Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th November 2010, 14:43   #1

Default Scorpio VLX 4WD finally arrived home !!!!

Hi. It was few months; I was considering replacing Optra LS (2004) by new vehicle (My family's choice was Skoda Laura/Honda Civic/ Cruz kind of vehicles). I always dreamed about having a SUV. The budget permitted options of only Tata and Mahindra. The option of Tata got eliminated due to feedback from my friend and a relative who owned Tata Safari. I never drove Scorpio, so had test drive. I liked the car; it is robust, sturdy and good to drive.Now comes the most difficult part of convinencing my family. Considering the impression the Scorpios and their passengers carry, it was big NO .( My wife must have imagined image of me..seating in scorpio with white payajama,white shirt,Gandhi Topi and speaking a rude language.) With great skills I managed to take them for a test drive. The ride softened them but they didnít like the white color and no other color vehicle Scorpio was available to see. Then while returning, we saw a Java Brown Scorpio, it did the trick. Now my choice zeroed on Scorpio, which one? In one scary incidence while visiting our farms in Naik, Optra got stuck in slush/mud, then the tow Jeep also got stuck (It was 2WD). Finally tractor rescued them both. This tilted the decision in favor of Scorpio 4WD.

Booked Scorpio VLX BS4 4WD with airbags last month. The vehicle was delivered in stockyard on Fryday. Went armed with Team-BHP checklist. Everything went as per rule book. Had a nice drive,everything worked well. The paperwork bungling from my companies side as well as dealer continues, then registration. I hope to drive it home by Saturday or at most early next week. I suppose it is fully loaded so the only accessories, I think of are Bulbar and seat covers and sun films. I manage some pictures with Blackberry phone; it was too bright and sunny in open stockyard. I will post review,all details with more photographs after I take her home.
Attached Thumbnails
Scorpio VLX 4WD finally arrived home !!!!-img00100201011231406.jpg  

Scorpio VLX 4WD finally arrived home !!!!-img00102201011231407.jpg  

Scorpio VLX 4WD finally arrived home !!!!-img00103201011231408.jpg  

Scorpio VLX 4WD finally arrived home !!!!-img00110201011231411.jpg  

Scorpio VLX 4WD finally arrived home !!!!-img00108201011231410.jpg  

Scorpio VLX 4WD finally arrived home !!!!-img00114201011231413.jpg  

ankaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 14:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

very nice post indeed.
all the very best in your new acquisition and may it give you years of enjoyment and utility.
all the best!
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 14:52   #3
BHPian

Let me be the first one to Congratulate you..!! May You Munch more miles...

Good Choice buddy, do post more pics and your experience of owning and driving this beast.

Cheers,
Rajesh
2500cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 15:18   #4

Dear Rajesh and Shankar.Balan,Thanks a Lot for your wishes. I will post all details and more photos later. I have been immensely benifited by the warehouse of knowledge Team-BHP has and especially the checklists. Due to this,I understood what does it mean by owning a car. I am sure,will have joyful drive in new Scorpio and with T-BHP . Thanks to you both.
Anil
Old 24th November 2010, 15:33   #5
BHPian

Dear Ankaps

Congratulation for your dream car. Good color with best trim.
Its looks excellent in this color.

Is the VLX 4x4 comes with ACC??

Last edited by KALINGA : 24th November 2010 at 15:34.
KALINGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 15:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy and I m sure you will enjoy the segment leader Scorpio experience to the fullest since you have the 4wd version.

This is amongst the best VFM SUVs in India and is hugely reliable as well. Enjoy your ride for many more years to come.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 15:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ankaps! Good decision to buy the Scorpio!

You will never feel let down!
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 16:04   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your buy. Nice color as well - this is my favourite color on the Scorpio. Wise decision to go for a 4x4.
cool_dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 16:24   #9

Thanks a lot KALINGA,n.devdath,Getsurya and Cool_dube. I thank you all for your wishes.
@KALINGA : I have inquired about it but the dealer probably knows as much as I do. He did tell that this new batch has come with some changes and revisions and it is with ACC. But will know for sure only when car and manual comes in hand.
Anil
Old 24th November 2010, 16:53   #10
Senior - BHPian

The decals on the Scorpio VLX model look best on the Java Brown colour, IMO. I only wish they'd offered this colour for the SLE variant too!

One friendly suggestion - don't fit a bull bar please. You'll find lots of reasons for this on the forum itself.

Many congratulations and wish you a million miles of safe & happy driving!

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 20:37   #11
NFS
BHPian

Congrats on your buy, and I like the Java Brown and White colors. I like the black interiors which is not part of the White scorpio.

Wishing you a million miles of happy driving!

You did mention about ACC, is that Automatic Climate Control? Can you confirm this? I checked through their website and found no information about Climate Control. Additional of Climate Control AC would be really A+. Checked the internal pic of your Scorp and did not see any changes to the AC panel (may be I did not spot it!).

Awaiting more pics
NFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 20:42   #12
BHPian

Congrats on the new buy.
Thats a nice colour you have chosen.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 20:51   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
You did mention about ACC, is that Automatic Climate Control? Can you confirm this?
Same here. The AC controls look like the normal ones found across Scorpios. Also, I called the dealer here and they too do not have any info on this.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 22:31   #14
BHPian

Congratulations!! A very nice color for the scorpio. What is the on-road-price?

The first thing on my list for Mahindra to improve in scorpio is the interior colors. Give us some plain colors
gshanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 22:48   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations. Looks like Mahindra has relaxed the restriction on colors. When some of the others on this forum including myself bought 4x4 versions, only colors we could get was Black or White.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote