Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th December 2010, 13:57   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Test Drive: Nissan Micra 1.5 DCi

Excellent review, Micra Petrol offered lot more features and of course the NISSAN badge gave an initial sales volume. Again the price was in the right bracket. They have failed to do the same for the Diesel time will prove this.
rajtheindian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 14:00   #32
Team-BHP Support

This car gets thumbs down from me. Firstly it is overpriced, then it is not as involving to drive as Swift, Figo and Punto, it lacks the ride and handling finesse of other cars available at this price, the Engine though very good at driveability is not good for enthusiasts, the basic safety features like ABS and Airbags are missing, the service centres are non existent in comparison to well established competition and it looks like a ugly toad in the company of Punto, Polo, Swift and i20.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 14:02   #33
BHPian

I had been to the Nissan showroom here in Chennai to check out the Micra and absence of a passenger side Airbag and ABS was the deal breaker for me. I mentioned as such to the sales person and in the feedback form. Nissan made a big mistake in compromising on the safety features especially at this price point.
chennai-indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 10:43   #34
Senior - BHPian

Just got a call from the dealer. When asked for absence of key equipment levels, their reply was dumbfounded..

"Sir, The price is low so these features have been taken off. You don't require ABS on a car with 15" wheels and with just 64 hp."

I had no option but to cut the call.
sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 13:01   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Ridiculous. As much as I love those curves, that winking Micra has to be off my list until equipment levels improve.

VW's behaviour and Nissan's equipment list are forcing me to consider promoting Ford to my what-would-I-buy-tomorrow-if-I-could list. That Figo is also a very nice-looking car.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 16:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Just got a call from the dealer. When asked for absence of key equipment levels, their reply was dumbfounded..

"Sir, The price is low so these features have been taken off. You don't require ABS on a car with 15" wheels and with just 64 hp."

I had no option but to cut the call.
Pardon me for this but I wish cutting his throat was an option too !
15" wheel cars dont require ABS...wow. You should have asked him where he got this law from !
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 17:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Looks like my Micra may get some company on T-bhp soon! But its price is not justified. And that too considering that they are not offering the same safety features as the top end petrol model. Good review anyways.
W.A.G.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 18:14   #38
Senior - BHPian

Will wait to see who buys the Diesel Micra first on Team-BHP. Will like to go through their ownership thread to know why they shelled out cash for a car missing out on essential features. Till now I have not been able to find any reason.
download2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 19:30   #39
Team-BHP Support

This is a really nice looking car and the keyless go and turbolag-free diesel option really make it an appealing city rider. I can even live with the "wafer thin network" since there is one just down the road from my home!

But no ABS and airbags is just unforgiveable. Nissan *has* to realise that safety features are not something the urban professional is willing to compromise on, especially given that the end-users in this case may well be women and kids. Big fail!
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 19:39   #40
Senior - BHPian

Over priced and under featured (no ABS + airbags on the top end too ? ) -- Nissan India has been smoking pot when deciding on the diesel for India.

Still it's a diesel and is frugal with a Japanese name, let's see how the taxi market takes to it.

For me it's a flop already.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 19:44   #41
Senior - BHPian

+1 to the overpriced and underfeatured bits. With this level of equipment, it should have been priced much lesser. I think the much talked about turning radius is 4.5. IIRC the turning radius of the Figo is 4.9. Not much of a difference there I would say? I would lean more toward the Figo too, seems a VFM buy
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 21:23   #42
BHPian

i really don't understand what was Nissan thinking, they price the car higher than the competition and then remove a few critical features provided in the petrol variant.
may be they want to keep the car sales to a minimum in keeping with their minimalist service network
the market leaders in the diesel hatchback segment the swift and the figo wont let the micra's roll off the showroom floors easy with the value they both provide.
superboy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 10:39   #43
BHPian

Worst torque & bhp figures for the Engine capacity, Hope they give us a sports version.
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 11:33   #44
BHPian

I think Nissan got carried away by the initial response they got from the Petrol Micra. Quite disappointed to see the safety features missing at this price tag. Also with a love it or hate it kind of looks and nothing great to talk about in the engine or ride/handling part, the sales figures are going to drop after the honeymoon period IMO.
arunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2010, 19:48   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
If outright fun to drive factor in a diesel hatch is high on priority, then its punto that's leagues ahead, followed by figo and closely followed my micra DCI.
I don't think there is much to choose btwn Punto and Figo. I somehow feel figo is more agile and with the minimal turbo lag a delight to drive.
What blunts the Punto's performance is the above average weight and the annoying turbo lag. IMHO Figo is as much fun as the Punto if not more.
Micra with this kind of handling (Petrol version I have driven) is miles away. If you are considering fun to drive Handling is as important as power. Don't you think?
oxyzen is offline   Reply With Quote