Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd November 2010, 15:45   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Set Tyre Pressure to 30 and if washing your engine bay, prefer to put a plastic cover on the ECU for precautionary measure.

Use regular diesel which FIAT also recommends.
Thanks rudrah ,just got all the five tyres filled with nitrogen at 30. Don't know if it would serve any advantage , no harm trying it out anyway .I am using regular diesel.

Do you know of a good sun film installed in vashi or nerul.
One more question when using the horn i get a click a click sound in parallel when pressing it,is it the same with yours too.

Drive safe and wear seat belts.
Ravi Yadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 16:32   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Yadav View Post
Thanks rudrah ,just got all the five tyres filled with nitrogen at 30. Don't know if it would serve any advantage , no harm trying it out anyway .I am using regular diesel.

One more question when using the horn i get a click a click sound in parallel when pressing it,is it the same with yours too.

I had the 3m sun film installed from Gurukripa at Sector 19 Truck Terminal besides Sony World in Vashi.

Got the 3m sun film on the side and rear while Garware for the front windshield.

No there isn't any sound in parelle when using the horn. Check if that continues after long runs..may be after run-in it will disappear.
rudrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 17:11   #33
BHPian

Quote:
I had the 3m sun film installed from Gurukripa at Sector 19 Truck Terminal besides Sony World in Vashi.

Got the 3m sun film on the side and rear while Garware for the front windshield.

No there isn't any sound in parelle when using the horn. Check if that continues after long runs..may be after run-in it will disappear.
Would you mind sharing the cost for the same. Did you install the Garware icecool shield ,and how is it in terms of heat rejection and night visibility especially during rainy seasons.

Last edited by Ravi Yadav : 22nd November 2010 at 17:18.
Old 22nd November 2010, 18:35   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Would you mind sharing the cost for the same. Did you install the Garware icecool shield ,and how is it in terms of heat rejection and night visibility especially during rainy seasons.
It was around 1500/- for the rear and side while 1300 for the front i guess when i installed in 2008. I dont recollect the model of Garware but it is transparent and no issues during night and rainy seasons.
Old 22nd November 2010, 23:29   #35
BHPian

I am one of the "Dhamaka" beneficiaries of Palio MJDs recently delivered by Prerana, Bangalore.

Contrary to general feedback and hence my earlier concern, I did not find the clutch and steering hard at all. As compared to baleno, softness of clutch is on par if not better and steering is definitely softer at very low speeds or while parking. Haven't tried high speeds since it is running in period, though I believe it is not really required.
santosh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 23:55   #36
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the car. It really is begging for a better set of rims. If you can get the Puntos or Lineas rims it would be ideal.

About the sunfilm. Get 3M RE35 on the sides and back. It performs very well and cops in Bombay dont bother about it much.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:00   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Congrats on the car. It really is begging for a better set of rims. If you can get the Puntos or Lineas rims it would be ideal.

About the sunfilm. Get 3M RE35 on the sides and back. It performs very well and cops in Bombay dont bother about it much.
Thanks Akshay1234 for the input , but 50% VLT is the minimum requirement as per the law.Recently on the palm beach road saw cops with a device and were checking vehicles with sunfilm . Hence would prefer to stay with the prescribed limits .
I would prefer to go with a good set of alloys at a latter stage. As usual Vitamin M issues .

Last edited by Ravi Yadav : 23rd November 2010 at 09:03.
Old 23rd November 2010, 11:56   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Akshay1234 for the input , but 50% VLT is the minimum requirement as per the law.Recently on the palm beach road saw cops with a device and were checking vehicles with sunfilm . Hence would prefer to stay with the prescribed limits .
I would prefer to go with a good set of alloys at a latter stage. As usual Vitamin M issues .
Ravi,

its 70% visibility on the front and rear while 50% from the side profiles. Also insist on RTO approved film only and a note or something somewhere mentioning that sunfilm is as per RTO regulations.

I was once caught by the cops and they demanded asking for the certificate showing that the film i installed were RTO approved but the inspector on seeing that i was with the family just warned me and let me go

P.S. my sunfilms are not that pitch dark. The dealer installed it saying its RTO approved but unfortunately I never asked for the model no.
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:56   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
I am one of the "Dhamaka" beneficiaries of Palio MJDs recently delivered by Prerana, Bangalore.
i liked the word BENEFICIARIES there.. people still consider PALIO MJD as a steal at that price & it is a steal

congrats on your MJD.....
sanjaymugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2010, 14:18   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I was told that nitrogen air is not suitable in India that too if you are going to drive within city

Logic : the tyre doesnt heat up ,which makes the tyre hard hence stiff ride and suspension worns out soon.in highways there are not much bad patched so you will feel better grip and softness.

If Tyre heats up it becomes soft and then ride is also smooth.

I had nitro for close to 8-9 months after which one fine day i took my swift to MASS regarding a noise from suspension.next question by SA was about nitrogen air.

I filled the normal air and tried for a week and felt the difference ,suspension was soft
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 08:16   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
I was told that nitrogen air is not suitable in India that too if you are going to drive within city

Logic : the tyre doesnt heat up ,which makes the tyre hard hence stiff ride and suspension worns out soon.in highways there are not much bad patched so you will feel better grip and softness.

If Tyre heats up it becomes soft and then ride is also smooth.

I had nitro for close to 8-9 months after which one fine day i took my swift to MASS regarding a noise from suspension.next question by SA was about nitrogen air.

I filled the normal air and tried for a week and felt the difference ,suspension was soft
Joshguy, even on my Maruti 800 i had nitrogen and used it mainly within the city limits but never had any suspension related issues. Used to switch back to normal air after 6 months to check for any difference but found the ride with nitrogen to be more comfortable.

Last edited by Ravi Yadav : 24th November 2010 at 08:19.
Old 24th November 2010, 11:59   #42
BHPian

Went to fortune motors Nerul regarding the water droplets on the driver side ,they told me that i have to leave the vehicle for atleast three days. Was just wondering why the hell do they need three days to locate a loose pipe . Wasn't convinced so left the showroom with the vehicle.
Where can i locate these drain pipes , some pics would be of great help .
Old 24th November 2010, 16:29   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Went to fortune motors Nerul regarding the water droplets on the driver side ,they told me that i have to leave the vehicle for atleast three days. Was just wondering why the hell do they need three days to locate a loose pipe . Wasn't convinced so left the showroom with the vehicle.
Where can i locate these drain pipes , some pics would be of great help .
Didn't you been to Sanjeev's place for this issue? He will be a better help for you.
Old 25th November 2010, 11:55   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Didn't you been to Sanjeev's place for this issue? He will be a better help for you.
Visited Sanjeev place ,according to him its common on Mjd . Now i am confused. I was of the impression that water whatever the source may be should not reach the cabin.

Wear Seat Belts and drive safe.
Old 25th November 2010, 12:31   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Visited Sanjeev place ,according to him its common on Mjd . Now i am confused. I was of the impression that water whatever the source may be should not reach the cabin.

Wear Seat Belts and drive safe.
Right, it is commonly heard from the MJD owners in PUG forum too. Nothing to worry unless the drops are excessively dripping.

Once it happened on my car too on the passenger side. But later on it vanished and never occured till date.