Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th December 2010, 23:45   #1
BHPian

Default Il mio fantastico "Stallion Nero" FIAT Linea !

It means: My fantastic “Black Stallion” FIAT Linea !
Finally Linea is in my FIAT stable to give me miles and miles of happiness. It deserves in "Ownership review". We don't buy a FIAT, we own it.
And its a 4th generation FIAT in India delivered to a 3rd generation of FIAT family!!!
Beautiful n killer look ! Rugged but silent engine!! The most beautiful car ever from FIAT !!! My heart beats with FIAT Linea !!!
Fiat&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2010, 23:54   #2
BHPian

Default A small photosession !!

A small photosession done on sunday. It really looks beautiful from every angle. A most beautiful 'Italian babe' in my apartment.
Neighbour's envy ! Owner's pride!!
Attached Thumbnails
Il mio fantastico "Stallion Nero" FIAT Linea !-linea-1.jpg  

Il mio fantastico "Stallion Nero" FIAT Linea !-linea2.jpg  

Il mio fantastico "Stallion Nero" FIAT Linea !-linea-3.jpg  

Il mio fantastico "Stallion Nero" FIAT Linea !-linea-4.jpg  

Il mio fantastico "Stallion Nero" FIAT Linea !-linea-5.jpg  

Il mio fantastico "Stallion Nero" FIAT Linea !-linea-6.jpg  

Il mio fantastico "Stallion Nero" FIAT Linea !-linea-7.jpg  

Il mio fantastico "Stallion Nero" FIAT Linea !-linea-8.jpg  

Il mio fantastico "Stallion Nero" FIAT Linea !-linea-9.jpg  

Il mio fantastico "Stallion Nero" FIAT Linea !-linea-018.jpg  

Old 8th December 2010, 23:58   #3
BANNED

Default Re: Il mio fantastico "Stallion Nero" FIAT Linea !

Congrats on the Linea. She looks gorgeous!!! Fourth FIAT in family?!! This is awesome!!

Do drive carefully during the run-in and change the oil after 1k kms!

Did you notice that new Dynamic Linea don't have the door pattis!!

Do post some pics of Linea and Blue Fiat too.

Last edited by COUNSEL : 9th December 2010 at 00:10.
COUNSEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 00:13   #4
BHPian

Thanx Counsel,
Ya its a 4th FIAT in my family since my grandfather.
1. FIAT 1100 (1962-1969)- sold
2. Padmini 1987 till date
3. FIAT Uno- (1999-2004)-sold
4. FIAT Linea -2010
Old 9th December 2010, 00:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new purchase. Boy, there are quite a few new purchases these days. Anyways, enjoy her, and drive safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNSEL View Post
Fourth FIAT in family?!! This is awesome!!
My neighbour says 'Once a Fiat, always a Fiat". She too moved from various FIATS including the Padmini, 118NE, 1.6 L UNO and currently she has the GTX.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 01:29   #6
BHPian

Default Improved A.S.S. of FIAT. They deserve the 2nd position in JD Power survey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
My neighbour says 'Once a Fiat, always a Fiat". She too moved from various FIATS including the Padmini, 118NE, 1.6 L UNO and currently she has the GTX.
Thanx Prince!
My first hand experience of After sales from FIAT. It was really warming and charming. Plz read

After taking delivery, immed. on next day I heard some scratching/grinding noise from front right wheel. This noise was there till i touched the main road. Then it again started coming after entering my off. campus. The noise was coming only during minor/major right turns . It was coming w/o applying brake. So on 3rd day evening i went to showroom and asked SA to take test drive. But unfortunately becoz of traffic noise he could not notice. He requested me to drive for 2/3 days, and come back if it still persists. it was there and everyday i was hearing only in comparatively silent places.

In 2nd week again i called him and requested him to come to my office. He came and took a test drive but unfortunately this time also noise did'nt come. (may be i drove vehicle in off for 10-12 kms) But still he believed me and agreed to send car to service enter(not attched to showroom). On next day morning again i called him to my house and asked him to take out the vehicle from my apartment and drove upto highway. Fortunaltely the noise started coming and he also noticed.

He booked the date in service center and asked me to come to showroom on next day. Driver was waitng and he send the driver to drop me in office and then send the vehicle to service center. On the same day evening after wheel allignment and greasing of front right wheel, vehicle was ready and delivered back to showroom but i cld not collect. 2nd day he called me and asked for deleivery at my office. But i have politely refused (this is too much) and went to showroom and collected.
My first experience of FIAT After sales is really tooooooo gooooooooood. ( Forgotten that new car gave some minor problem)
Old 9th December 2010, 01:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Congrats!

I must say, yet another classic example for 'Once a FIATian, always a FIATian. Having said that, I congratulate you for being a proud owner of Fiat Linea

The title of your ownership thread was really confusing! Please upload more pictures of your drool material(read, Fiat Linea) and keep updating this thread.

Drive safe. Wish you a happy ownership and many many happy miles with your car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I guess you were referring to the 1.7 L Fiat Uno Diesel. Fiat had never launched a 1.6 L Fiat Uno.

It seems that you neighbor has got lot of stories to share with us. Ask her to join T-BHP.
Klub Class is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 08:11   #8
BHPian

Congratulating you for being a proud owner of Fiat Linea .She is beautiful. A suggestion please remove those ribbons , i had left them for a weeks time and now i have ribbon marks on my bonnet.
Ravi Yadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 22:41   #9
BHPian

Thanx Club Class and Ravi yadav!!!
@Club class:
In fact the title is in Italian saying
My= Il mio ;Fantastic=fantastico ; Black stallion = Stallion nero;FIAT Linea
@R Yadav
Oh thanx very much. I'l remove the ribbon immediately.
Old 9th December 2010, 23:55   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the car! Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete driving / ownership report on your car.

This thread is temporarily closed. Please PM me or report this post once you are ready to update this thread with a complete driving report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 22:38   #11
BHPian

Default Registration and 1st water wash

Dated 10Th Dec'10
Hi Teambhpians,
Today I have done 02 long pending things.
01.Registration
02.Water wash
Oddo has clocked almost 300 in 01 month. Maximum speed I could reach is 80km/hr. The stability of the car is really good. Especially turning at 80 is never felt. It really cruzes.But as compared to my friends petrol Honda city, i found cabin noise is little more. Actually engine is very silent but sealing of engine bay may be having minor leakages.
Back2RTO office again
As usual I was expecting at least 01 Linea/punto with me at RTO.
But unfortunately there was no FIAT . Out of approx 16-17 cars i was alone having Linea.But almost every 4 wheeler owner was coming to my car and looking in detail.It really gives different pleasure if someone appreciates your car.(I don't know how much true,if they really liked
then why taken other car in same segment?)
There were 01-Indica,01-Manza,02-Alto,01-swift,01-A star,02-i10,01-i20,01-verna,01-beat,01-Logan,01-figo,01-fabia,01-polo and 01-FIAT Linea
After registration I went to nearby water serivicing center. Since delivery I have driven the car in rain for almost 100 kms, there were lot of mud stains sticked inside mudguard. Also for 2-3 days 01 rear window left open by mistake, so lot of dust entered inside. But the washing center was so pathetic, I asked him not to touch the car but only do water wash and remove the mud stains. (no shampoo/no wiping with his clothes) after the complete wash I have given my cotton cloth for final dry wiping. Color quality of the car is also very good. There is no water sticking to it. Also shine is very good. It literally glitters and you can see your image on boot cover.
I could not take photos in RTO, but taken snaps with mobilecam during washing and then in my parking .
Attached Thumbnails
Il mio fantastico "Stallion Nero" FIAT Linea !-img0124a_a.jpg  

Il mio fantastico "Stallion Nero" FIAT Linea !-img0128a_a.jpg  

Old 25th January 2011, 00:00   #12
BHPian

Smile Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiat&Me View Post
Dated 10Th Dec'10
(I don't know how much true,if they really liked then why taken other car in same segment?)
That's the herd frame of mind (mentality sounded derogatory) that we keep talking and hearing on the forum as well. People are scared of FIAT and even if they know it's one of the best car manufacturers. Anyways lets keep those things out of your thread atleast.
Black looks stunning to say the least. Congrats on your LINEA.
Please keep us posted on the first few KMS drive, I know you wouldn't have had much time to enjoy it just within the city. Plan for a nice HW drive and post the experience.
And along with that were there any perks that you got for the Dynamic, any dealer options, freebies, etc.

Congrats again on your LINEA.
AvinashKeezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 23:14   #13
BHPian

Thanx Avinash.
Yes I got 1 year free insurance, floor mats and mudguards from dealer.
He also gave 01 free coupon for Teflon coating with 6 months guarantee and thereafter Rs 2500/- for each coating.
But after reading thread of Teflon coating I have decided not to go for at least 01 year. For 2nd year I'l use some good quality body spary and then may in 3rd year I'l go for it. Not sure.

Dated 25th Dec'10
Recently removed the yellow stripes on the bonet after friend's suggestion. Otherwise if we keep for long time it gives mark on bonet because of dust trap below it. Also after water wash it remains wet for long period. Same suggestion to all.
Clocked around 650 kms in 1.5 months. I keep watching approx position of needle when the amber lamp of low fuel starts glowing, note the oddo reading and fill exact 10 ltrs, FE is around 13-14 km/ltr in city condition. On highway definately it'l be around 15-16.
Old 27th January 2011, 21:53   #14
BHPian

Dated 2nd Jan'11
Hi Teambhp Guys,
So finally after 6 weeks the Linea of my friend arrived. He waited for almost 01 month for black color. Finally he decided to go for white, changed the booking and after 02 weeks, White Linea is delivered.
So there are 02 Lineas in my office now. And literally when we parked near to each other, everyday we see minimum 2-3 persons coming near car, looking from all directions and discussing. At every place people appriciate the look, finish n style of our cars.
Jai ho FIAT Linea!!!! Its a different class!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Il mio fantastico "Stallion Nero" FIAT Linea !-img0139a.jpg  

Old 27th January 2011, 23:47   #15
BHPian

Wow.. that's a fantastic looking car in black. I can imagine how black and white lineas parked next to each other would look - awesome! And the FE in city seems too good for 1.4 petrol.

Congratulations on the car. Could you please post the price breakup and some interior pics of your beauty?
SMK_BLR is offline   Reply With Quote