Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th November 2010, 10:31   #1

Post New Chill FIGO Titanium

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on Team-BHP. It feels great to finally become a part of this wonderful community. I am an IT professional based out of Pune and has been visiting this forum for over an year now. I must compliment all the fellow tbhp’ians and the administrators to have created such a wealth of unbiased information.

I hope I can contribute to this community in a positive way as well.

Which Car

I currently own a 98 Esteem and wanted to replace it with a new car. I was initially keen on getting a Sedan, but then due to some other priorities, I decided to go for a hatchback.

Buying criteria was
  • Budget between 5-6Lakh
  • Had to be Diesel
  • Boot Space (this is the first thing my wife checked when I showed her the car in the showroom)
  • Overall good VFM
I had been a regular reader of this forum and based on the reviews and ownership reports, Figo seemed to be the perfect match for what I was looking. I didn’t want to get confused and decided to Test Drive only the Figo. If it was not to my liking, I would look at other hatches.

Test Drive and Dealership Experience at Talera Ford Pune

I visited the showroom on a Sunday without any prior appointment as it was very near to my residence - only to find out that it is closed on Sundays. However, the security guard informed me that – some of the staff will be coming later. I waited for 15 mins and slowly the staff started arriving. I was attended to by a SR shortly. To be honest, he was wearing a very casual outfit and didn’t at all look like a Sales Rep.

Nevertheless, he showed me the car (had excellent knowledge about all the features) and we went for a TD. I was very pleased with the drive and made up my mind to go for Figo. Back in the showroom, another chill colored Figo was getting ready for delivery. Red and Black colors were ruled out by family. We saw the Chill Figo and fell for it. Inquired with SR about availability of Titanium in that color. He came back with a yes saying only one was left in the stock yard.

Price

Price quoted was 6.06 which included 3rd year extended warranty. Corporate discount was available. Inquired about Floor mats, mud flaps, boot mats and it was included. Asked him for Fog lamps and was quoted 4,500. It was adjusted against the corp discount with an additional 1 K to pay. Final price was 6.07. Paid the booking amount of 20K and was promised the delivery in a week . I told him that I wanted to do an inspection at the stock-yard before I made the payment and the car was sent for registration (thanks to tbhp for this advisce). He willingly agreed to do it next day. Overall experience at dealership was ok. Not too good nor very bad. Though,I didn’t feel in anyway like I was purchasing something worth 6L

Talera Stockyard is located in Wagholi on Nagar road. He arrived at my residence next day on time and this time he was wearing complete formals with tie etc. Maybe he was not wearing them earlier due to being Sunday off. Took us to the yard and showed the car. Everything looked fine from outside . There was slight rust on the inside of wheels. I checked with other cars and it was same. He said, its normal. Noted down the VIN number from the sticker. Wanted to check the insides, but he refused to give the keys. He cited some instance, where a customer had accidently pulled the car in reverse and damaged another car in the yard blah blah. I didn’t push for it and we returned back. Checked the VIN number on one of the tbhp threads and found it to be August 2010 lot. Two days later, made the payment and confirmed the delivery date (for some reason, bank statements or electricity bills were not accepted as address proof for registration and had to go through an ordeal to get an affidavit at the regional office)

One day before, I called the SR again and reminded him about making sure the floor mats, fog lamps etc were in stock and fitted on the car. Next day, reached the showroom at 11.30 and to my pleasant surprise the Car was standing there with all its glory – neat and clean. The lamps , matts etc were all in place. I was happy. Checked everything again (had taken the tbhp checklist with me). Asked the SR to demo all the features again. Did all the puja etc, took the insurance papers and drove the car to home after stopping at the nearest pump. Overall my opinion on the dealership had changed considerably and I was quite happy with the overall experience.
PerfHuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2010, 19:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Where are the Chilling Pictures
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2010, 20:00   #3

Long Drive to Kolhapur

The car delivery happened on 2nd and Diwali was just round the corner. We had plans to go to Kolhapur , but i was little hesitant to take the new car as i had heard not to take long drives during run-in period. However, the better half was just not ready to go without the new car. Checked out many threads on this topic and finally decided to go ahead.

Followed few rules
  • keep the RPM changing frequently
  • RPM not to exceed 2500,
  • speed not to exceed 80.
What usually takes 3.5 hrs took 5 hrs this time. But the drive was extremely pleasant. The boot easily accommodated our usual luggage of a family of four. The AC was chiller, ample space for kids in the rear-seat, great driving position. Though towards the end of the drive, I felt slight stiffness in the neck – which I never felt while driving my Esteem.

Got below things while in Kolhapur
  • Seat Cover (Rs 6000)
  • Floor Lamination (Rs 1800) . The seat cover shop sales person showed this to me done on another car. Looked good and easy to clean. So went ahead with it
Also did a trip to Belgaum which is about 100Km from Kolhapur.

Other things

- The music system is good. Couldn’t understand a thing from the Audio Guide, so tried to do the BT connectivity myself. Got the connectivity and am able to make/receive calls, can hear music files stored on my mobile, but am unable to download the Contacts from my mobile.
- Rear wiper is a boon. Realized this when encountered heavy rains on NH4 near Satara.
- Bonnet release on passenger side is little scary.
- I am yet to get a good handle on the use of clutch and how best to toggle between 2nd and 3rd gears in city driving

FE
I had filled the tank full in Kolhapur while starting for Belgaum. The ODO was 426 at that time. Filled the tank again, as soon as I reached back pune. So it was around 95% highway with around 75% AC. The ODO showed 909 and the diesel required was 17.2L, which translates to a FE of close to 28. I never expected this to be so high. I am yet to refill after that, so don’t know the city FE yet.

Overall, extremely happy and satisfied Figo owner !! Will post the pics soon
Old 13th November 2010, 20:06   #4
BHPian

Congratulations on your new Figo!
Indizen010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2010, 22:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man. Drive Safe
sachinj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2010, 23:04   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Figo. Already a long drive with the new car, way to go buddy.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the FIGO and Chill out
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2010, 01:25   #7
BHPian

Chill out with your new figo and have many of these pleasant long drives. As you mentioned that you did not over revved and were driving in the range of 2500 rpms and 80 kms you are bound to get such good mileage. Figo indeed is the VFM and frugal car to own.

Take care, drive safe.
panks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2010, 11:29   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
Congratulations on your new Figo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Congrats man. Drive Safe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on the Figo. Already a long drive with the new car, way to go buddy.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the FIGO and Chill out
Thanks Everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Congrats. Where are the Chilling Pictures
Planning to do that today

Quote:
Originally Posted by panks15 View Post
Chill out with your new figo and have many of these pleasant long drives. As you mentioned that you did not over revved and were driving in the range of 2500 rpms and 80 kms you are bound to get such good mileage. Figo indeed is the VFM and frugal car to own.

Take care, drive safe.
Thanks. I am now eagerly waiting for my next tank full to get the City FE. Even if i get around 14, i will be a happy man
Old 14th November 2010, 14:43   #9
BHPian

One more Figo in Tbhp. Congrats and welcome to the club. 28km/l, Wow!. I suppose sedate driving was responsible for that. Can you put up some pics of the floor lamination?
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2010, 15:08   #10

Here are the pics

New Chill FIGO Titanium-1_showroom.jpg
Getting ready at the showroom

New Chill FIGO Titanium-2_puja.jpg
Puja after reaching home. Sibling Swift (my brother owns it) and my dear old Esteem

New Chill FIGO Titanium-3_car.jpg
New Chill FIGO Titanium-4_car.jpg
New Chill FIGO Titanium-5_car.jpg
New Chill FIGO Titanium-6_car.jpg
Seat Covers

New Chill FIGO Titanium-7_car.jpg
New Chill FIGO Titanium-8_car.jpg
Near first milestone of 1000KM

New Chill FIGO Titanium-9_car.jpg
Old 14th November 2010, 16:11   #11
Senior - BHPian

congrats on the Figo! its a really nice car. I love your seat covers! Did you buy them from ford?
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2010, 19:07   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
One more Figo in Tbhp. Congrats and welcome to the club. 28km/l, Wow!. I suppose sedate driving was responsible for that. Can you put up some pics of the floor lamination?
Sure. Forgot to take them in my earlier pics. Will do it sometime later in the week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
congrats on the Figo! its a really nice car. I love your seat covers! Did you buy them from ford?
Thanks. Got the covers from a local shop in Kolhapur
Old 14th November 2010, 20:15   #13
BHPian

Congrats for your Figo. The color is really nice and also the seat covers are looking good. Wish you many happy and safe miles.
HappyRoadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 01:44   #14
BHPian

Congrats on the CHILLer PerfHuman!

The seat covers look really great, mind telling the price you paid for it?
Also any plans for sunfilm? Would enhance the looks further
jayded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 10:55   #15
Senior - BHPian

Perfhuman, congrats. and welcome to the club. i might bug you with upgrade questions quite often :-)

enjoy your ride and do keep posting. pics look very nice.
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote