Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd December 2010, 12:26   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Man, the location of your house is as beautiful as your Alto K10! Shimla is a dream destination for many of us here in Goa. The second last photo of your Alto near the trees briefly captures the beauty of Shimla.
thanks for appreciating the beauty of my heaven!!the hill you see in the pic has the hp university and the famous"ADAVANCED STUDY-WHERE THE MOVIE BLACK was shot"
but our work keeps us from regularly going there
anyways its a good decision to go for i10-even i wanted to taste the finer build quality of hyundai,especially the ride quality of i10 is far better than a segment higher marutis and with your driving style staying subtle on rpm,kappa will return you good mileage-happy motoring!!
drjumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 19:53   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjumbo View Post
nippon traded as MGA was for 8400 bucks,

i dont mind sharing,but what exactly is it that you are looking for in my OTR
One of my friend is contemplating between an i10 and k10 (Yeah, it rhymes!) and I'm urging him to go for the K10. Did you get any discounts or freebies?
hdnivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 21:11   #18
BHPian

Default cars in demand dont have discounts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnivara View Post
One of my friend is contemplating between an i10 and k10 (Yeah, it rhymes!) and I'm urging him to go for the K10. Did you get any discounts or freebies?
the swift for example,u dont get it in time,no freebies even after 5 years!!!
for the time being k10 is in great demand,the boys have finally found a powerpacked affordable toy,the hyundais are perfect except for the maintainance part-its a nightmare when it comes to replacing parts-so either have good money flowing or dont bang a hyundai!!which upper shimla guys are used to!!they are careless drivers(there were already crushed k10s and blue eyed wagon rs turned black eyed within days of launch!!)

if your friend is comparing 1.1 irde with k10,then k10 is far better
but kappa is much mature for k10=actually i10 kappa should be kept against same sized engines-k12(swift,ritz)
dunno why guys compare 1000cc 3 pot with a 1200 4pot!!??
Old 3rd December 2010, 23:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

@hdnivara Hi,my mom has booked the k10 recently and we did not get any discounts although we got a full floor mat,steering wheel cover,mudflaps and an air freshener as freebies.

@drjumbo Thank you for the advice will sure keep in mind.The showroom people have asked whether we want the car polished/waxed or not?
Is polishing a standard procedure for them?Or do we have to pay extra?

And do you have an aftermarket stereo installed?Can you share what is price and the how is it?
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2010, 00:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

Dealers in gurgaon are giving 10K + 2K(corporate discount) on Alto K10.

i am going to buy one in next week for my sister so i know.
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2010, 07:04   #21
BHPian

Default competition among dealers is good for buyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
@hdnivara Hi,my mom has booked the k10 recently and we did not get any discounts although we got a full floor mat,steering wheel cover,mudflaps and an air freshener as freebies.

@drjumbo Thank you for the advice will sure keep in mind.The showroom people have asked whether we want the car polished/waxed or not?
Is polishing a standard procedure for them?Or do we have to pay extra?

And do you have an aftermarket stereo installed?Can you share what is price and the how is it?
Well the cheapster in shimla doesn't have healthy competition so he just doesn't offer anything, good for you guys
about polishing-confirm weather its just the wax polish(motomax and others-that we normally use ourselves or teflon(which is for about 3000),if its teflon and free then go for it!! or else simple wax based polishing on regular basis at home is just perfect-no need to fall into his clutches if he convinces you to pay for teflon.
Old 4th December 2010, 07:07   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post

i am going to buy one in next week for my sister so i know.
It's amazing you are paying net for lxi and getting vxi!! because the discount you are getting is almost the price difference of the two models!!
wish i had such offers.

Quote:

The dealer here warned me against voiding my warranty if i went for aftermarket stereo-so took the MGA nippon one-actually its quite good-gives company fitted look-has usb ssd slot and this "loud" button that throws the amplifier in full power even at low volumes-that button is not available in any of the sony,jvc or other brands i guess
i'll soon post few more pics with the system on and show you how it blends in the dash!!!!!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by .anshuman : 6th December 2010 at 12:51. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 4th December 2010, 09:27   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjumbo View Post
if your friend is comparing 1.1 irde with k10,then k10 is far better
but kappa is much mature for k10=actually i10 kappa should be kept against same sized engines-k12(swift,ritz)
dunno why guys compare 1000cc 3 pot with a 1200 4pot!!??
Of course, i10 1.1 Vs K10. IIRC, i10 1.1 has 69PS & K10 with 68PS. But, the OTR price difference comes around 45K. So, K10 should be the choice.
Quote:

There you go. Standard freebies. drjumbo had installed MGA Nippon stereo.
Quote:
Thats fab. Around 13K is the price difference between Lxi & Vxi as said by drjumbo.
hdnivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2010, 13:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

You guys are lucky. When I bought the K10 in August, there were no freebies. I had to get mats etc all on my own!

Nice to know that K10 rocks in the hills. I plan to take it some times in January to Shimla and beyond.

In heavy city traffic and local runs (< 2km) I am getting 14 kmpl. I am on my fourth tank full.
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2010, 14:22   #25
BHPian

Default pics of stereo

Quote:
@hdnivara

here are a few pics of my nippon stereo-its just so well suited!!!
Attached Images

Old 4th December 2010, 14:48   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
You guys are lucky. When I bought the K10 in August, there were no freebies. I had to get mats etc all on my own!

Nice to know that K10 rocks in the hills. I plan to take it some times in January to Shimla and beyond.

In heavy city traffic and local runs (< 2km) I am getting 14 kmpl. I am on my fourth tank full.
every maruti is good in shimla,just the diesel cars have issues,the turbo lag nearly kills them in shimla especially if you stop uphill with full car
Old 4th December 2010, 15:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant! All pictures are nice. The last ones with the back-lit console and HU are icing on the cake! I see the dial is on Full HOT heater we don't get to use that feature in this part of the country where I live...Nice alloys too.

Congrats on your K10 drjumbo! Wish you unlimited safe and happy miles with her.
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2010, 21:49   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Brilliant! All pictures are nice. The last ones with the back-lit console and HU are icing on the cake! I see the dial is on Full HOT heater we don't get to use that feature in this part of the country where I live...Nice alloys too.

Congrats on your K10 drjumbo! Wish you unlimited safe and happy miles with her.
thanks a lot,NICE OBSERVATION-i just noticed that later after posting that dial was on heater!!
PLEASE DO NOTICE TWO MORE THINGS
1.positioning of heat is on floors,its so cold out here that your feet get frozen and you dont feel the pedals sometimes!
2.the idling rpm on tacho is still high at noon time-parked my car for just 2 hours and the engine is cold again!!!
trust me, get a swift diesel to shimla during this time and use it for just 3-4 months here in local areas-those cold starts and craving for turbo to shoot uphill will kill the car.
Old 4th December 2010, 23:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

btw which tyres and size the stock tyres were???

and whats brand/size of alloys/tyres and the price please
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2010, 13:32   #30
BHPian

Default stock tyres with new alloys

Quote:
btw which tyres and size the stock tyres were???

and whats brand/size of alloys/tyres and the price please
the tyres are stock=155/65 r13
alloys are silverline-12,500