Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2013, 08:40   #586
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,325 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post

Hi congrats on your purchase. What you will need is a Bluetooth device if you do not have one already.
Speaking of which the stand alone device, Blaupunkt DriveFree 311, which I bought recently works very well. To me it was the preferred route rather than chopping and fiddling with the car electricals trying to fit the original skoda integrated unit.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 12:30   #587
BHPian
 
bobbafett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 107
Thanked: 166 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Speaking of which the stand alone device, Blaupunkt DriveFree 311, which I bought recently works very well. To me it was the preferred route rather than chopping and fiddling with the car electricals trying to fit the original skoda integrated unit.
Stand alone Bluetooth is probably my route too. Though, any reviews of the Skoda touchscreen Bluetooth panel ?
bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 12:34   #588
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,325 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbafett View Post

Stand alone Bluetooth is probably my route too. Though, any reviews of the Skoda touchscreen Bluetooth panel ?
Write to fellow member itnerd and sunilrj for quality info on this.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 14:24   #589
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,761
Thanked: 6,670 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
I would advise against Yoko C Drives or any other tyres as the stock Good year Excellence Tyres are Quite good.

To Quote from my ownership Thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...koda-yeti.html (Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti)

"The OEM Tyres! Bah! much has been spoken about them on Indian car forums, but during my research on the web, found the website (www.tyrereviews.co.uk) which has given the Following ratings for the Tyres which are marginally better than the reviews of the other tyres that i had in mind:
Dry Grip - 77%
Wet Grip - 68%
Road Feedback - 69%
Progressiveness - 68%
Wear - 69%
Comfort - 73%
Buy again - 57%

also these tyres are Made in malaysia and in the 19th week of 2011, so I do not expect the sidewalls to go bust very soon. according to my Tyre dealer friend, these should last me around 30,000 Kms, as compared to Michelin primacy LC which last about 20,000, Bridgestone ER370 which have a life of about 25000 Kms. so as of now i have decided not to have a change of Shoes and Keep the same shoes on, but with Nitrogen"
Well just because the stock tires may be good, doesn't mean there can't be better tyres. Ask member Behemoth, he has C-Drives on his car and he will vouch that they are far superior to the stock tyres.

Also tyre life should not be a deciding factor, since a better tyre due to its softer compound would have a lower tyre life, but be much safer than the stock tyre.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 15:38   #590
BHPian
 
Sunilrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 764
Thanked: 536 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Well just because the stock tires may be good, doesn't mean there can't be better tyres. Ask member Behemoth, he has C-Drives on his car and he will vouch that they are far superior to the stock tyres.

Also tyre life should not be a deciding factor, since a better tyre due to its softer compound would have a lower tyre life, but be much safer than the stock tyre.
There is no Doubt that there could be better Tyres. but if i remember well behemoth had stated that after 10K kms the tyres had become noisier.

But anyway, Tyre upgrade is an individuals Choice as the buyback value of the goodyears is around 4K per tyre.
Sunilrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 15:45   #591
BHPian
 
Sunilrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 764
Thanked: 536 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Write to fellow member itnerd and sunilrj for quality info on this.
There are two Stand alone Bluetooth Kits available. 5J0051473 with Touch screen -MRP 22406 and 5J0051473A without Touch Screen MRP 13023. Skoda India Genuine Accessory. Both are mounted on the Dash and having a wire running to the Head unit. Mutes the System when there is an incoming call, and displays caller Info on the Bluetooth Screen. both are supposedly good, but priced steep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
There is no Doubt that there could be better Tyres. but if i remember well behemoth had stated that after 10K kms the tyres had become noisier.

But anyway, Tyre upgrade is an individuals Choice as the buyback value of the goodyears is around 4K per tyre.
Sunilrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 15:46   #592
Senior - BHPian
 
Behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,093
Thanked: 1,555 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234

Well just because the stock tires may be good, doesn't mean there can't be better tyres. Ask member Behemoth, he has C-Drives on his car and he will vouch that they are far superior to the stock tyres.

Also tyre life should not be a deciding factor, since a better tyre due to its softer compound would have a lower tyre life, but be much safer than the stock tyre.
The Oem tyres become really noisy and skittish after 10k kms and one does not get any confidence at high speeds (above 120). I changed from the Oem tyres at 22k kms to Yoko C drives. With Yoko C drives even after covering 12 k kms on them, there is no loss of grip and they are much less Noisy - at least 5db less noise than the Goodyears at the same speed - I have actually measured this. There is also a good difference in the ride quality and I don't feel and hear the loud thuds that you do with the Goodyears. I am firmly in favour of changing the oem Goodyears. Yoko C drives, Yoko HTS and Pirelli P7 are good options to consider and we have people who had changed to these quite some time back and can share their experiences.
Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 17:58   #593
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Patna
Posts: 198
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

Speaking of which the stand alone device, Blaupunkt DriveFree 311, which I bought recently works very well. To me it was the preferred route rather than chopping and fiddling with the car electricals trying to fit the original skoda integrated unit.
I bought the Motorola roadster 2. It has functioned very well. I normally leave the battery to be charged at night. They say the battery will last the lifetime of the product.
Carcrazy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 20:12   #594
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,761
Thanked: 6,670 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
There is no Doubt that there could be better Tyres. but if i remember well behemoth had stated that after 10K kms the tyres had become noisier.

But anyway, Tyre upgrade is an individuals Choice as the buyback value of the goodyears is around 4K per tyre.
Certainly an individuals choice, but you won't know until you try. I have experience with the C drives on 2 cars I had, hence I recommended them for a Yeti, since they are tough enough, have good ride and are silent.

Infact would recommend you get them when your stock Goodyears wear out around 30k.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 00:11   #595
BHPian
 
bobbafett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 107
Thanked: 166 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The Oem tyres become really noisy and skittish after 10k kms and one does not get any confidence at high speeds (above 120). I changed from the Oem tyres at 22k kms to Yoko C drives. With Yoko C drives even after covering 12 k kms on them, there is no loss of grip and they are much less Noisy - at least 5db less noise than the Goodyears at the same speed - I have actually measured this. There is also a good difference in the ride quality and I don't feel and hear the loud thuds that you do with the Goodyears. I am firmly in favour of changing the oem Goodyears. Yoko C drives, Yoko HTS and Pirelli P7 are good options to consider and we have people who had changed to these quite some time back and can share their experiences.
Hi Behemoth, did you also evaluate AT tyres for your Yeti ? I have no idea though on how good (or bad) ATs would be for primarily highway usage and occasional mild off roading ?
bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 01:06   #596
BHPian
 
bobbafett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 107
Thanked: 166 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
What kind of discount did you manage to get totally?

Well you can upgrade to Yoko C-Drives in the stock size which will give you a better ride, more silent and better grip in the wet when you need it.

Sunilrj had made a thread on official accessories.
The final OTR Mumbai Individual registration is 18.5 lakhs. So from their published price, that is a discount of 1 lakh INR OTR.
bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 01:34   #597
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,761
Thanked: 6,670 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbafett View Post
The final OTR Mumbai Individual registration is 18.5 lakhs. So from their published price, that is a discount of 1 lakh INR OTR.
Push for a bigger discount. They offered me 1 lac over the phone which means they'll certainly offer more once you are at the table.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 01:52   #598
BHPian
 
bobbafett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 107
Thanked: 166 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Push for a bigger discount. They offered me 1 lac over the phone which means they'll certainly offer more once you are at the table.
hey, thanks for that very important update! And a couple of follow up questions - When was your most recent discount discussion with them and which dealer, which model and what model year?
bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 02:06   #599
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,761
Thanked: 6,670 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbafett View Post
hey, thanks for that very important update! And a couple of follow up questions - When was your most recent discount discussion with them and which dealer, which model and what model year?
About 10 days ago, for any Yeti 4x4, from Autobahn. Didn't ask the year but he said these are in stock at the plant so can't be too old.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 09:30   #600
Senior - BHPian
 
Behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,093
Thanked: 1,555 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbafett View Post
Hi Behemoth, did you also evaluate AT tyres for your Yeti ? I have no idea though on how good (or bad) ATs would be for primarily highway usage and occasional mild off roading ?
Yes, I was considering AT tyres too, but the closest size available for the Yeti is 215/65 R16 in Yoko AT/S, which is around 3.3% larger than the stock size in Dia and Circumference. You can find details on why I did not go for the upsize on the Yeti Tyres thread.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Yeti 4x2 - Purchase and Initial Ownership Experience samyboy Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 60 17th November 2016 21:07
Skoda Yeti - Initial Ownership Review contessa Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 64 1st September 2012 10:23
The Yeti® writes a car story - (and review of Skoda Superb) Sam Kapasi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 406 6th July 2012 20:32
Experience with Skoda Dealerships in Pune (while purchasing Skoda Yeti) SushilBajpai Indian Car Dealerships 10 28th February 2012 16:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:57.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks