Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th January 2011, 12:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: TDI/Tjet/Vtec- And ending up with the punching bag! (Honda City S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuz View Post
Thank you Ram, Raghu, Reinhard & Utopian.

Ghodlur - I guess it might not be called a lane change indicator. Figo has this system wherein the indicator blinks for 2-3 times and then shuts off. One need not pull the indicator stick back or wait for the steering turn to be completed for it to automatically switch off. Is excellent when one does lane change/overtake. Its another matter that more often i ended up operating the rear wiper!
Before these timed lane change indicators came into being, the correct way to change the lane is to just push the stalk gently and hold and not to engage it fully. These things are mentioned in owner's manual !!
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 09:31   #17
BHPian

Nice computation on the three types. Excellent color choice on the City. Enjoy your drive to the fullest.
Rubbertramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 13:49   #18
BHPian

Congrats on your acquisition of a great allround car. You cant go wrong with vtec can you? It surely promises lot of excitement and driving pleasure. The other cars were great contenders as well but i guess you made the logical selection which i can see through your post. And obviously honda has one of the best resale value in the Indian market.
Enjoy the car and revel the high rpms rush!
ashish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 23:41   #19
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Ram, Raghu, Reinhard & Utopian.

Raghu - 17 KMPL in highways when you are ripping it is not at all a bad one!. And yeah, city drives with AC on i guess 13 KMPL is the standard mileage, at least in moderate city traffic (Navi Mumbai). Am looking forward to my highway run to see the exact figures.

Ghodlur - I guess it might not be called a lane change indicator. Figo has this system wherein the indicator blinks for 2-3 times and then shuts off. One need not pull the indicator stick back or wait for the steering turn to be completed for it to automatically switch off. Is excellent when one does lane change/overtake. Its another matter that more often i ended up operating the rear wiper!

Vcx - I would drool over the city every time i see one, but i would go for the Vento Diesel , simply for the sheer value. Actually, if i am in the market now and in no hurry, i would book the vento diesel, and wait out the waiting period of 4-5 months happily, keeping my eyes and ears open for the ownership reviews. In another 4-5 months i guess we will get an exact idea of Volkswagen service, and the new car issues with Vento, if any. Plus, you have the new fiesta also coming up!

Agree, I am keenly looking to hear abt VW's service views/ experience. will they please or pain the customers!
vcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 00:10   #20
BHPian

Wink Re: 3000 Km Update :)

Quote:
Honda - why isnt there a remote boot opener?, or a CD, or a bluetooth, lane change indicator etc.
@skuz,
Honda's reply to your question "Get the Civic"

Not sure if Civic has these features though..

Congrats on the City.

And one more thing, to Kollam, the best way would be through Salem ... it's all 4 lanes. Through Mysore it might even take you more time and the distance is not that different. Reaching BLR at 3 AM, best is to drive through the city instead of taking the ring roads.
AvinashKeezh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2011, 15:48   #21
BHPian

Default 1 yr - 24000 km Update!!!!!

Been a long time since i visited this thread. The last time i posted i was contemplating which route i should take for the mumbai-kerala road trip.

The car had run about 3500 odd kms then. 5000 more kms came up in little less that two weeks, with the kerala trip, and by feb, i was nudging 10 K. And its almost touching 24000 kms, with 80% of it being purely city drives - through some of the worst roads in mumbai - the bpt road (proper suv territory that is), through some of the worst traffic (chembur priyadarshini to sion to bandra!!), but with a 10 km pure bliss every day in the palm beach road

Some key statistics/facts -

Mileage - During rains in the city about 13.5-14 km/litre, remaining times 14-15 km/litre. With ac. Amazingly impressed with the car and happy with my driving. All these are tank full to tank full basis. MID deviates by .5 to 1.0. Right now, am almost at half tank, MID shows 16.4 km/ltr, and the runs include 2 belapur to nariman point runs, and 2 belapur to bandra runs!. All city runs!

Highway - During the kerala trip, touching 140 most of the times only about 14.5 to 16 km/litre. The moment i shift to 80-110 km/hr range, it goes to 17-18 km/litre.

Oil - Shifted to synthetic oil at 10 K. Changed again at 18 K. Some dealers maintain you have to change at 5K, some say synthetic is good for 10 K. I think i would shift at around 8 K types.

Service charges - With synthetic oil, total came to about 3.9 K types. (Includes consumables & services)

Fuel - Normal fuel, though after every 4th or 5th full tank, i shift to premium for one full tank. Donno if it would do any good, but doing it going by a belief that the additives would do some good. .

Repairs - None! Absolutely - None! Though my headlights gave up last week, but then those were the only components which i got fitted from outside - Philips xtreme power . More impressed with the reliability of the car now.

High speeds - Am comfy till 150 kmph. Have touched that consistantly on highways. But wouldnt be comfy above that, except for short stretches.

Some of the compliments i have got

Bro - He was not a honda fan. After driving for some time, after over taking couple of cars etc, he commented - "this is slightly addictive, it does whatever you ask it to do!". He was also impressed with the MID indicated mileage of 18.9 Km/litre while travelling from Kochi to Kayamkulam, about 100 kms, with 5 adults on board, with ac & luggage!

Friend 1 - Bought a new city, after driving mine. He was amazed by the ease of driving and decided to buy the city for its "armchair driving"

Friends Wife - Did a whole day tour to the ghats on the car. She gets nausea inside mumbai itself, but was very comfortable throughout the 400 km journey and was damn impressed with the ride quality.

The not-so-goods

The road/tyre noise - On rough surfaces, on long journeys, the tyre noise can get irritating. Its a constant drone.

Suspension - Inside the city, be prepared to listen to people say their hatchbacks offer softer ride! Its very hard at low speeds. Hats off to fiat for showing how you can manage low speed and high speed ride together!

And the stand out factor!!!

Boy...the Reliability!
touchwood - Not a rattle, not a repair, not a missed beat. 24 K, through some of the worst roads, including NH 13 from chitradurga to Hospet and the bpt road day in and out!....

Am impressed, and have become a hardcore honda advocate now!.

~but baybee, the XUV 5oo - i wouldnt mind half the electronics going dead, but what a car!!!
skuz is offline   Reply With Quote