Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th November 2010, 02:41   #1
BHPian

Default A New Breed Indeed. White Tata ARIA Pride.

I am sure that some people would find our buying experience a bit weird. We were not at all in the market to buy an new car. Just that we had completed 1.2 lac kms on our SX4 and dad just wanted to change the diesel Swift with something else. He had his eyes on the Fortuner ever since it was launched but he never really bothered even inquiring about it.. He once entered the VW showroom in Pune around the time Polo was launched and just had a look at it and said "Lelete Hain" I had to drag and push him out of the showroom. My dad is a car enthusiast.. He has changed around 7 to 8 vehicles since 2000.. And is well aware of possible launches and about the buzz in the automobile world. We knew that by this year Skoda would launch its Yeti and Tata is going to launch its new Vehicle in the MUV segment.. We weren't really waiting for them to be launched but my dad got feedback on Aria through his friend who visited the Auto Expo and was all praise for it.. Till the first week of october we didnt really care that Tata is launching its Aria on 11th.. But on 10th he came to my room and said Aria leni hai.. I was like ""ok if you wanna"".. I mean who would say no to a premium car ??? Then he asked me to find out every single detail on the car.. I did all that and got him the broucher from Aria's site. He was really impressed after going through the broucher and said that we'll go for the Pleasure variant.. I didnt really comment on that.. Then on 11th when the prices were out he decided that we'll go for the Prestige variant and when finally we reached the dealership early in the morning on 12th oct to book the Aria even before taking a TD of the car and within 5 mins of entering the showroom my dad asked them to book the First ARIA in Pune and the First Pride model.. We had initially booked the Silver color..

All this when till 7th oct we didn't really even consider buying a new car..

Now i'll share my experience at the dealership.. Being the first customer for Aria in Pune we were really given a lot of preferential treatment. My dad was the center of attention in the entire showroom till we were there. A lot of potential customers congratulated my Dad. The VP of Pandit Auto went on saying that maybe he is the first customer in the entire country to book it.. We were told that the delivery would take 8 weeks which was sort of hard to believe but we were not in a hurry so it really didnt bother us. Then sometime in the last week of october my dad got a call from Pandit Auto inviting us for Aria launch party at Taj Blue Diamond. The whole set up was quite nice and it was a proper launch party.. Again the staff from Pandit Auto was really very courteous. We had a nice time..

Meanwhile I had started searching online for reviews on Pandit Auto A.S.S which weren't really encouraging and the fact that BU Bhaandari has ceased to be the Authorized dealer for TATA Motors got me thinking that we'll have no choice but to deal only with Pandit Auto.. I sent a mail to Tata Motors stating my doubts which were handled really professionally by the Representative from Tata Motors and by Pandit Auto people as well. Very quick follow up.. The the usual thing of how the car would be delivered in few days before then end of oct, then before diwali and so on.. Now from 12th Nov onwards we really got frustrated that there has been no confirmation about the car's delivery.. So we again started following up with Pandit Auto people and finally on 15 th we were informed that we may get our car this week itself. But here is the catch.. They couldn't confirm whether it is the Silver color.. So we were offered Sardina Red and Night Shade Black.. My dad out right refused to go for either of the two colors. And just to inquire about what really is happening we went and met the Manager of Pandit Auto and the first thing he tells us is that he is getting 2 Aria Pride model in White color and my dad immediately agreed for it.. We were promised that the car would be delivered to us by thursday and the loan etc process was carried out at lightning fast pace.. Just due to some minor delay we got it on 19th which happens to be my dad's birthday

I am really happy with the whole experience.. People from Pandit Auto have been really quick with everything and very co-operative.. They have addressed all our concerns really efficiently. And that has taken care of all the doubts I had.. It has been very smooth so far and I hope that it remains like this throughout.

Now coming to the Car.. I have just one word to describe it.. Wonderful.. The car is just amazing.. Everything about it from its fit to finish is in a totally different league.. It feels great to sit inside the car and be seen in it.. Tata Motors have truly launched a spectacular car.. I feel very confident while driving the car.. It got Quality written all over it.. My mom is all praise for the vehicle... My sister says that it feels as luxurious as a limo.. My dad says that it is a class of its own.. I just say that it an "Aria".. The drive is very smooth.. Feels like the car got air suspension fitted.. All the gizmos in it are very responsive and effective.. As it rained on 19th we even got to test the Auto Wiper option which is very responsive and you can leave it on the sensor to do the job.. Even the interiors feel that they are going to last for a lifetime.. Ill say that just like you shouldn't judge a book by its cover you shouldn't judge Aria without a TD or a proper Drive.. As once you experience the car overall you would say that even if you strip the Aria off all its features it is leagues ahead as a car than the competition.. I have never had so much fun sitting in any vehicle.. I have traveled to lavasa in a 320D and I didnt really feel great about sitting beamer.. the drive was very normal.. But after travelling in the Aria for around 50 kms I can say that it will be a hell lot better in an Aria.. I am sure that its competition wouldn't have made heads turn around like how Aria does(not considering cars like fourtuner).. It got everything from an amazing ride quality and handling to jaw dropping looks..

Aria is a car that you buy with your Heart and also with your Brain..

We have to get the vehicle registered from another city as that way we wont have to pay any octroi which saves us a cool 50k.. So it will complete its 1000km run by next week.. We are also planning to do either Ajmer or Goa in the car..

And Sorry as I couldn't post some pics of the vehicle as due to the rains it got dirty... But I am planning a proper photo shoot using a D90 with a friend who is a professional..
psbali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2010, 06:50   #2
BHPian

Congrats!

It feels good to see the nice comments about TATA Quality which is quite rare. I hope the quality of the vehicle and TATA A.S.S improves in the coming days and there is a perception change. There are some really nice cars, not being sold just because of the A.S.S issue

It is good that you were happy with Pandit Auto especially because BU shifted to VW.

Eagerly waiting for the pics.
vasanthn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2010, 11:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats to you and your dad. Aria in white looks awesome, expecting loads of pictures and detailed report of Ajmer/Goa trip.
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2010, 11:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats buddy. Happy and safe driving. How about the on road price? Would love to see pics as soon as you can click them. Thanks.

Any additions/installations planned?
TaureanBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2010, 11:31   #5
BHPian

congrats.enjoy her.

And waiting for the photos from the D90.

Anvancy
anvancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2010, 12:54   #6
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase. ARIA definitely looks good on white.

Did you experience any difference with AWD during the rain?
gshanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2010, 13:00   #7
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 1st January 2011 at 14:53.
totaloverdoze is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 20th November 2010, 13:01   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car man. Drive Safe.

Please post few pics soon.
sachinj12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2010, 13:13   #9
BHPian

Many congratulations psbali!!

can I put forth a suggestion: Gun metal shade on alloys on a white aria will look hot!
rrsteer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2010, 13:19   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the ARIA. The white give the ARIA a distinct and very good stance. I just spotted one yesterday outside the KHT Motors, Bangalore.

Do post the pictures.

Enjoy many more happy miles on the ARIA.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2010, 13:28   #11
BHPian

Congratulations Sir.
I too agree with rrsteer. Gunmetal or black alloys would look killer on your white beast.
Have a wonderful ownership and do drive safe.
isldhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2010, 13:54   #12
BHPian

Talking Congrats!

Congratulations on your acquisition. Best Wishes to you and your family. Wish you many many happy moments in your Aria. Drive safe.
Waiting for photos/videos!
icar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2010, 14:22   #13
BHPian

Congrats on the Aria. Wish u many happy motoring miles! Do post some pictures pronto. What is the latest for the alloys. Are you planning to change to wider rubber too.
princey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2010, 16:16   #14
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations. Interesting decision making process

Wish you endless pleasure driving your Pride (provided you quickly upload photos!).

Do keep updating this thread with your ownership experience.
VeluM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2010, 01:04   #15
BHPian

Uploading a teaser pic for the moment..
Was in mumbai the whole day and then Dad taking the car for registration to Akola.. So the proper pics will take some time.. Really sorry guys.. I know the feeling that no matter whichever car report it is it can't be complete without pics..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Congrats!

It feels good to see the nice comments about TATA Quality which is quite rare. I hope the quality of the vehicle and TATA A.S.S improves in the coming days and there is a perception change. There are some really nice cars, not being sold just because of the A.S.S issue

It is good that you were happy with Pandit Auto especially because BU shifted to VW.

Eagerly waiting for the pics.
Well the quality is really good.. The car got a very cushioning suspension.. No doubt the car is good. But I won't vouch for the A.S.S at the moment.. The people from Pandit Auto have been very responsive till now.. We did get a preferential treatment from them but that can't be expected at their workshop as of now.. And yeah I'll post the detailed pics asap..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Congrats to you and your dad. Aria in white looks awesome, expecting loads of pictures and detailed report of Ajmer/Goa trip.

Thanks Latheesh.. Aria looks good in white color for sure.. I am happy that we got the white.. And yeah I'll surely update if in case we do go for the above mentioned trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Congrats buddy. Happy and safe driving. How about the on road price? Would love to see pics as soon as you can click them. Thanks.

Any additions/installations planned?
Hey thanks TBull.. The on road price is yet to be determined as my dad will be taking the car to a city in MH which is 500kms from pune where it will be registered out of octroi.. So far the break-up goes this way 15.13 lacs ex showroom price+ 5500 Handling charges+7000 rs for extended warranty upto 1.5 lac kms or 4 years+ 34000 0% depreciation comprehensive policy.. I guess the RTO Tax should be in the range of 1.2lac.. I guess it will come to about 16.8 lacs on road..

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvancy View Post
congrats.enjoy her.

And waiting for the photos from the D90.

Anvancy
Dude. You are the one who is going to work his magic with the D90.. Remember?? Anyway Thanks Anvay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
Congrats on the purchase. ARIA definitely looks good on white.

Did you experience any difference with AWD during the rain?
Hey thanks gshanky.. Aria looks really cool in white indeed..

Well the roads on which we have driven on are really smooth.. So I really can't say anything.. As there wasn't any need to put it on 4x4.. Anyway.. Cars with AWD feature are supposed to be driven on that mode in slippery condition like that?? If yes then I had no idea..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Congrats on the car man. Drive Safe.

Please post few pics soon.
Thanks Sachinj.. I don't know whether I would drive safe or not but Aria surely will.. another wink..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Many congratulations psbali!!

can I put forth a suggestion: Gun metal shade on alloys on a white aria will look hot!
Thanks rrsteer (grin).. Ill surely put forth this suggestion to my dad.. one hint.. we have driven our swift for 64k kms and still don't have a music system in it.. You want the reason?? Because the car didn't come fitted with them.. My dad ladies and gentlemen..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on the ARIA. The white give the ARIA a distinct and very good stance. I just spotted one yesterday outside the KHT Motors, Bangalore.

Do post the pictures.

Enjoy many more happy miles on the ARIA.
Hey thanks nkrishnap.. According to me Aria looks the best in White.. I am saying this even when we had initially booked the silver one.. As it got the metallic gloss as well as the convenience of a light shade color.. And silver in general is the best than other metallic light colors.. Though destiny had a White Aria written all over it.. another grin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Congratulations Sir.
I too agree with rrsteer. Gunmetal or black alloys would look killer on your white beast.
Have a wonderful ownership and do drive safe.
Thanks isldhn..

Hmm.. Yeah Black alloys get me thinking now.. another grin..

Quote:
Originally Posted by icar View Post
Congratulations on your acquisition. Best Wishes to you and your family. Wish you many many happy moments in your Aria. Drive safe.
Waiting for photos/videos!
Thanks a lot icar.. Really appreciate it.. And yeah more pics and probably videos coming up soon.. Will put in my best effort.. Wanna give the community back in every way possible.. As before I could start this thread I first visited all other threads to read everyone's experience..

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey View Post
Congrats on the Aria. Wish u many happy motoring miles! Do post some pictures pronto. What is the latest for the alloys. Are you planning to change to wider rubber too.
Thanks princey.. Thanks a lot.. Yeah more pics coming up soon.. Well the car will remain in the stock condition.. As we really are happy with all that we got..

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Many congratulations. Interesting decision making process

Wish you endless pleasure driving your Pride (provided you quickly upload photos!).

Do keep updating this thread with your ownership experience.
You have my word on that VeluM.. Would definitely update this thread regularly.. And thanks for your wishes.. another grin..
Attached Thumbnails
A New Breed Indeed. White Tata ARIA Pride.-photo0295.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 1st January 2011 at 14:54. Reason: Removing quoted post which has since been deleted
psbali is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote