Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th November 2010, 12:49   #46
BHPian

Just noticed the engine number on the vehicle and documents mismatch ,however the VIN number is correct. How serious is this.

Should i intimate the dealer about the error. The engine no on the vehicle is 0ABCD (just an example) on the documents it is mentioned as ABCD0. An extra Zero at the end which should be at the begining. Wished had checked it at time of delivery .
Ravi Yadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2010, 12:21   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Yadav View Post
Just noticed the engine number on the vehicle and documents mismatch ,however the VIN number is correct. How serious is this.

Should i intimate the dealer about the error. The engine no on the vehicle is 0ABCD (just an example) on the documents it is mentioned as ABCD0. An extra Zero at the end which should be at the begining. Wished had checked it at time of delivery .
Haven't heard of such a thing. An extra or a missing leading zero is acceptable. A trailing zero changes the whole engine number. Did you happen to get it corrected?
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2010, 13:32   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Haven't heard of such a thing. An extra or a missing leading zero is acceptable. A trailing zero changes the whole engine number. Did you happen to get it corrected?
Called up the dealer , told them this is not acceptable. Will be visiting them during the weekend .They seem to be least bothered .
Old 29th November 2010, 13:48   #49
BANNED

Quote:
I Inspect the car from top to bottom in and out like a scanner for any kind of abnormalities.
Quote:
Ravi, this is a serious concern. You said that that you checked the vehicle properly before registering but didn't check the engine number?!

Please this matter seriously with the dealer. Hope the dealer knows about Team-Bhp as whole India is watching this case now. As Palio is a phased out car, you need to take extra precautions here.
COUNSEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2010, 16:15   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNSEL View Post
Ravi, this is a serious concern. You said that that you checked the vehicle properly before registering but didn't check the engine number?!

Please this matter seriously with the dealer. Hope the dealer knows about Team-Bhp as whole India is watching this case now. As Palio is a phased out car, you need to take extra precautions here.
Thanks counsel for the concern.I will surely get this sorted out. But i wonder how i missed out checking the Engine no when i had the Famous team-bhp PDI list with me at delivery .May be i was a bit overexcited .
Old 26th May 2011, 14:29   #51
BHPian

Default re: Graduating from 37 Bhp to 75 Bhp- Fiat Palio Stile MJD

Sorry for not updating the thread for a long time. The vehicle has clocked in 7000Km. Most of the above issues have been sorted out. The 2nd free servicing was carried out a month back.
Will come up with a detailed report on the same. I need some help here guys .Some frustrated gentleman did this honour to me.

Graduating  from 37 Bhp to 75 Bhp- Fiat Palio Stile MJD-img_1568.jpg

Does this requires a repaint ? I was wondering if a waxoyl paint treatment can take care of the scratch. If a opt for a repaint ,do i need to repaint the entire bonnet . Is there a website where i can get information about the color codes. Mine is Infinity Black.
Old 26th May 2011, 15:59   #52
BHPian

Oops..!! this is bad & it hurts badly. IMO, the bonnet will need a re-paint for sure, as the paint is scratched fully. And you will have to get the Fender also painted.
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 11:15   #53
BHPian

Thanks Sanjeev. Will be visiting the showroom and a few independent garage for a quote. My greatest worry with a repaint is colour mismatch. Don't know how well are these independent garages equipped with latest metallic colours.
Old 27th May 2011, 11:48   #54
BHPian

Go for a repaint and get it done at authorised ASC
shantyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 16:40   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sanjeev. Will be visiting the showroom and a few independent garage for a quote. My greatest worry with a repaint is colour mismatch. Don't know how well are these independent garages equipped with latest metallic colours.
Hey Ravi, in case you are open for the independent garages also. And if you dont find a good quote, do let me know. I have my mechanic from last 10 years, he is an excellent guy and does the job to near perfection, hope we can get a good quote from him.

I am also in Navi Mumbai. Let me know in case you require any help.
Old 14th June 2011, 10:48   #56
BHPian

Sorry for not updating the thread for some time ,was out of town for a few days. I visited the showroom and two independent garage. Here are the quotes i received.

1.Showroom : Fender and Bonnet Repaint around 9k.
2. First Independent Garage: Rs 4k
3. Second independent Garage: Rs 5k (This guy has got a paint booth.)

Are these pricing justified ? Too much of variation. Just wondering what should be the idle pricing for a bonnet and fender repaint. Sanjeev where are you located in Navi Mumbai.
Old 14th June 2011, 11:33   #57
BHPian

@Ravi, the Showroom prices will always be high as compared to the Independent Garages. And, usually they do a Good Job.

Take a call on the independent garages only after seeing their skills, you can judge them by the work they have done on the cars with them. Also, there is not much difference in the prices quoted by Garage-1 & 2, only 1K. If you negotiate you will get a good deal from the Garage-2 if you find their work satisfactory.
Old 14th June 2011, 14:39   #58
BHPian

Default Re: Graduating from 37 Bhp to 75 Bhp- Fiat Palio Stile MJD

Thanks Sanjeevi , will check out the independent garage's tomorrow. So finally after 7 months today , i recieved my R.C. book.

My vehicle was pulling towards the left so got a alignment and balancing done. The pull has disappeared but the steering wheel does not come back smoothly after a turn. Earlier it was very smooth. I fell the steering to be a bit heavy too..

Any idea what could be the issue. Experts can provide some inputs ...