Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2012, 09:36   #481
BHPian
 
Sunilrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 764
Thanked: 536 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Shankar, I totally agree that building relationships will help in the long run. But what kind of relationship can one expect to build with someone when the first thing they tell you is a lie? Yes, they are in business and in it for the money. We too don't expect any charity from them. The dealer is selling a product and we are paying for it.

If the dealer misrepresents facts and is trying to sell off a defective product then there's no point in having any relationship at all. Will the dealer accept a defective payment instrument? When the deal is for a 2012 Yeti , the customer expects a 2012 Yeti. If he has a 2011 Yeti in stock then he should negotiate the deal on the basis of this fact. No point in building a relationship with someone who is trying to deceive you. All we expect are some ethics in business, that's all!
I fully Agree with you on this Santhosh. it is a 2011 in stock as shown from the decoded VIN and he keeps insisting that it is a 2012. i just asked him to show me how he would represent the model year in the RTO papers and he was like once the payment is made and deal is completed we will show you the papers. now this isnt the way business is done. why cant these dealers give a fair deal atleast to knowledgeable persons and be open than lieing blatantly?
Sunilrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 09:41   #482
BHPian
 
autoskooll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bombay, Poona
Posts: 72
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Thank you! From the instruction manual, I can see there are double sided tapes. Is that the only means to hold the fender to the arc? Are there any provision for screws? If it is just the tapes, the fenders may be prone to loosening when it hit any bush or obstacles.



Yes these are stick on plastic fenders. I checked them out before they went on. They had a clean inner surface. There were no provision for screws. Yes they do have a tendency to peel off or even being stolen. They don't just add aesthetic appeal but also protect those areas. I wanted the car to have a more off roady look from the beginning & felt that the wheel arch kit had to be fitted. They go pretty well with the front & real plastic bumpers. Its currently the most expensive accessory fitted to the car at 14990 INR.

These stick on accessories require sufficient curing time. For instance I've had this chrome boot lid trim fitted but half of it has already peeled off due to the weather.

Another thing, it is hard to tell from the photo, but does it gives a budge look to the car, in person?
No it doesn't .The thickness should be just around a cm or slightly more.
autoskooll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 10:01   #483
BHPian
 
autoskooll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bombay, Poona
Posts: 72
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Hi all i had a few queries, i got mine last week.

1.The front door card on the driver side vibrates when playing music. I never expected this from a Skoda. Did anyone else face such issues less than a week after delivery.

2.In the MFD under CONVENIENCE - DOORS, there are 2 options for DOORS. MANUAL & AUTOMATIC.
I figured what AUTOMATIC CLOSING DOORS are which is they are speed sensitive & the doors are automatically locked. But what is AUTOMATIC OPENING DOORS.

3.Has anyone unfortunately had their monograms stolen. How much are they for new ones? I live in close proximity to Mumbai & Pune which are two cities prone to this menace.
autoskooll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 10:53   #484
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,325 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat

Shankar, I totally agree that building relationships will help in the long run. But what kind of relationship can one expect to build with someone when the first thing they tell you is a lie? Yes, they are in business and in it for the money. We too don't expect any charity from them. The dealer is selling a product and we are paying for it.

If the dealer misrepresents facts and is trying to sell off a defective product then there's no point in having any relationship at all. Will the dealer accept a defective payment instrument? When the deal is for a 2012 Yeti , the customer expects a 2012 Yeti. If he has a 2011 Yeti in stock then he should negotiate the deal on the basis of this fact. No point in building a relationship with someone who is trying to deceive you. All we expect are some ethics in business, that's all!
Yes I agree that if they are seen to cheat, then the consumer should smash them in court or in whichever way!
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:15   #485
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,960
Thanked: 1,712 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Shankar, the fellow has got wind that i would be taking a car from Vinayak. he called me up and told me that if i purchase a car from vinayak he would deny service and not honour warranties. he claims that vinayak has been invading his territories and that he wont honour any service requirements of Vinayak customers!
Don't worry and go ahead with your purchase. He is a sales guy and wants to coerce you into buying a product from him, to make his margins.

Tomorrow when you go for service, there will be a service guy, who will want to make margins from the service charges that you will give him, profit on spares and money from those free service coupons that he will send to Skoda for servicing your car the first 3 times so he will entertain you.

Also, if you face a no from him/any dealer, one mail to Skoda will ensure very stringent action. Refusal to service/honor warranty is not taken very strictly by all manufacturers.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 16:54   #486
BHPian
 
Sunilrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 764
Thanked: 536 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
i am 200% sure that it is April 2011! The Tafe Manager is trying to make an a** out of me!
Now the Manager @ TAFE-MLR is cornered after i gave him ample proof that its a 2011 Vehicle along with a VIN Analysis. He calls me up today and informs me that discounts depend on the date of billing. if the billing was after Jan 1st 2012 then the discount on 2011 Vehicles is 1 Lakh and if it was before Jan 1st 2012 the Discount is in the range of 1.75 lakhs

have made up my mind now on Vinayaka. Plan to do an RTGS on 30th and Travel to Bangalore on 2nd August
Sunilrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 17:26   #487
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,325 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj

Now the Manager @ TAFE-MLR is cornered after i gave him ample proof that its a 2011 Vehicle along with a VIN Analysis. He calls me up today and informs me that discounts depend on the date of billing. if the billing was after Jan 1st 2012 then the discount on 2011 Vehicles is 1 Lakh and if it was before Jan 1st 2012 the Discount is in the range of 1.75 lakhs

have made up my mind now on Vinayaka. Plan to do an RTGS on 30th and Travel to Bangalore on 2nd August
I think that the TAFE boys need a solid kick in the pants.
Serves the right to lose maximum sales.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 23:50   #488
Senior - BHPian
 
deutscheafrikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai & Candolim
Posts: 1,155
Thanked: 316 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonhead View Post
yesterday onwards i noticed a slight play in the clutch :( There is 1/4th of the clutch freely depressing now ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This clutch problem of yours could be aThis clutch trouble of yours worries me though. Better get it checked before you go out of town. The last thing you want is your gears to seize up on account of fluid leakage.

I've noticed this on the Yeti last evening and then again today. The peadl wouldn't come back up and hence display didn't show what gear it was in. I figured somehting was strange and lifted the pedal up with my foot. Things seemed better but today realised the same problem occurs after sometime of not using the clutch i.e. driving in a higher gear for a while. Then when I reach a signal I depress the clutch and it feels strange cos the pedal doesn;t coem up and there's a lot of play. Play as much as 2 inches.This reduces if I pump the pedal a few times. Makes me believe that there is a problem in the clutch master cylinder.
Anyone have this same problem?
Cheers
deutscheafrikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 06:51   #489
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,325 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar

I've noticed this on the Yeti last evening and then again today. The peadl wouldn't come back up and hence display didn't show what gear it was in. I figured somehting was strange and lifted the pedal up with my foot. Things seemed better but today realised the same problem occurs after sometime of not using the clutch i.e. driving in a higher gear for a while. Then when I reach a signal I depress the clutch and it feels strange cos the pedal doesn;t coem up and there's a lot of play. Play as much as 2 inches.This reduces if I pump the pedal a few times. Makes me believe that there is a problem in the clutch master cylinder.
Anyone have this same problem?
Cheers
I have not come across this at all. Have driven in high gear for long periods when on the highways but I have not faced this.
In the city, I drive in the correct gear as far as possible but conserve the clutch as much as possible by shoving the vehicle in neutral and foot off the clutch when in thick traffic halts. I don't generally keep the clutch depressed and the vehicle in gear when in stand still traffic or even at a traffic light, much preferring to engage first gear only when the lights change and then move away.
I have used this technique so far with all my vehicles and find that the clutch generally lasts much much longer.
Hope that trend continues in the Yeti too.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 09:58   #490
BHPian
 
pramods's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 873
Thanked: 397 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Done a Nagpur-Pune-Nagpur, 1450KM in total, this time while coming back I was all alone for the 700KM and used the Yeti available bhp and torque, got the average speed of 70km/hr and reached Nagpur in 10hrs drive time and 11 hrs end to end time, FE of 13.8km/l. This is first time I have driven Yeti like this and the power is addictive, I usually drive sedately and don't accelerate fast, but this time things were different and Yeti looked and behaved differently.
Overall it was a good drive and Pune-Nagpur road via Wardha is in very good shape, the only problem is you pay too much toll, till Jalna its Rs25 per 20/25km stretch and then Rs27 for same kms stretch. Almost Re 1 for 1 km as toll!

-Pramod
pramods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 13:14   #491
Senior - BHPian
 
deutscheafrikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai & Candolim
Posts: 1,155
Thanked: 316 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I have not come across this at all. Have driven in high gear for long periods when on the highways but I have not faced this.
Let me see when I take it to the workshop on Saturday for a check up. I tried it this morning and it was the same, so not using it today and tomorrow. Probably something with the fluid or the mastercylinder but will know exactly on Sat.
deutscheafrikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 13:35   #492
Senior - BHPian
 
Behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,093
Thanked: 1,555 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
I've noticed this on the Yeti last evening and then again today. The peadl wouldn't come back up and hence display didn't show what gear it was in. I figured somehting was strange and lifted the pedal up with my foot. Things seemed better but today realised the same problem occurs after sometime of not using the clutch i.e. driving in a higher gear for a while. Then when I reach a signal I depress the clutch and it feels strange cos the pedal doesn;t coem up and there's a lot of play. Play as much as 2 inches.This reduces if I pump the pedal a few times. Makes me believe that there is a problem in the clutch master cylinder.
Anyone have this same problem?
Cheers
Yes, seems like a problem with either the master cylinder or the slave cylinder of the clutch and you seem to have lost clutch / gear oil. Get it attended to immediately as otherwise it can cause long term damage. This is the first case of this kind I am coming across for the Yeti - even on Briskoda you will not find any failures of this type on the Yeti.

Recently we had seen multiple clutch failures on new XUV500s (I think there are 3 reported on TBHP) and Mahindra is doing a mass recall and slave cylinder replacement.


Do keep us posted.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 13:48   #493
Senior - BHPian
 
deutscheafrikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai & Candolim
Posts: 1,155
Thanked: 316 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Yes, seems like a problem with either the master cylinder or the slave cylinder of the clutch and you seem to have lost clutch / gear oil.
Do keep us posted.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth
It's a very strange issue, cos after rest when you get to the pedal it will go right in, use it a few times and it come up and you can feel that major play become less. Infact after rest you need to pull it up with your foot. Drive it in a high gear for a while and the next time you press it will be in again. Use it in 1st, & 2nd and in awhile it will come close to normal.
Piques my interest.
deutscheafrikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 15:50   #494
Senior - BHPian
 
deutscheafrikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai & Candolim
Posts: 1,155
Thanked: 316 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
This is the first case of this kind I am coming across for the Yeti - even on Briskoda you will not find any failures of this type on the Yeti. Do keep us posted.

Regards,
Behemoth
Anyidea where the clutch master cylinder is located in the yeti. I Couldn't find it in the engine compartment. Haven't looked above the clutch pedal to see how the links are connected. Need a torch for that. Does the manual mention anything about where to check for fluid in the clutch cyl?
Regrads

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 27th July 2012 at 15:58.
deutscheafrikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 16:03   #495
Senior - BHPian
 
Behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,093
Thanked: 1,555 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Anyidea where the clutch master cylinder is located in the yeti. I Couldn't find it in the engine compartment. Haven't looked above the clutch pedal to see how the links are connected. Need a torch for that. Does the manual mention anything about where to check for fluid in the clutch cyl?
Regrads
The Clutch master and slave cylinders are normally very close to the gearbox and share the oil with the gearbox. I don't think there is any visible bottle /buffer that you will be able to see as it doesn't reduce and never needs topping, unless there is a leakage.
The underside of the Yeti is completely covered and only after removing the panels can these be attended to. For this, it would require putting it on the carlift and then working on the underbody.
Do get your problem checked asap, as within a few km of driving the clutch can fail and the damage to clutch and gearbox will be much more severe than just a leaking gasket /cylinder, which may be the case as of now.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Yeti 4x2 - Purchase and Initial Ownership Experience samyboy Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 60 17th November 2016 21:07
Skoda Yeti - Initial Ownership Review contessa Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 64 1st September 2012 10:23
The Yeti® writes a car story - (and review of Skoda Superb) Sam Kapasi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 406 6th July 2012 20:32
Experience with Skoda Dealerships in Pune (while purchasing Skoda Yeti) SushilBajpai Indian Car Dealerships 10 28th February 2012 16:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:29.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks