Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2012, 09:32   #526
Senior - BHPian
 
Behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,093
Thanked: 1,555 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
I got my Yeti Ambition 4x4 last Friday. I see the following things missing in my car, is it normal?

1. No parcel tray under the driver seat. There is one under the passenger seat
2. No lighter, only dummy.
3. No special fifth nut for tyre theft protection. Has Skoda stopped this? My Fabia has it
4. There is no spare full bulb and fuse set (box). Just 2 bulbs and 2 fuses.
HI Robin,

Yes, all these are normal and as standard on the Yeti!
1) The tray is only under the passenger seat and not under the driver seat.
2) They don't want to encourage you to smoke in the car!
3) The lock nuts are available as an optional accessory (1200 for the set IIRC)
4) The spares set is like this only, and I doubt that you will ever need them!
Also, it is a good idea to have the headlight bulbs changed proactively every 2 years as the filaments become weak and can become fused with vibrations after that.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2012, 09:48   #527
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
1) The tray is only under the passenger seat and not under the driver seat.
2) They don't want to encourage you to smoke in the car!
3) The lock nuts are available as an optional accessory (1200 for the set IIRC)
4) The spares set is like this only, and I doubt that you will ever need them!

1,3 & 4 can be purchased online - there are several listings on eBay and then there is Superskoda. You will find more options on eBay (UK site), though - Superskoda does not sell the original MDI or Bluetooth retrofit kits, these are available on eBay as full kits including the mounting panels, and if you contact the seller on eBay you may even get a discounted price (I did).
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2012, 11:19   #528
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 334
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

^ ^^
Thanks Behemoth and Steeroid. What about the ash tray/cup? I don't smoke but I like to collect and keep these stuff. I recently lost the brown clip to remove the nut cover of tyre of my Fabia. I am still sulking .
fi.robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2012, 12:13   #529
Senior - BHPian
 
Behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,093
Thanked: 1,555 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin
^ ^^
Thanks Behemoth and Steeroid. What about the ash tray/cup? I don't smoke but I like to collect and keep these stuff. I recently lost the brown clip to remove the nut cover of tyre of my Fabia. I am still sulking .
That is also an optional extra and should be available on ebay. You can check with Sunilrj who has recently bought one for his Yeti.
Behemoth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2012, 17:06   #530
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 49
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Which dealer did you buy from? And what discount did you get?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerohead View Post
This is my first post on the forum. I have booked a Yeti,
ajit_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2012, 21:30   #531
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: mumbai
Posts: 3
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Hello Everybody. this is my first post on Team - Bhp. i just had a quick question to Pramod, sunil, shankar and other Yeti owners. the Yeti 4x2 active comes with a skoda swing player which is the RCD 310. Both Vento and Laura has this system with parking sensors. would it be possible to activate the optical rear park assist via the VCDS by connecting Skoda sensors meant for the Laura/Yeti Ambition.

Please excuse any mistakes in my post as this is my first.
nikhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2012, 21:37   #532
BHPian
 
Sunilrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 764
Thanked: 536 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhill View Post
Hello Everybody. this is my first post on Team - Bhp. i just had a quick question to Pramod, sunil, shankar and other Yeti owners. the Yeti 4x2 active comes with a skoda swing player which is the RCD 310. Both Vento and Laura has this system with parking sensors. would it be possible to activate the optical rear park assist via the VCDS by connecting Skoda sensors meant for the Laura/Yeti Ambition.

Please excuse any mistakes in my post as this is my first.
if you can have the dealer agree for fitment of the sensors, as the same require wiring from the bumpers to the music system, then the rear park assist can be activated by the dealer.

the problem with Skoda is that dealers jump at the word 'warranty' and try to avoid any fitment which they feel would void warranty, even though the accessory or part is purchased from Skoda India.

in my opinion if the wiring for the rear park sensors is done and the sensors connected to the RCD 310 then no coding / activation is required as they would be basically plug and play
Sunilrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2012, 23:09   #533
BHPian
 
pramods's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 873
Thanked: 397 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhill
Hello Everybody. this is my first post on Team - Bhp. i just had a quick question to Pramod, sunil, shankar and other Yeti owners. the Yeti 4x2 active comes with a skoda swing player which is the RCD 310. Both Vento and Laura has this system with parking sensors. would it be possible to activate the optical rear park assist via the VCDS by connecting Skoda sensors meant for the Laura/Yeti Ambition.

Please excuse any mistakes in my post as this is my first.
If you connect the parking sensors, it again will come with a micro controller, the head unit just has the display and connector to get the input, the controller will need a activation on CAN gateway. In short you will need to do the coding and activation via VCDS, the module is called Park/steer assist.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2012, 17:02   #534
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: mumbai
Posts: 3
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
If you connect the parking sensors, it again will come with a micro controller, the head unit just has the display and connector to get the input, the controller will need a activation on CAN gateway. In short you will need to do the coding and activation via VCDS, the module is called Park/steer assist.

-Pramod
Thanks Pramod/SunilRJ. i would like to get original Skoda parts as much as possible. do you think someone in Mumbai would be able to help me out. although there is always an issues on the warranty. and i would not like to tamper with that. do you think someone in Skoda maybe able to help?
nikhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2012, 21:26   #535
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 49
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Any idea about Yeti facelift. Any idea if it will come with the DSG. I like the Yeti a lot and it fits my requirements perfectly but I need automatic transmission and somehow all SUVs this side of 20 lakhs don't have an AT other then good old Scorpio.
ajit_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2012, 22:24   #536
Senior - BHPian
 
agambhandari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Delhi,Ludhiana
Posts: 1,182
Thanked: 900 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajit_72
Any idea about Yeti facelift. Any idea if it will come with the DSG. I like the Yeti a lot and it fits my requirements perfectly but I need automatic transmission and somehow all SUVs this side of 20 lakhs don't have an AT other then good old Scorpio.
The yeti facelift is still at least a year away or even more in India.
DSG may be available but that would only increase the cost even further. At least a lakh would be added to the price
agambhandari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2012, 11:10   #537
Senior - BHPian
 
agambhandari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Delhi,Ludhiana
Posts: 1,182
Thanked: 900 Times
Default

Had a question.
how many free services does the yeti come with?
agambhandari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2012, 16:42   #538
BHPian
 
Sunilrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 764
Thanked: 536 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Had a question.
how many free services does the yeti come with?
Please Visit: http://skoda-auto.co.in/ind/service/...es/FAQs.aspx#1

it reads: 1. How many free services are provided for new cars?
Ans. Number of 'FREE SERVICES OFFERED ON NEW CARS' - Company provides first free check at 7500 kms or six month whichever earlier, First free service at 15000 Kilometers or one year whichever is earlier. For vehicles sold on or before 1st march 2011 shall have schedule as per the service schedule booklet.

2. What is included in free service?
Ans. During free service, only the general service labour is free. The cost of consumables like oil, filters, etc. needs to be borne by the customer.
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2012, 22:16   #539
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 21
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Yetians - not sure if this is the right place for this - apologies in case it isn't. Now that am on an automobile hunt after having sold off my S10 and having test driven many sedans, the salesguy (a nice chap, actually) at a Skoda dealership has indicated that he may have a 2012 4x2 Yeti (Ambition) at a good price to tempt me with. While it is true that there is a loud thud (sound made when my jaws hit the ground) whenever I see an Yeti, am a trifle guarded as this looks like a clearance sale (especially when he says there are just 3 Yetis left - all of them white). Any pointers in terms of why this is happening at Skoda w.r.t. the Yeti? I was given to understand that the facelift is some months away. Are they holding a lot of inventory (but this is a 2012 model, he claims)? Anything I should be wary off? Help!!
soul-on-4wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2012, 06:25   #540
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 334
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul-on-4wheels View Post
Yetians - not sure if this is the right place for this - apologies in case it isn't. Now that am on an automobile hunt after having sold off my S10 and having test driven many sedans, the salesguy (a nice chap, actually) at a Skoda dealership has indicated that he may have a 2012 4x2 Yeti (Ambition) at a good price to tempt me with. While it is true that there is a loud thud (sound made when my jaws hit the ground) whenever I see an Yeti, am a trifle guarded as this looks like a clearance sale (especially when he says there are just 3 Yetis left - all of them white). Any pointers in terms of why this is happening at Skoda w.r.t. the Yeti? I was given to understand that the facelift is some months away. Are they holding a lot of inventory (but this is a 2012 model, he claims)? Anything I should be wary off? Help!!
Since Yeti sells in such small number, there is always clearance sale, a way to look at it. The positive - you can bargain for discount. You can easily verify the manufacturing date if you suspect anything (you should anyway). I think you are more worried if it is a demo car/ display car.

For color - the demand pattern may be shifting, making availability of only few colors. I recently saw Tafe receiving Yetis only in White and Silver. I myself had to settle for white instead of Mato Brown (which according to the salesguy, suddenly became popular, it was sluggish at the launch time).
fi.robin is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Yeti 4x2 - Purchase and Initial Ownership Experience samyboy Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 60 17th November 2016 21:07
Skoda Yeti - Initial Ownership Review contessa Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 64 1st September 2012 10:23
The Yeti® writes a car story - (and review of Skoda Superb) Sam Kapasi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 406 6th July 2012 20:32
Experience with Skoda Dealerships in Pune (while purchasing Skoda Yeti) SushilBajpai Indian Car Dealerships 10 28th February 2012 16:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:23.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks