Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2011, 19:36   #91
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,738
Thanked: 3,128 Times
Default Re: The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story

Few things observed.

1) Rattle sound from the left portion of the car. Probably something to do with the height adjuster of the passenger seat belt.
2) Lock button of the remote feels hard now. Finding it difficult to lock the car. Have to press really hard to lock it. No problem with the "Unlock", "Boot release" and "Window open/close".

Anyone noticed these?

Also, came to see the real performance of the Vento yesterday. Head to head with ANHC. Vento's pickup is tremendous. The ANHC tried it's level best to match Vento's performance, but no luck. Tried this at min 4 signals.

Note:- This never involved rash driving. Just the initial acceleration
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 21:01   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
adimicra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,558
Thanked: 1,058 Times
Default Re: The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

Also, came to see the real performance of the Vento yesterday. Head to head with ANHC. Vento's pickup is tremendous. The ANHC tried it's level best to match Vento's performance, but no luck. Tried this at min 4 signals.

Note:- This never involved rash driving. Just the initial acceleration
As per the reviews, the ANHC should be faster in the outright initial acceleration. Where Vento scores is the in-gear acceleration where it outguns the ANHC and any other car in the category.
May be the ANHC driver is not a TBHP member
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 10:30   #93
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,738
Thanked: 3,128 Times
Default Re: The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
As per the reviews, the ANHC should be faster in the outright initial acceleration. Where Vento scores is the in-gear acceleration where it outguns the ANHC and any other car in the category.
May be the ANHC driver is not a TBHP member

No idea about that. He was showing off with his acceleration for a couple of times, then I decided to show mine. He was definitely trying to outrun the vento at every signal but never succeeded. Saw a couple of wheel spins from him during the initial acceleration but Vento took off without any wheel spins. And I can definitely say that the initial acceleration is something to look at.!
Amazing pickup.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 10:41   #94
BHPian
 
raghu230506's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 766
Thanked: 63 Times
Default Re: The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

No idea about that. He was showing off with his acceleration for a couple of times, then I decided to show mine. He was definitely trying to outrun the vento at every signal but never succeeded. Saw a couple of wheel spins from him during the initial acceleration but Vento took off without any wheel spins. And I can definitely say that the initial acceleration is something to look at.!
Amazing pickup.
Torque is the reason, 250@1500 on Vento compared to 146@4600 is the reason.
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2011, 16:00   #95
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 15
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
i got velvet seats the same week. did not remove the plastic at all since i knew this was gonna happen. leather is just not for india in the heat. you need to have ac on full time which in my case is not possible at all times as im a sunroof person i like open things in night
Sunroof
Pic please
  1. What brand ?
  2. Time ?
  3. Fit / finish ?
  4. How much on pocket ?
  5. Car Warranty ?
jain_sanjayp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 09:33   #96
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,738
Thanked: 3,128 Times
Default Re: The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story

Guys, as many of you know I had few problems with my car last week and gave my car for checkup this weekend. Took delivery of my car yesterday.

First, it was the loud sound that came from the front discs. The mechanic had some hard time finding the fault. He couldnt come to a conclusion. He said its something to do with the discs and had a doubt whether it's a small piece of stone that made the noise. He cleaned the brakes, brake liner and changed the fluids. Did some runs to make sure that it was cleared. Then after removing all of them, he was able to clear the sound (Although the cause was never to be found).

The next problem was the remote. The SA checked with the remote and said it's definitely something wrong with the remote. He replaced the batteries and asked me to check for few days. If the problem still happens, he said he would replace the key free of cost.

Will have a long drive tonight to check the vehicle. Will update the status.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 10:41   #97
Distinguished - BHPian
 
volkman10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 10,056
Thanked: 15,563 Times
Default Re: The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story

Good to know some kind of fix has resolved the issue. The last thing is that it should not be attributed to quality issues.
Any update as you have mentioned would boost the confidence of prospective VW owners!

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 13:21   #98
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,738
Thanked: 3,128 Times
Default Re: The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Good to know some kind of fix has resolved the issue. The last thing is that it should not be attributed to quality issues.
Any update as you have mentioned would boost the confidence of prospective VW owners!

Cheers!
Although I was kind of irritated with the problem even though the car is pretty new, I was glad they were able to fix the issue. Also, they were kind enough to check the car in detail and made sure that the problem would be resolved. Moreover I got everything checked and resolved free of charge.

I would say that their service is excellent and know what they are doing. These guys know the mind of the customer and they themselves think from that situation.

To sum things short, am completely satisfied with VW and their service and hope this will continue forever. If everything goes as planned, they can be one of the best in India. Vento beating the city in the sales margin is something that is about to come.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 13:40   #99
Distinguished - BHPian
 
volkman10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 10,056
Thanked: 15,563 Times
Default Re: The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Vento beating the city in the sales margin is something that is about to come.
Guess seeing the already published March sales figures, Vento is now the King of the C segment! Hope you have seen it.


Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 01:32   #100
Senior - BHPian
 
S2!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,810
Thanked: 9,104 Times
Default Re: The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story

@ naveen.raju => Its really good to see that you are enjoying your Vento but what is greater is your optimism when you say "To sum things short, am completely satisfied with VW and their service and hope this will continue forever" and "I should say that, after visiting several service stations of Maruti and Ford, VW is the best till date".
You compare the service of VW to that of Maruti and think its better? Wow. I never thought anyone would make such a bold statement. Infact several people on this very forum (including me) have criticised VW, India for wearing the "we don't care" attitude and in comparison its the Maruti's "customer is king" attitude that has made its win over the heart of Indians and was the very reason that I cancelled my booking for the Polo and went ahead to buy the Ritz.That was in respect of the sales part.
As far as the service goes I have had really good experiences with Marutis and I would rate their service experience very highly. A good friend of mine had a very horrid experience with VW for his Vento d TL and though we all admit that it is a fantastic car, its the company which is letting it down (A.S.S included).
Just a quick question. We all know that Maruti gives you 3 free services and so do several other manufacturers. What about VW?? There are people on other threads who are shocked to see what is coming their way during the first service.
I really hope that you have pleasant experiences with VW, India. Wishing you many happy miles.
S2!!! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 07:26   #101
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,195 Times
Default Re: The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story

@S2- so what's your point? Is that just because your friend had an unfortunate service experience with VW, naveenraju is not allowed to have a positive opinion of them based on his own first experience?

Almost all the Vento owners on the forum have had substandard buying experiences. Hence optimism about the service experience is only to be expected!
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 10:52   #102
BHPian
 
evilshantanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 523
Thanked: 212 Times
Default Re: The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story

I totally agree with noopster.

@S2: just for the record, I had pathetic A.S.S. experience at Maruti service centers, everytime I used to go to get my Swift serviced, they used to spoil one or the other things. Apart from that, inspite of my repeated telling them , I often used to find grease and engine oil stains on the seats and carpet. on the other hand it looks like you had a mind blowing and awesome experience there, so all these things are relative, you see. Nobody is perfect in A.S.S and TBHP is one of the very few places where we get genuine feedback and recommendations (just like naveen's)

@naveenraju: this is a very good sign, VW are not only selling cars in good quantities, but also improving things in their network. They are surely here to stay
evilshantanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 11:56   #103
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,738
Thanked: 3,128 Times
Default Re: The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
@ naveen.raju => Its really good to see that you are enjoying your Vento but what is greater is your optimism when you say "To sum things short, am completely satisfied with VW and their service and hope this will continue forever" and "I should say that, after visiting several service stations of Maruti and Ford, VW is the best till date".
You compare the service of VW to that of Maruti and think its better? Wow. I never thought anyone would make such a bold statement. Infact several people on this very forum (including me) have criticised VW, India for wearing the "we don't care" attitude and in comparison its the Maruti's "customer is king" attitude that has made its win over the heart of Indians and was the very reason that I cancelled my booking for the Polo and went ahead to buy the Ritz.That was in respect of the sales part.
As far as the service goes I have had really good experiences with Marutis and I would rate their service experience very highly. A good friend of mine had a very horrid experience with VW for his Vento d TL and though we all admit that it is a fantastic car, its the company which is letting it down (A.S.S included).
Just a quick question. We all know that Maruti gives you 3 free services and so do several other manufacturers. What about VW?? There are people on other threads who are shocked to see what is coming their way during the first service.
I really hope that you have pleasant experiences with VW, India. Wishing you many happy miles.
Well, to make things simple am not blaming any manufacturers here. I have personal experiences with Maruti, Ford and VW. All running quite well now. I have had horrible experiences with Maruti. Every time I go for a service, they mess up atleast one thing. It's still happening. And I see atleast one customer arguing everytime I go there. Not blaming Maruti here
(cos I drive a Swift also), might be because of the dealer. The same problem I experienced with Ford. But now, they are much better.

As for the VW, these guys know what the customer is looking after. Even though I fought with them a lot because of the slow delivery, they still do a very good job. Yes, Maruti offers free service intervals, but VW indirectly does that. Even though the first service is at 15,000kms, I have taken my car there thrice. They topped engine oil and brake fluid and even washed and waxed my car free of cost. I know they do these to mark their place in the Indian market but they surely deserve it. They go in for quality and not quantity. So, as of now I truly believe that VW is doing a good job. Atleast from my experience here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@S2- so what's your point? Is that just because your friend had an unfortunate service experience with VW, naveenraju is not allowed to have a positive opinion of them based on his own first experience?

Almost all the Vento owners on the forum have had substandard buying experiences. Hence optimism about the service experience is only to be expected!
True. I totally agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
I totally agree with noopster.

@S2: just for the record, I had pathetic A.S.S. experience at Maruti service centers, everytime I used to go to get my Swift serviced, they used to spoil one or the other things. Apart from that, inspite of my repeated telling them , I often used to find grease and engine oil stains on the seats and carpet. on the other hand it looks like you had a mind blowing and awesome experience there, so all these things are relative, you see. Nobody is perfect in A.S.S and TBHP is one of the very few places where we get genuine feedback and recommendations (just like naveen's)

@naveenraju: this is a very good sign, VW are not only selling cars in good quantities, but also improving things in their network. They are surely here to stay
Quality and not quantity. That's what VW is after. This can be definitely seen in the latest sales figures where the Vento overtook City. Am sure, VW is here to stay and will make a bug impact with their lineup.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 15:12   #104
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 175
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
To sum things short, am completely satisfied with VW and their service and hope this will continue forever. If everything goes as planned, they can be one of the best in India. Vento beating the city in the sales margin is something that is about to come.
Its really reassuring that the service experience is good. Especially, after all our bad pre-sales experiences.

Btw, I'd prefer a situation where I do not have to go for service (except scheduled services) irrespective of whether the service is good or bad!!
motorhead5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 15:17   #105
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,738
Thanked: 3,128 Times
Default Re: The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Its really reassuring that the service experience is good. Especially, after all our bad pre-sales experiences.

Btw, I'd prefer a situation where I do not have to go for service (except scheduled services) irrespective of whether the service is good or bad!!
Yes, since the pre sale experience is bad, they are making it up during the after sales service. A general checkup before the first sevrice would be good since it's after 15000 kms.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
White VW Vento Highline TDI: 61,000 kms / 4th service report nikesh Long-Term Ownership Reviews 26 13th January 2014 13:29
Volkswagen Vento Highline TDI : Ownership review ASTRIKX Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 23 13th June 2011 11:29
Vento TDI highline otherside of the Story Urban Nomad Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 1 15th March 2011 16:24
VW Vento Highline TDI in Reflex Silver (Initial report) msd63 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 67 16th November 2010 01:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks