Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2011, 17:25   #46
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 294
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: A new beginning - Tata Safari 2.2 VTT DICOR EX QUARTZ BLACK

10k already. Man, you bought after me

Happy mile crunching. I havent posted any updates on my side. Will post in couple of days.
druva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2011, 10:13   #47
BHPian
 
verditer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hosur, Tamilnadu
Posts: 323
Thanked: 72 Times
Default Re: A new beginning - Tata Safari 2.2 VTT DICOR EX QUARTZ BLACK

Thanks Druva.

My daily running is high, at total 90kms to and from office each working day.
So the kms are just mounting.

And this includes 2 trips to Kanyakumari totalling some 2500kms and couple of other shorter trips also.
verditer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2011, 12:32   #48
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: kolkata
Posts: 273
Thanked: 82 Times
Default Re: A new beginning - Tata Safari 2.2 VTT DICOR EX QUARTZ BLACK

@verditer: Albeit a little late, congrats on the beast.Black as always gives a very hunk-y look to the beast.Any plans for alloys?They'll really complete the look.

As for the power-loss issue, all I can say is that you're not the only one.A friend here had his Safari delivered in Jan and needless to say its very annoying when it kind of starts to splutter.Tata really expect their customers to work at their newly delivered Safaris to get it running perfect.All this in a Rs. 10 lakh odd car??
octane1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2011, 13:05   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,961
Thanked: 1,714 Times
Default Re: A new beginning - Tata Safari 2.2 VTT DICOR EX QUARTZ BLACK

This momentary power loss on 3rd gear at 45kmph approximately is one of those issues which have never been sorted out by TML.

A Safari either has it or it doesn't.

Did you try speaking to Murlidhar at Concorde? Let me know if you haven't so far.
n.devdath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 13:02   #50
BHPian
 
verditer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hosur, Tamilnadu
Posts: 323
Thanked: 72 Times
Default Re: A new beginning - Tata Safari 2.2 VTT DICOR EX QUARTZ BLACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
@verditer: Albeit a little late, congrats on the beast.Black as always gives a very hunk-y look to the beast.Any plans for alloys?They'll really complete the look.
Yes, alloys will make it complete,, dont want to spend on it right now, maybe when she is 1 year old... lets see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This momentary power loss on 3rd gear at 45kmph approximately is one of those issues which have never been sorted out by TML.

A Safari either has it or it doesn't.

Did you try speaking to Murlidhar at Concorde? Let me know if you haven't so far.
I gave to Concorde for second service, and Mr. Tulasidas was the service rep.. Dont know who is Muralidhar....
verditer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 14:28   #51
BHPian
 
BulZire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 348
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: A new beginning - Tata Safari 2.2 VTT DICOR EX QUARTZ BLACK

Verditer, I just saw you cruising from Kunalahalli towards ITPL. I spotted you just opposite to CMR institute exactly at 2.15 PM. If i am not wrong, you have not tinted your windscreens yet.
Any plans for it? I had seen few black safari's with dark tints giving a complete black monster look.
BulZire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 14:32   #52
BHPian
 
bantejas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 273
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: A new beginning - Tata Safari 2.2 VTT DICOR EX QUARTZ BLACK

Boss,
I am going tomorrow to sort this issue out and will meet Murali. Let me see what he has to offer as an explanation. Will call you from there then. Let me know if you are coming too. Long time that we have met and I haven't seen hariya either :-).
Tejas

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This momentary power loss on 3rd gear at 45kmph approximately is one of those issues which have never been sorted out by TML.

A Safari either has it or it doesn't.

Did you try speaking to Murlidhar at Concorde? Let me know if you haven't so far.
bantejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 14:54   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,961
Thanked: 1,714 Times
Default Re: A new beginning - Tata Safari 2.2 VTT DICOR EX QUARTZ BLACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
I gave to Concorde for second service, and Mr. Tulasidas was the service rep.. Dont know who is Muralidhar....
He is the GM, Workshop at the Hosur Road Concorde. Try to meet him or Javed the next time you go there and try to get your ECU flashed as well.It might help.

Tejas, sounds ok. Can you pick me up tomorrow? Hariya is at Noida.

Last edited by n.devdath : 18th February 2011 at 14:57.
n.devdath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 15:28   #54
BHPian
 
verditer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hosur, Tamilnadu
Posts: 323
Thanked: 72 Times
Default Re: A new beginning - Tata Safari 2.2 VTT DICOR EX QUARTZ BLACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Verditer, I just saw you cruising from Kunalahalli towards ITPL. I spotted you just opposite to CMR institute exactly at 2.15 PM. If i am not wrong, you have not tinted your windscreens yet.
Any plans for it? I had seen few black safari's with dark tints giving a complete black monster look.
Hi Bulzire - yes it was me. Went to Tyre Empire for Wheel Balancing and Rotation during lunchtime with friend, and dropped him back at AECS layout before heading back to office.
No tints yet, and like it as it is, but the sun is getting warmer day by day and I may soon decide to put on some light tints, though I like it without any tints.

Wheels balanced, and rotation done bringing in the spare wheel to play. She is at 10,500kms today. Didn't do alignment, as Amit posted that the toe angles are different for 2.2 than +/-30. I dont understand it yet, but plan to do alignment during 3rd service at TASS around 15K.

And the log so far...
Attached Thumbnails
A new beginning - Tata Safari 2.2 VTT DICOR EX QUARTZ BLACK-log.jpg  


Last edited by verditer : 18th February 2011 at 15:50.
verditer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 11:23   #55
BHPian
 
bantejas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 273
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: A new beginning - Tata Safari 2.2 VTT DICOR EX QUARTZ BLACK

and sorry for hijacking the thread!
I went to concorde on saturday for the lag (breathlessness) issue. Found out that it was due to the turbo oil leakage. Worst part: it was me who found the oil leakage and told the TASS. There was another leakage from the left rear wheel, the oil seal from the rear axle started leaking. That too was pointed out by me since the braking had gone of for a toss!!

After fixing the turbo oil leakage, I don't see the breathlessness issue at all!



Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
Boss,
I am going tomorrow to sort this issue out and will meet Murali. Let me see what he has to offer as an explanation. Will call you from there then. Let me know if you are coming too. Long time that we have met and I haven't seen hariya either :-).
Tejas
bantejas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:45   #56
BHPian
 
smally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: maximum city
Posts: 63
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: A new beginning - Tata Safari 2.2 VTT DICOR EX QUARTZ BLACK

congrats suresh on the new beast. it sure is a stunner man!!! i use to own one and those were the glorious 2 and half years of my automotive life. what a marvel of engineering albeit with a drabby after sales service. if the *** would have been any better i would have still been crunching miles on my beast. anyways happy motoring and drive safe. cheers!

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th August 2012 at 09:18.
smally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 14:29   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
anujmishra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,271
Thanked: 338 Times
Default Re: A new beginning - Tata Safari 2.2 VTT DICOR EX QUARTZ BLACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
and sorry for hijacking the thread!
I went to concorde on saturday for the lag (breathlessness) issue. Found out that it was due to the turbo oil leakage. Worst part: it was me who found the oil leakage and told the TASS. There was another leakage from the left rear wheel, the oil seal from the rear axle started leaking. That too was pointed out by me since the braking had gone of for a toss!!

After fixing the turbo oil leakage, I don't see the breathlessness issue at all!
Nice to see you have corrected this issue. But we need to wait at least one week for confirming it. Many times this issue returns after a week.

How did you find oil leakage in turbo? Is there any specific area we need to check in engine compartment? I do not see any oil spillage on engine near turbo. Please share method of inspection. My Safari also have this problem.
anujmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 16:34   #58
BHPian
 
verditer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hosur, Tamilnadu
Posts: 323
Thanked: 72 Times
Default Re: A new beginning - Tata Safari 2.2 VTT DICOR EX QUARTZ BLACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
and sorry for hijacking the thread!
I went to concorde on saturday for the lag (breathlessness) issue. Found out that it was due to the turbo oil leakage. Worst part: it was me who found the oil leakage and told the TASS. There was another leakage from the left rear wheel, the oil seal from the rear axle started leaking. That too was pointed out by me since the braking had gone of for a toss!!

After fixing the turbo oil leakage, I don't see the breathlessness issue at all!
Man - definite not hijacking, this is an issue many of us new Safari owners (and old alike) have and would be happy to try any remedy.

Are you 100% sure the issue has gone? Do wait couple of more days and please report back. I think I have an oil leak problem too - the other day I was lying down under the front of the Safari and noticed some oil leakage had been absorbed by the fluffy thing attached to the engine guard plate; need to get it addressed.

If this is the root cause of the hiccup/powerlag issue, then we all would be very very happy to get it addressed at Concorde...

And time for some photos of Bulgy:
Attached Images
      

Last edited by verditer : 22nd February 2011 at 16:39.
verditer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2011, 17:14   #59
BHPian
 
bantejas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 273
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: A new beginning - Tata Safari 2.2 VTT DICOR EX QUARTZ BLACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
Man - definite not hijacking, this is an issue many of us new Safari owners (and old alike) have and would be happy to try any remedy.

Are you 100% sure the issue has gone? Do wait couple of more days and please report back. I think I have an oil leak problem too - the other day I was lying down under the front of the Safari and noticed some oil leakage had been absorbed by the fluffy thing attached to the engine guard plate; need to get it addressed.

If this is the root cause of the hiccup/powerlag issue, then we all would be very very happy to get it addressed at Concorde...

And time for some photos of Bulgy:
I have not seen the issue happening till about 2 days back. The thing is that I don't use the car in the city and I am waiting for the weekend right now. This issue crept in after 38k for me and so I am not sure if it will come back again.
I spotted the oil leak when the truck was jacked up. There was none at my parking. I have a habit of checking the leaks thanks to owning a bullet .

You should get checked and also, I am sure that it will be covered under warranty.

Tejas
bantejas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2011, 17:18   #60
BHPian
 
bantejas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 273
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: A new beginning - Tata Safari 2.2 VTT DICOR EX QUARTZ BLACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Nice to see you have corrected this issue. But we need to wait at least one week for confirming it. Many times this issue returns after a week.

How did you find oil leakage in turbo? Is there any specific area we need to check in engine compartment? I do not see any oil spillage on engine near turbo. Please share method of inspection. My Safari also have this problem.
As I said earlier, the car was jacked up at the *** was pretty visible down south :-). I guess you stay at Ramamurthy Nagar or nearby (I stay next to tamarind on ORR). If yes then you/we can jack up the truck at EMM/any Service station to see any leaks if at all.
bantejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heart 20 Mind. Tata Safari Dicor Lx Quartz Black. Aka "The Albatross" padikpanther Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 42 20th July 2015 14:50
Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install Born 2 Be Wild Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 58 11th April 2014 15:15
Quartz Black Safari Dicor Lx Joins babureddy Long-Term Ownership Reviews 42 18th February 2008 18:28
Quartz Black Safari Dicor joins the team Mav Long-Term Ownership Reviews 26 18th February 2008 17:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks