Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th December 2010, 17:01   #16
BHPian

Default Re: 9000 KM update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
You can change the songs using the controls on the Blaupunkt Head Unit. But, the controls on the HU won't work if you're playing the songs from a USB device.

So, I assume that you're playing the songs from a pendrive.
You got it right Klub Class i am playing songs from a USB and every trip i am getting this complaint from my better half.

Regarding the reverse assembly i went to KHT motors Bangalore and their reply was to change the entire bumper!! Also they claimed that bumper is available only in black color and it requires painting!!
Can any one confirm this?

Klub Class as you suggested i might glue it back to the bumper
speedKrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2010, 17:07   #17
BHPian

Default Re: The zoo zoo saga - Fiat Punto 90 HP Bossa Nova White

I Confirm this. The bumpers on Punto (On any car for this matter) come only in black. They get painted in the service stations. Same holds good for door handles, ORVMS as well.
vidyasagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2010, 17:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 9000 KM update

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedKrazy View Post
You got it right Klub Class i am playing songs from a USB and every trip i am getting this complaint from my better half.
I can imagine how bad it can be. And yes, we're in same boat! I always end up fighting with my dad, when he change the songs without my permission.

PS: Yes, I'm yet to drive legally.

Quote:
Regarding the reverse assembly i went to KHT motors Bangalore and their reply was to change the entire bumper!! Also they claimed that bumper is available only in black color and it requires painting!!
Can any one confirm this?
I don't think that you need to change the entire bumper to get it fixed. IIRC, the reverse light assembly can be bought separately.If you don't mind, can you please upload the pictures of the rear bumper?

Some years back, we had a Fiat Palio at home. The OVRMs were available only in black color at that time. We had to get the OVRM painted silver when it was knocked down by another vehicle. Thus I feel that KHT motors is right on that part.

Let me ask - What made the reverse light assembly to get loose?

Last edited by Klub Class : 29th December 2010 at 17:10.
Klub Class is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2010, 13:18   #19
BHPian

As far as i remember the car was not rear ended.i noticed it when i was cleaning the car.come one would have hit it while parking the car not sure though.There are no visible signs in the rear bumper too.
Old 2nd February 2011, 20:02   #20
BHPian

Default 10 K update

So here is the update from my side.

This week end our punto has completed 10k and current reading is 11k.Thanks to the weekend trip to kerala and back.

Some observations.

A minor rattle from the glow box,does not bothering me much since i always drive with music on and its not that audible when music is playing.

Magic carper ride,The car gives you a magic carpet ride over bad patches.Driving my old Zen and punto over the same road made me realize the cars ability to handle the bad patches.

Diesel rulez, I am contently getting mileage around 20km/l when driven reasonably in highways.I have taken the car for occasional sprints to 160 kmph otherwise sticking to 100 kmph.

Roll on acceleration,Agreed that punto has one of the worst 0-100 timings but when it comes to roll on acceleration i think it would easily stay on top of most of the hatchbacks.
Old 2nd February 2011, 21:16   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post
I Confirm this. The bumpers on Punto (On any car for this matter) come only in black. They get painted in the service stations. Same holds good for door handles, ORVMS as well.
Bumpers, OVRM and Door handles which come fitted to cars are factory painted. Only Spare parts are which are fitted in case of accidental repair come unpainted and are painted at bodyshop.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2011, 21:27   #22
BHPian

Hey SpeedKrazy, nice to read your updates on the Punto. Just wanted to know what is the mileage that you are getting in city now?

Also could you let me know what sort of offers Concorde offered over RF? I too am planning on booking my Punto from Cochin soon & would like to know your experience with the dealers.
neil.jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 09:59   #23
BHPian

Thanks anushuman for confirming it again

Neil,
I booked my Punto from Concorde Cochin.I checked up with both the dealers and Concorde was the one to give me more freebies.
RF assured me to give a free amp out and floor mats and sun film
but from Concorde i got

Under body coating (3M with 5 years warranty).
Sun film.
Floor mats.
Steering cover.
Teflon coating

also they gave me a corporate bonus of 9k and a exchange bonus of 5k
apart from the then offer free extended warranty.

I felt this a good offer since i took the car soon after 90 HP launch.
I feel both the facilities are good just that i got some more offers from Concorde,Both got dedicate representative for FIAT and they are quite knowledgeable about the products.

Regarding Mileage.I drive from Bommanahalli to itpl and i manage to get around 14-15 to the when driven lightly else it would drop to 13 kmpl.The max i was able to achieve was 18 kmpl.
Old 3rd February 2011, 14:09   #24
BHPian

Thanks for the info. I spoke to the sales guy at Concorde today, they are offering free insurance, road side warranty and extended warranty. Will go to them on saturday and see what else I can wriggle out of them / how much they can bring the price down.
Old 3rd February 2011, 17:12   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Thanks for the info. I spoke to the sales guy at Concorde today, they are offering free insurance, road side warranty and extended warranty. Will go to them on saturday and see what else I can wriggle out of them / how much they can bring the price down.
Are they giving this offer for 2011 or 2010 models?
rameshnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 23:29   #26
BHPian

Its for the 2011 models. This scheme has just come to the dealers in February. Apparently you can avail of this offer for a charge of Rs 3000, if you are a good customer you can get them to knock it off. I did! Good I waited for a month !
Old 11th March 2011, 09:26   #27
BHPian

Default 13k update

Hi guys a small update after a long gap...

Car has completed 13k now and here are some observations.

=> Car has smoothened a lot and now its opened up(comment from a friend who drove the car after long time).

=> Mileage improved a bit now it stands at 16 kmpl in full city & on 100% AC.

=> Cooling of AC has come down now it takes more time to cool the whole cabin. Seems its due for service

=> Engine oil still over the minimum mark; Expected a top up before 2nd service which i believe is not required.

=> Rear left door alignment has some issues its making some metallic sound when closed.

=> A clip has come out from the dashboard but fortunately no rattles

=> Couldn't install Eco drive its giving USB 10 error.Seems the blue and me version is 5.4 and didn't find eco drive compatible for 5.4 version any help in this highly appreciated.

If i am not wrong the blue and me would be a windows mobile/Windows CE OS can we install any other application in blue and me box?

drive safe...
Arun
Old 11th March 2011, 10:04   #28
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 13k update

Quote:

=> Rear left door alignment has some issues its making some metallic sound when closed.

=> Couldn't install Eco drive its giving USB 10 error.Seems the blue and me version is 5.4 and didn't find eco drive compatible for 5.4 version any help in this highly appreciated.

If i am not wrong the blue and me would be a windows mobile/Windows CE OS can we install any other application in blue and me box?

drive safe...
Arun
The EcoDrive does not work on Punto. I get the same error, while Linea guys are using it regularly.

I had the same kinds rattle in the left rear door. The service guys adjusted the lock and used some synthetic (I guess WD40) spary. Its a lot better now. This issue was only with this single door.
neoonwheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 00:54   #29
BHPian

Default Second service update

Hi guys,
Here i am again with yet another milestone in zoo zoo's life...

She has completed almost 14 k and our last outing to kadapa forced me to think that its been due for 2nd free service a whole 1000 kms ahead of schedule.
She was barely able to manage to cool the cabin at scorching sun at 41C and there was a dust smell from the AC.She was struggling to get breath when i pushed her hard and it seems to have a clogged air filter. Again since i didn't change oil during first service so i decided to give her a refreshment a bit earlier than schedule.

A appointment was taken at Diary circle Concorde, Bangalore for Friday.

I was there at service center by sharp 9 AM and already so many cars where queued up.The car was attended in 15 mins and they noted all the issues with the car.

A few of them where,
=> A minor rattling from the glove box
=> A broken/hanging Reverse light
=> Metallic noise from the left rear door
=> Small rattle from the boot.

also mentioned regarding the AC and pickup part which the advisor mentioned to be solved by changing air filter and oil change.

All these issues where noted and i was promised delivery on the same day evening 5 30.

To be honest i was not expecting neither a call on or before 5.30 nor the issues to be resolved.To my surprise at 5 PM i got a call asking me to take the delivery.On reaching the showroom my service adviser was there waiting for me and he took me to the car and explained me all the job card and its details.

She was neatly cleaned both interior and exterior and we went for a short test drive.She felt more responsive to throttle now and the ac started and cooling was much better and the foul smell was gone.A small rattle test was too done and now shes gliding over the pothholes without much fuss and noise.All the above mentioned issues where sorted out and rate Concord 9/10 for their prompt service.

All her refreshment process made me poorer by Ris 4927/- So what shes back rocking and fresher than ever before.
Attached Thumbnails
The zoo zoo saga - Fiat Punto 90 HP Bossa Nova White-bill-second-service.jpg  

Last edited by speedKrazy : 28th March 2011 at 00:58. Reason: missed service rating
Old 28th March 2011, 01:15   #30
BHPian

Default Re: 10 K update

Quote:
Diesel rulez, I am contently getting mileage around 20km/l when driven reasonably in highways.I have taken the car for occasional sprints to 160 kmph otherwise sticking to 100 kmph.
Hi speedKrazy,

Good to know that you are getting nearly 20kmpl on highways. I am looking forward to booking a Punto and was thinking of going for the 75bhp one because of FE. But if one can get these astonishing figures even on the 90bhp, then I think it is worth a thought.

Can you pls provide some more info on City FE, etc? This would help me in making a choice.

Thanks
SankalpDesai is offline   Reply With Quote