Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2017, 20:21   #841
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 12
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Going to stay with Skoda, they are offering a 4 year maintenance package on Kodiaq. Hoping the Kodiaq is going to be as reliable as the Yeti was.
Skoda seems very lethargic and least interested in selling more cars.

All the very best for you with the Kodiaq! Will be eagerly awaiting your review on it. When are you taking the delivery?
Vhruday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2017, 08:54   #842
VBN
BHPian
 
VBN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 63
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

The abs sensor issue arose for me too now. Coincidence that 3 of us had it. I got the dealer to replace it under the extended warranty.
VBN is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2017, 09:41   #843
BHPian
 
pramods's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 886
Thanked: 434 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Was it just the ABS Sensor or the wheel bearing was also changed?

Sensor generally are OK, its the wheel bearing that give way, any minute play there can cause the sensor to emit error. I saw the debug message and it says mechanical, this means replace bearing. Whiling replacing they replace the sensor too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBN View Post
The abs sensor issue arose for me too now. Coincidence that 3 of us had it. I got the dealer to replace it under the extended warranty.
-Pramod
pramods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2017, 11:11   #844
VBN
BHPian
 
VBN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 63
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Just the sensor was ‘faulty’.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Was it just the ABS Sensor or the wheel bearing was also changed?

Sensor generally are OK, its the wheel bearing that give way, any minute play there can cause the sensor to emit error. I saw the debug message and it says mechanical, this means replace bearing. Whiling replacing they replace the sensor too.



-Pramod
Only the sensor was ‘faulty’. It threw a continuous TPM alert too. And strangely the No bend lighting afs function. All three problems were due to the 1 sensor.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-3778b693fcda4bcea4f6f7f4dd9fa5ab.jpeg  


Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th December 2017 at 11:35. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your previous post within the 30-minute edit window to add more contents to it. Thanks.
VBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2017, 11:30   #845
BHPian
 
Screwdriva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London/ Bombay
Posts: 512
Thanked: 364 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Sold my Yeti after 7 years of owning it. Every day, we miss the car. There simply wasn't anything to beat it in terms of practicality, space, comfort, ride, storage, power and maneuverability. The only chink in the armor was Skoda India's after sales and support which was worse than terrible.

It's clear that Skoda has given up on the Indian market as they command <2% share with no ability to increase sales in the foreseeable future. Sadly, yet another Western company has succumbed to their crooked Indian Joint Venture partner malpractice.
Screwdriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2017, 13:45   #846
Senior - BHPian
 
Behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,150
Thanked: 1,622 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Sold my Yeti after 7 years of owning it. Every day, we miss the car. There simply wasn't anything to beat it in terms of practicality, space, comfort, ride, storage, power and maneuverability. The only chink in the armor was Skoda India's after sales and support which was worse than terrible.

It's clear that Skoda has given up on the Indian market as they command <2% share with no ability to increase sales in the foreseeable future. Sadly, yet another Western company has succumbed to their crooked Indian Joint Venture partner malpractice.
Agree completely with you. It was a brilliant yet quirky car which was let down by the after sales service of Skoda.
What are you replacing yours with? It is difficult to replace the Yeti.
Behemoth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2017, 13:26   #847
VBN
BHPian
 
VBN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 63
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

i am currently in the 3rd year of my 2nd Yeti. another 2 years more before i go in for a replacement. Curious to know what other Yeti owners have done.
VBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2017, 16:04   #848
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 284
Thanked: 65 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Sadly, yet another Western company has succumbed to their crooked Indian Joint Venture partner malpractice.
What Indian JV partner? AFAIK, the VW group in India is a 100% owned by the parent company.
Bomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2017, 16:30   #849
BHPian
 
Screwdriva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London/ Bombay
Posts: 512
Thanked: 364 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Agree completely with you. It was a brilliant yet quirky car which was let down by the after sales service of Skoda.
What are you replacing yours with? It is difficult to replace the Yeti.
We are planning to replace the car with the Creta diesel automatic (facelift). Not quite the same amount of genius behind the car but after dealing with Skoda’s A.S.S. for 7 years, we came with a simple resolution: Compromise our factory design and engineering preferences in favor of peace of mind.

Hyundai and Maruti offer this in a way that no VAG company ever will in India. While my mind hates that I am forced to patronize inferior products, my soul won’t stop thanking me for it!
Screwdriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 09:12   #850
Senior - BHPian
 
Behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,150
Thanked: 1,622 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
We are planning to replace the car with the Creta diesel automatic (facelift). Not quite the same amount of genius behind the car but after dealing with Skoda’s A.S.S. for 7 years, we came with a simple resolution: Compromise our factory design and engineering preferences in favor of peace of mind.

Hyundai and Maruti offer this in a way that no VAG company ever will in India. While my mind hates that I am forced to patronize inferior products, my soul won’t stop thanking me for it!
Sure that sounds logical and peace of mind is a top priority especially once you have experienced Skoda services. If you can wait for 2 months I recommend you wait for the Compass 1.6 MJD AT which should be launched soon and hopefully under 20L. Though on the service part I don't know how it would be yet as I have not yet experienced it yet! The Compass will not disappoint you compared to the Yeti and does many things better than the Yeti.
Behemoth is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai Eon - Initial Ownership Review. EDIT: Now sold mahen_narang Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 173 3rd December 2017 08:06
TVS Scooty Pep+, 9 years & 76k kms : Longterm ownership review. EDIT, now sold! Mr.Boss Motorbikes 10 22nd November 2016 09:36
New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold! Chethan B G Long-Term Ownership Reviews 1220 24th November 2013 21:04
Skoda Yeti - Initial Ownership Review contessa Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 64 1st September 2012 10:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:07.

Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks