Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 5th January 2011, 20:49   #46
BHPian

Default Some interior photos

Here are some interior photos of the car. Some of them are from a weird angle.

My White Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD-punto_12.jpg

My White Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD-punto_10.jpg

My White Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD-punto_11.jpg

My White Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD-punto_13.jpg

My White Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD-punto_14.jpg

My White Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD-punto_15.jpg

My White Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD-punto_16.jpg

Last edited by praz : 5th January 2011 at 20:51.
praz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 19:43   #47
BHPian

Default Re: My White Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD

Praz, from what I've experienced from these service centers till now, I would say Tafe Reach is a little better than the rest. I've suggested my friend to take his Linea to Tafe Reach for his upcoming service. Will post his experience here. Btw, just saw the seat covers, a lot of character added to the cabin now. Mind sharing the cost?

Last edited by CliffHanger : 10th January 2011 at 19:45.
CliffHanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 22:40   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Praz, from what I've experienced from these service centers till now, I would say Tafe Reach is a little better than the rest. I've suggested my friend to take his Linea to Tafe Reach for his upcoming service. Will post his experience here. Btw, just saw the seat covers, a lot of character added to the cabin now. Mind sharing the cost?
I will be eagerly waiting for your friend's feedback on Tafe Reach's service. I have decided not to take the car to Concorde anymore. I noticed a small dent on the front left hand side door. I am very sure that the dent was made during the service . I did not notice it as I took delivery in the dark and next day I drove to Bangalore. The car was so dirty the next day that nothing was visible. I did a water wash on Friday and noticed the dent. I always park inside the building where only cars are parked, so no way that dent could have been caused after service. It is not the dent that Iam angry about. It is the attitude of the service guys who did not even apologize or let me know that they have made such a mistake. Anyhow, I can go on and on about their irresponsible attitude, but I will stop here.

I love the seat covers and the job done is damn good. I was very much impressed by the workmanship. I guess that explains the amount pictures I have put of them on this thread. The total cost was around Rs.6500. I got it done at Mehra Bros. in Chennai. They took one full day to do it, but no regrets there. I can give you the details if you want. The next thing to do is to get a matching steering grip and gear knob grip. Not able to find time..
Old 11th January 2011, 14:58   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praz View Post
I will be eagerly waiting for your friend's feedback on Tafe Reach's service. I have decided not to take the car to Concorde anymore. I noticed a small dent on the front left hand side door. I am very sure that the dent was made during the service . I did not notice it as I took delivery in the dark and next day I drove to Bangalore. The car was so dirty the next day that nothing was visible. I did a water wash on Friday and noticed the dent. I always park inside the building where only cars are parked, so no way that dent could have been caused after service. It is not the dent that Iam angry about. It is the attitude of the service guys who did not even apologize or let me know that they have made such a mistake. Anyhow, I can go on and on about their irresponsible attitude, but I will stop here.

I love the seat covers and the job done is damn good. I was very much impressed by the workmanship. I guess that explains the amount pictures I have put of them on this thread. The total cost was around Rs.6500. I got it done at Mehra Bros. in Chennai. They took one full day to do it, but no regrets there. I can give you the details if you want. The next thing to do is to get a matching steering grip and gear knob grip. Not able to find time..
I think I missed to say that I got my 3rd service done in Tafe Reach a few weeks back. The issues(though were very few) that I reported were taken care of. The service personal wasn't of that hurry-burry sorts. He patiently listened to whatever I had to say and was able to understand them as well. When I drove the car after service I was gladly surprised by the work done, a issue that I missed to tell was also taken caren of. Personally, this was the best service my car has got till date. But, as with any Tata service station, you can never come out without dissapointment; I was charged for 4L of engine oil which is supposed to be 3.5L. I'm planning to take it up to the management the next time I visit the service station.

Regarding dents, I would say what you have got is just the begining. Be prepared to see a lot of such dents after everytime you come out of the service station. Tata stations are over crowded to brim and the people who treat your car treat it like zilch.

I would like to see your seat covers personally. In case you are in Chennai, could you let me know if it's possible to have a look at them?

Last edited by CliffHanger : 11th January 2011 at 15:01.
Old 11th January 2011, 16:15   #50
BHPian

Quote:
I think I missed to say that I got my 3rd service done in Tafe Reach a few weeks back. The issues(though were very few) that I reported were taken care of. The service personal wasn't of that hurry-burry sorts. He patiently listened to whatever I had to say and was able to understand them as well. When I drove the car after service I was gladly surprised by the work done, a issue that I missed to tell was also taken caren of. Personally, this was the best service my car has got till date. But, as with any Tata service station, you can never come out without dissapointment; I was charged for 4L of engine oil which is supposed to be 3.5L. I'm planning to take it up to the management the next time I visit the service station.

Regarding dents, I would say what you have got is just the begining. Be prepared to see a lot of such dents after everytime you come out of the service station. Tata stations are over crowded to brim and the people who treat your car treat it like zilch.

I would like to see your seat covers personally. In case you are in Chennai, could you let me know if it's possible to have a look at them?
I have complained to the FIAT customer service regarding my experience. Let's see how they respond. I will take the name of the SA from you and check out TAFE reach for the second service.

You are welcome to have a look at the seat covers. I will be in Chennai from 26th-30th of Jan. BTW, which part of Chennai are you put up at?
Old 13th January 2011, 19:01   #51
BHPian

As mentioned in my earlier post, I had complained to FIAT regarding the poor service provided by Concorde and I got a call today from TATA. I was connected to the CRM at Concorde ECR and I explained to him the issues that I have faced with the service. He assured me that he will try his level best to sort out all the issues and also gave his mobile number. He has asked me to call him when I visit Chennai next and come over to the SC to get the issues fixed. I don't know whether it will be worth it to head over to the SC again .

Also, I gave him a general feedback to improve the customer experience at the SC. Asked him to get some FIAT brochures and posters and put them in the SC so that FIAT owners will not feel that they are visiting a TATA only SC .

This has been a good positive response from FIAT so far. Let's see how it goes. I will reserve my judgement till the end.
Old 18th January 2011, 10:42   #52
BHPian

Question Coolant level

Within 2 months of ownership, the coolant level went down below min level. Topped up with distilled water and gave the car for 1st service. Asked the SC to check the issue. They reported back saying there was no leakage or anything else wrong with the coolant reservoir. A few days back, I checked the coolant level again and it is somewhere between min and max. The car has done 3500+ kms now.

A few queries to fellow punters:
  1. What could be the reason for the coolant level going down, if leakage is ruled out?
  2. Is this normal? What is the coolant level in your cars?
  3. Is topping up with distilled water fine as a temporary measure, in case the coolant goes below min level?
Old 18th January 2011, 16:00   #53
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Coolant level

Quote:
Within 2 months of ownership, the coolant level went down below min level. Topped up with distilled water and gave the car for 1st service. Asked the SC to check the issue. They reported back saying there was no leakage or anything else wrong with the coolant reservoir. A few days back, I checked the coolant level again and it is somewhere between min and max. The car has done 3500+ kms now.

A few queries to fellow punters:
  1. What could be the reason for the coolant level going down, if leakage is ruled out?
  2. Is this normal? What is the coolant level in your cars?
  3. Is topping up with distilled water fine as a temporary measure, in case the coolant goes below min level?
Hi Praz,
Topping up with water for emergencies is absolutely fine. Have you noticed any drops under your car in the parking? Wet patches? If you find any, then the coolant is leaking.

Check if the caps are fitting properly on the radiator and coolant reservoir. The water might be evaporating out from them IMO. - Its a wild guess. I may be wrong.

Cheers.
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 21:40   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Hi Praz,
Have you noticed any drops under your car in the parking? Wet patches? If you find any, then the coolant is leaking.

Cheers.
Not always. That can be water dripping from the a/c drain tube also. check if there is any leakage which is colored, that can be coolant./ Neverthless get your car checked thoroughly at TASC
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 16:57   #55
BHPian

Quote:
I have complained to the FIAT customer service regarding my experience. Let's see how they respond. I will take the name of the SA from you and check out TAFE reach for the second service.

You are welcome to have a look at the seat covers. I will be in Chennai from 26th-30th of Jan. BTW, which part of Chennai are you put up at?
I'm keeping my fingers crossed to know your experience this time. But don't expect a sea change in their attitude, the fact is they are running short of man power, and with the closing of OMR service station, their woes have just gotten worse.

Btw, I'm put up in Royapuram.
Old 20th January 2011, 08:56   #56
BHPian

Quote:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed to know your experience this time. But don't expect a sea change in their attitude, the fact is they are running short of man power, and with the closing of OMR service station, their woes have just gotten worse.

Let's see what they can do. I am put up in Velachery. I think I will be taking the car to service center next Thursday. I will be free on saturday, provided I get the car on Friday. Do let me know your avalability and also suggest a place where we can meet.
Old 20th January 2011, 11:16   #57
BHPian

Quote:

I'm surprised, why would they close the OMR service station. Everytime I visit there it's crowded and it's the same case for Ambattur. VST has always been crowded, I haven't had any experience with TAFE Reach so far. I thought they should open additional service centers because everyone looks overloaded there.
teky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 12:39   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Let's see what they can do. I am put up in Velachery. I think I will be taking the car to service center next Thursday. I will be free on saturday, provided I get the car on Friday. Do let me know your avalability and also suggest a place where we can meet.
Ok. I too am available on saturday. I'm thinking of meeting in Marina on saturday morning. Mostly the bi-lane should be empty to drive each other's car. Let me know if you have alternate suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post
I'm surprised, why would they close the OMR service station. Everytime I visit there it's crowded and it's the same case for Ambattur. VST has always been crowded, I haven't had any experience with TAFE Reach so far. I thought they should open additional service centers because everyone looks overloaded there.
Teky, even I didn't check whether OMR service station is closed or not. I got this piece of info from one of the SAs in Concorde, ECR.
Old 23rd January 2011, 15:21   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Not always. That can be water dripping from the a/c drain tube also. check if there is any leakage which is colored, that can be coolant./ Neverthless get your car checked thoroughly at TASC
Yap agreed, I forgot to mention about the colour and AC drain..
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 22:06   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Ok. I too am available on saturday. I'm thinking of meeting in Marina on saturday morning. Mostly the bi-lane should be empty to drive each other's car. Let me know if you have alternate suggestions.
Done. We will meet in Marina on Saturday morning. I will PM you my mobile number and you can share yours in reply to the same. I will let you know in advance if there is any change in this. Looking forward to the meet!!