimat3, or the Q3 or the FL-2 (my fav) and then take a call.
pissed off at the audi guys for their Atti, if the sales guys are such , wonder how their A.S.S will be..

Quote:
In your case, I feel it is not the finances that are a concern but the fun factor Vs practicality.
Its kinda in between.. I understand that market dynamics dictate that premium cars in India will be priced above more mature markets, but I don't want to pay a massive premium just because of that.. which is why a car like say a CR-V would never be on my radar

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th September 2012 at 23:59. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
abhi182 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2012, 09:02   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
close to 4, so unless the impending facelift is just a facelift, worthwhile i guess
From what I have read around, they have addressed quite a bit of criticism related to quality, and have also updated the gearbox into the 8-speed one. If the discounts are not so huge, I will recommend going for the facelifted one.
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2012, 11:19   #179
Senior - BHPian

And the "facelift" comes with the X-drive if I'm not mistaken - in which case, the price would go up as well. See if you can squeeze them for more discounts on the existing one.

I can kinda identify with that grinning from ear to ear feeling after the TD
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2012, 20:01   #180
BHPian

^^ Haggled like a man possessed :-P
Now the deed is Done
The color I wanted (the deep blue one) was available in their Goa warehouse so that adds 2 days to the delivery.. Should get it by Saturday (fingers crossed ) :-D
abhi182 is offline   Reply With Quote