Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th January 2011, 20:38   #16
BHPian

Default re: My Fiery Black Scorpio SLE. 1year update @ 22,000kms

In Getz one has to depress the clutch to start , since am more used to that i normally depress the clutch fully before starting .Maybe will try the same while switching off aswell.

Finally got to meet Getsurya inperson today, he checked the car throughly and reassured me on various querries i had raised with him .
rm_arjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 17:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

rm_arjuna,

It was my pleasure meeting you and seeing your brand new b'ride'. Congratulations once again.

Your ride is awesome and I like the refreshed door pads and a new cars smell is always intoxicating to me.

Happy Motoring!!
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 11:21   #18
BHPian

Update : Have clocked around 1800 Kms and got the car registered on Wednesday . Since last week had observed that the car is pulling towards left and went to get the alignment done . The guys at the shop advised me to take the car to service center and get the "SIM" adjusted on the left chamber before realigning again . Will go to service center tomorrow ,any pointers about this Pls!
Old 4th February 2011, 15:14   #19
BANNED

He is right. Go to the service center asap and get this problem rectified.
This should not happen in a new car. Your car has not even reached 2k! Get it checked asap.
DMehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 16:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
The guys at the shop advised me to take the car to service center and get the "SIM" adjusted on the left chamber before realigning again . Will go to service center tomorrow ,any pointers about this Pls!
It is a *shim* that is being talked about here and it is not uncommon to get these adjusted after some driving around of a brand new vehicle. I had to get it done for my Safari as well, within 8 months of ownership. Nothing to worry about.. it should be done FOC under warranty.

And congratulations on the new beast
cool_dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 16:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
It is a *shim* that is being talked about here and it is not uncommon to get these adjusted after some driving around of a brand new vehicle. I had to get it done for my Safari as well, within 8 months of ownership. Nothing to worry about.. it should be done FOC under warranty.

And congratulations on the new beast

hi thanks for correcting , the alignmnet guys pointed out to some sort of spacers / washers in the left chamber . I am going to the service center tomorrow.
Old 6th February 2011, 11:21   #22
BHPian

Got the car checked at A.S.C ,the wheels were aligned and SHIM adjusted . However i had to pay rs.420 for the alignment when i thought it would be done FOC .

Also Service center refused to give the alignment report printout,i dont know what's the practice at Mahindra's.
Old 6th February 2011, 11:47   #23
BANNED

arjuna, congratulations on your new vehicle, scorpio looks awesome in black shade.somehow dont like two tone coloured vehicles dont know why do they give this way.Enjoy your ride.
On a brand new vehicle i thought your mahindra *** would get the job done FOC instead of charging you for alingment.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 13:04   #24
BHPian

last week the car got pimped , installed basic modest ICE and sunfilms .

ICE:
HU:JBL GTX 333
Front Comps : Infinity Ref 6530cs
Rear 6x9 : JBL 948
Amp : JBL GT5-s644
Sosche amp wiring kit + RCA connectors . Total Damage-24k

Sunfilm : Garware classic lite carpack + 3yrs warranty .
also changed the OE bulbs to Osram Night breakers from my previous car , the visibility has definitely improved however still thinking of upgrading to 100/90 bulbs with relay.

Did a weekend drive to Tirupati and back covering 1448 kms , the car was breeze to drive and total journey was stressfree. Liked the way car handled the bad roads between nandiyal to kadapa.

Got 15kmpl mileage with 100% a/c useage at crusing speeds of 90-100kmph.
Old 15th February 2011, 14:00   #25
BHPian

Congrats on the Scorpio and I am sure you will like it even more as you run it.

Quote:
Have changed to O.E. alloys of Aura 5 spoke design,retained O.E. Apollo Hawkz . Planning to fit leather seats stanley or Karlsons. Basic ICE , reverse camera .
How is Apollo Hawkz performance, in terms of noise, braking, vibration??

Regards
chandrda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 23:07   #26
Senior - BHPian

WoW Mallik! cool. I am sure the system is keeping you entertained. Would be nice to see detailed report about your TPT trip. where are the pics of the ICE? you carry a phone with camera!

I am back in India/Hyd this friday and will call you over weekend.

Happy Motoring!
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 12:05   #27
BHPian

Default first Stripes :( :(

On Saturday we had gone shopping and the parking was in the cellar , the entrance height was little low and was little hesitant ,the parking attendant assured that the roof will not scrap. When the antena got scraped i feared for worst and i could not reverse since other cars were behind me .While exiting my roof rails scrapped against the roof
Old 21st February 2011, 14:39   #28
BHPian

Default Re: first Stripes :( :(

Ouch, that hurts man. When you are in doubt think twice, you are your own judge. Dont go by what the jokers have to say. Stay safe always.

BTW, could you please let me know the last row seating configuration on your vehicle ? if it is a front facing bench kind of seating, could you let me know if this can folded down completely ?

Cheers,
Rajesh

Quote:
On Saturday we had gone shopping and the parking was in the cellar , the entrance height was little low and was little hesitant ,the parking attendant assured that the roof will not scrap. When the antena got scraped i feared for worst and i could not reverse since other cars were behind me .While exiting my roof rails scrapped against the roof

Last edited by 2500cc : 21st February 2011 at 14:40.
2500cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 20:04   #29
BHPian

Default Re: first Stripes :( :(

[quote=2500cc;2252450]Ouch,

BTW, could you please let me know the last row seating configuration on your vehicle ? if it is a front facing bench kind of seating, could you let me know if this can folded down completely ?

Mine is 7 seater with side facing last row , it can be folded up howeevr cannot be removed . In 8 seater configuration the last row is forward facing and can be removed totally if not required.Hope this clarifies
Old 23rd February 2011, 23:48   #30
BHPian

Hi Arjuna, congrats on the beast. I myself have picked up a beast on 22nd December in Diamond white and did a Tirupathi trip which was so confortable for the whole family.

Happy motoring.
octane78 is offline   Reply With Quote