Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2013, 12:19   #721
E63
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Amritsar
Posts: 101
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

So basically its a funny fancy name given to a device which essentially remaps the ECU?
E63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2013, 15:59   #722
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 124
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkurS View Post
Well explained samyboy. VCDS stands for VAG-COM Diagnostic System which is a system developed by Ross-Tech to communicate and program Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft (VAG) cars.
Ankur, thanks for the clarification man. I just made up my form of VCDS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E63 View Post
So basically its a funny fancy name given to a device which essentially remaps the ECU?
No sir.. Remap is totally different ball-game. I do not think VCDS can remap ECU. Think of it as it provides limited control of parameters/values of operating system but can not upgrade the OS itself.
samyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2013, 16:49   #723
E63
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Amritsar
Posts: 101
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 10th October 2013 at 15:29.
E63 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 7th October 2013, 20:49   #724
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 8
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Have sent my Yeti to workshop. There has been noise from Engine bay in the morning and problem with flywheel has been diagnosed. Thank god, my yeti is under extended warranty. I have experienced Skoda have problem with clutch. My old Octavia clutch failed in just 40K Kms & so my current Laura and with Yeti it has confirmed my fear! Lets see how much time it takes to resolve this..till then I will miss driving my Yeti
deepakvaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 19:27   #725
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 45
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
In case you have difficulty in sourcing the Yoko C-Drives (in Stock size), you can also go in for Pirelli P7, which are also very good. On CMT, they are available for 8280 each. (You can scout around for better prices)
http://www.changemytyre.com/Car/Tyres/Pirelli/P7/2492

Tyre change is 100% worth it, as the Goodyear stock tyres are really noisy and also lack road grip, especially at higher speeds.
Behemoth, I got my tyres replaced finally, as the old ones had worn out enough to scare me. I got Pirelli P7 for the Yeti. Thank you for the suggestion! Road noise has reduced and ride seems to be better.
ajeeshonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 19:32   #726
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 45
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

While changing the tyres, I saw something that made me worry even more about the skoda service. After the compressor replacement, they left out a few plastic rivets while refitting the bumper. If this is the case from outside, god knows how many nuts they might have missed from inside. It also seems that they have handled the bumper etc quite carelessly causing paint damage on the edges. Attaching a few pictures..
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)-1393353_10151643064046771_1434541284_o.jpg  

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)-1393057_10151643063881771_887486017_o.jpg  

ajeeshonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 20:18   #727
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeeshonly View Post
I got Pirelli P7 for the Yeti.
Is that a regular 'car' (sedan) tyre? It says ALL SEASON, but I dont think that means AT does it?
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 21:30   #728
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 45
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post

Is that a regular 'car' (sedan) tyre? It says ALL SEASON, but I dont think that means AT does it?
It's not AT. The tread looks like that of a car tyre
ajeeshonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 21:49   #729
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,669 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeeshonly View Post
It's not AT. The tread looks like that of a car tyre
Be careful, Pirelli P7 are car touring tyres are far as I know. Watch out for sharp edges, and big bumps. You may not feel much in the car but your tyre may get damaged.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2013, 02:07   #730
BHPian
 
abbey4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 441
Thanked: 106 Times
Default

I have completed 40k on my Yoko geolander tyres. It seems good for another 10-15 k I guess.
abbey4u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 20:19   #731
BHPian
 
pramods's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 873
Thanked: 397 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeeshonly View Post
While changing the tyres, I saw something that made me worry even more about the skoda service. After the compressor replacement, they left out a few plastic rivets while refitting the bumper. If this is the case from outside, god knows how many nuts they might have missed from inside. It also seems that they have handled the bumper etc quite carelessly causing paint damage on the edges. Attaching a few pictures..
You also need to check the front bumper and if they have dismantled that for any reason check the front sensors carefully(assuming yours in Elegance) they generally mess with wiring and attaching the sensor rightly and you may drop some of the sensors! Service center at list here generally don't have the proper rivet in stock as its 2 way clip with adjustment attached as part of rivet, if the other part is dropped they would leave that "as is" or try to screw the bolt on plastic part will eventually falls.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 20:49   #732
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 45
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post

You also need to check the front bumper and if they have dismantled that for any reason check the front sensors carefully(assuming yours in Elegance) they generally mess with wiring and attaching the sensor rightly and you may drop some of the sensors! Service center at list here generally don't have the proper rivet in stock as its 2 way clip with adjustment attached as part of rivet, if the other part is dropped they would leave that "as is" or try to screw the bolt on plastic part will eventually falls.

-Pramod
Thanks pramod. Mine is ambition 4x4. It does have sensors I believe.
ajeeshonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2013, 15:52   #733
BHPian
 
pramods's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 873
Thanked: 397 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeeshonly View Post
Thanks pramod. Mine is ambition 4x4. It does have sensors I believe.
Oh, you don't have to worry about then, as I was talking about front sensors, Elegance model have both rear and front sensors, nonetheless the problem is not the sensors but the service and attitude.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2013, 18:13   #734
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,325 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeeshonly View Post
While changing the tyres, I saw something that made me worry even more about the skoda service. After the compressor replacement, they left out a few plastic rivets while refitting the bumper. If this is the case from outside, god knows how many nuts they might have missed from inside. It also seems that they have handled the bumper etc quite carelessly causing paint damage on the edges. Attaching a few pictures..
Why not contact Mr Aiyanna at Vinayak for your service needs. He is a good guy and will look after your car much better than those halfwitted monsters at TAFE can and will. Mention my name if you want and tell him you're a TBHP member - he will definitely look after you.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2013, 18:22   #735
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 45
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Why not contact Mr Aiyanna at Vinayak for your service needs. He is a good guy and will look after your car much better than those halfwitted monsters at TAFE can and will. Mention my name if you want and tell him you're a TBHP member - he will definitely look after you.
Thanks Shankar. I will take the vehicle there for a 37500 km check up! Where does Aliyanna sit?
ajeeshonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Yeti 4x2 - Purchase and Initial Ownership Experience samyboy Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 60 17th November 2016 21:07
Skoda Yeti - Initial Ownership Review contessa Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 64 1st September 2012 10:23
The Yeti® writes a car story - (and review of Skoda Superb) Sam Kapasi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 406 6th July 2012 20:32
Experience with Skoda Dealerships in Pune (while purchasing Skoda Yeti) SushilBajpai Indian Car Dealerships 10 28th February 2012 16:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:30.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks