Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd May 2011, 21:36   #16

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento Highline TDI : Ownership review

I have a solution now. Got Webasto sunroof fitted. Now the rain would feel better. Also the area of hollowness is reduced, since the sunroof has occupied 30% of the roof.
I did speak to that mechanic. He confirmed that there is 'cardboard like' thing pasted to the steel roof and there is still hollowness that could be the cause of noise. I asked him, if there is feasibility to stuff some thermal insulation. Answer is profound YES.
Let me observe how the things go in rains. Else, will get te stuffing done in the next servicing of sunroof
jain_sanjayp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

jain_sanjayp, Please provide more updates on the sun roof (price and pictures). Should be a nice addition to your car, Is it like a moonroof where you can slide the opaque cover to get a transparent view through the glass when closed?
srishiva is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 23:02   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
jain_sanjayp, Please provide more updates on the sun roof (price and pictures). Should be a nice addition to your car, Is it like a moonroof where you can slide the opaque cover to get a transparent view through the glass when closed?
Well, it is great feeling to have sunroof on a vento. Haven't seen any other till now. It is Webasto hollandia 300. Fitted by Webasto india at noida(near Delhi) factory. Cost 60K. 3 hours neat fitting. Since the electrical are laid, the car needs to visit VW workshop to reset the 'vehicle xheck' light.
Old 10th May 2011, 09:38   #19
BHPian

Congrats on the Vento. it is one car along with the Cruze that i want to buy in the future. How much did the sunroof thing cost you?
Mr.Beat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 13:12   #20

Hey BHP ians,
I'm back again from a 'period' of absence as usual. I must admit, I just seem to vanish after putting in a few words on the forum promising to be regular. Somehow never seem to keep up. Anyways, to cut the crap and get right into action, let me update you on whats been happening in the mean time. I have covered 20,000 odd kms on my 'Vento' till date. I had done the first service on 15,000 kms. Let me briefly give you the details as to what transpired.
The car so far
Well, I have taken my car through some of the roughest terrains that a sedan could handle as well as taken it through the smoothest of highways. Till date, the 'Vento' has been an epitome of Poise, Confidence and utmost strong built. A regular send would have started squeaking and rattling after running over the terrains I took my 'Vento' through. The car had absolutely no isuues at all. Well, yes, there were minor squeaks but hardly noticeable. I even bottomed out a good number of times, yet it stood firm. Overall I am very happy with my 'Vento' thus far.
First Service
As soon as my car touched 14500 kms, I got in touch with the volkswagen service station and they promptly scheduled my vehicle for service the very next day. I send my car along with my driver to the service station, with written instructions as to what needs to be done and rectified. My car was taken in by the service station at 9.30 am and was handed back at 5.30 pm the same day as promised. All the issues were taken care of and the car was handed back as good as new. Great work by the Service Station (EVM Volkswagen, Cochin). Next, the bill. Well here's the shocker. I was told before the service by the service advisor that the approximate cost of the first service would be Rs.10,500/-. But the actual bill just amounted to Rs.8800/- I was pleasantly surprised. A break up of the costs are as below.
  • Engine Oil - 4 ltrs- Rs. 4200/-
  • Filter Element - 327 /-
  • AC Filter - Rs. 842 /-
  • Windshield Cleaner - Rs. 226/-
  • Plug - Rs. 66 /-
  • VAT @ 12.5 % - Rs. 707/-
  • Service Labour - Rs.2210 /-
Total Cost = Rs. 8800/-
I am thrilled that it did not cost me through the roof as most people anticipitated with Volkswagen. Overall a very happy 'Vento' owner.
ASTRIKX is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 14:22   #21
BHPian

Hey Astrix, Thanks for your very useful post. Its like giving confidence to lot of Vento/Polo owners. I think 8800/- is very very reasonable. I for one will not complain. I dont even want to compare how much a Maruti or a Hyundai will cost for such service. They could be cheaper, but for me this figure is affordable and I dont mind to spend that for upkeep of my car

hello jain_sanjayp, could you post the sunroofed vento picture? Does that sunroof glide open or is it fixed? I still wonder what is the practical use of sunroofs though? Is it only for aesthetics? Also do you have to put sunfilm on that sunroof as well to prevent the car from heating up? Pardon my ignorance
Frontosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 16:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Volkswagen Vento Highline TDI : Ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTRIKX View Post
Hey BHP ians,
.. I have covered 20,000 odd kms on my 'Vento' till date. I had done the first service on 15,000 kms. Let me briefly give you the details as to what transpired.
The car so far
Well, I have taken my car through some of the roughest terrains that a sedan could handle as well as taken it through the smoothest of highways. Till date, the 'Vento' has been an epitome of Poise, Confidence and utmost strong built. .....

Overall I am very happy with my 'Vento' thus far.
First Service
  • Engine Oil - 4 ltrs- Rs. 4200/-
  • Filter Element - 327 /-
  • AC Filter - Rs. 842 /-
  • Windshield Cleaner - Rs. 226/-
  • Plug - Rs. 66 /-
  • VAT @ 12.5 % - Rs. 707/-
  • Service Labour - Rs.2210 /-
Total Cost = Rs. 8800/-
I am thrilled that it did not cost me through the roof as most people anticipitated with Volkswagen. Overall a very happy 'Vento' owner.
Thank you for this extremely useful post . Personally I had never any doubt about the ability of the car towards handling rough roads and its poise - now it feels great to hear about your positive service experience .
Apprx 9K every 15K km is good news indeed !! Possibly we have to add another 4K towards an additional oil top-up ( much lesser if mineral or semi-synthetic opted for ) which is pretty cool.
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 19:01   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Hey Astrix, Thanks for your very useful post. Its like giving confidence to lot of Vento/Polo owners. I think 8800/- is very very reasonable. I for one will not complain. I dont even want to compare how much a Maruti or a Hyundai will cost for such service. They could be cheaper, but for me this figure is affordable and I dont mind to spend that for upkeep of my car

hello jain_sanjayp, could you post the sunroofed vento picture? Does that sunroof glide open or is it fixed? I still wonder what is the practical use of sunroofs though? Is it only for aesthetics? Also do you have to put sunfilm on that sunroof as well to prevent the car from heating up? Pardon my ignorance

I will post picture of my car soon. 60K. I love that. I prefer open windows and sunroof, unless hot / humid. It is amazing. Ofcourse the car needs to go for frequent interior-dryclean. But, it is worth.
The glass is tempered and tinted.
300 Power Spoiler Sunroof
Webasto - Hollandia 300
Old 13th June 2011, 11:29   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTRIKX View Post
The car so far
Well, I have taken my car through some of the roughest terrains that a sedan could handle as well as taken it through the smoothest of highways. Till date, the 'Vento' has been an epitome of Poise, Confidence and utmost strong built. A regular send would have started squeaking and rattling after running over the terrains I took my 'Vento' through. The car had absolutely no isuues at all. Well, yes, there were minor squeaks but hardly noticeable. I even bottomed out a good number of times, yet it stood firm. Overall I am very happy with my 'Vento' thus far.
Does 'bottomed out' means, that you had problem with vento's ground clearance?
woof is offline   Reply With Quote