Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th January 2011, 14:04   #31

Default Re: The Xylo E6 2010 : the perspective of a car owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
The prices have been silently revised and also a few features are missing out on few models.
Yes, , I feel the price advantage Xylo had over Scorpio is getting diluted now. Earlier it used to be a difference of ~1-1.5lac compared to corresponding Scorpio model, now its reduced to 60k-1 lac.

I am still interested in taking the Xylo primarily because of 3rd row comfort, which is unmatched.

Hearty congratulations igp_79 on your purchase!

What were your reasons for going with E6. I hear from the dealer that its E8 and E4 which are faster moving than E6.

Cheers!
Satish

PS: This is the first post to Team-bhp, I've been a keen silent observer till now
BlueJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 16:26   #32
BHPian

Congrats igp_79. Your beast looks majestic. Even I own a xylo E6 2010 (same color black-grey). I've covered 13000 kms in 6 months and enjoying the ride. Economy is 10-11 kmpl in city and 14-15 kmpl in highway (35% AC)
Believe me, Xylo has many surprises. Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread igp_79, I just want to mention two surprises among many. One of the major surprises was driveability in city, because of the shorter turning radius, its a charm to do U-turns. This had people sitting in my car jaw dropping (have to - since sumos and innovas and sometime even smaller vehicles in front of us need reversing to complete the same u-turn)
Almost every 2 months I drive to my home town with my wife and daughter, which is 710 kms one-way.At the end of the drive, we won't even feel a bit of stress or tiredness, so I guess the mass of the vehicles eats up all the jerks and impacts of the journey. I mostly maintain speed of 100 kph and rarely touch 110kph. Previously we had Esteem and ikon 1.3 and know how tiring it'll be at the end of drive even though they're a pleasure to drive (handling). I haven't driven that distance in any SUV/MUV, so cannot comment on that segment. Planning to create my own ownership experience thread where I'll reveal more surprises and information.
classact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 21:52   #33

Good to know classact that you and your family is enjoying your xylo, and congrats for your purchase as well.

I see that was your first post too, so my warm welcome to you as an active member.

What were your reasons for going with E6 instead of E8 and E4? Any pros and cons we need to consider?
BlueJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 10:59   #34
BHPian

Hey, classact,

Thanks, and yes would love to see your thread.Even i was pleasantly surprised by the fantastic turning radius. Our roads in coonoor and ooty require it a lot.
What about rattling inside the cabin. Is that acceptable? mine being new, i don't know. But as i had mentioned earlier, one of the doorpads dosen't stay fixed, and i am curious to know if there will be more fit and finish issues in future.
igp_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 13:55   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igp_79 View Post
Hey, classact,

Thanks, and yes would love to see your thread.Even i was pleasantly surprised by the fantastic turning radius. Our roads in coonoor and ooty require it a lot.
What about rattling inside the cabin. Is that acceptable? mine being new, i don't know. But as i had mentioned earlier, one of the doorpads dosen't stay fixed, and i am curious to know if there will be more fit and finish issues in future.
igp_79, I didn't face any kind of rattling so far. I don't heasr anything but the engine and road noise. Had issue with the 2nd row captain seat's arm rest.It wouldn't get locked in any position. Later on they fixed it in 2nd service and everything is fine now.
Old 19th January 2011, 14:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igp_79 View Post
Hey, classact,

I have an E4 and till now I have not faced any rattles inside the cabin. I have driven on all types of roads till now. 5 months 12k kms on the ODO. Even if you get small sounds it can be tweaked and repaired during the service calls.
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 18:42   #37
BANNED

Now, this is good to hear. A rattle free mahindra. The maruti's have this huge problem of rattles even in the initial stages. The xylo has begun to impress me.
I wanted to ask you one question, i saw the new body kit mahindra has started offering with the car, did you know about this? Did they mention anything while you were booking the car? Here is the link of the thread for reference.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-kit-xylo.html (Mahindra's new body kit for the xylo.)
DMehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 20:51   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
I have an E4 and till now I have not faced any rattles inside the cabin. I have driven on all types of roads till now. 5 months 12k kms on the ODO.
I agree - Only that couple of constant annoyances are :
1. 2nd row seat belts hitting the pillar at times.
2. Stuff behind the third row (calling it boot would be going overboard) which moves left-right and hits the body. I typically have an empty 2L can (courtesy 2nd service), a tool-kit, an air compressor etc.

If any Xylo owner has devised means of securing such items to prevent their moving around, please do share.
mmxylorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 21:17   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
I agree - Only that couple of constant annoyances are :
1. 2nd row seat belts hitting the pillar at times.
2. Stuff behind the third row (calling it boot would be going overboard) which moves left-right and hits the body. I typically have an empty 2L can (courtesy 2nd service), a tool-kit, an air compressor etc.

If any Xylo owner has devised means of securing such items to prevent their moving around, please do share.
1. The seatbelt can be locked in. There is a groove where in you can place the belt and it will not move
2. The 2L cans can be kept in the 3rd row where the seat ends near the manual fuel override button. There is a space on both the sides of the seat were in you can keep the bottles,toolkit and the air compressor.
Old 19th January 2011, 21:50   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMehta View Post
Now, this is good to hear. A rattle free mahindra. The maruti's have this huge problem of rattles even in the initial stages. The xylo has begun to impress me.
=============
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-kit-xylo.html (Mahindra's new body kit for the xylo.)
I did enquire. I was kind of impressed by the side flanks. But they said it has not arrived as yet. They also told me that it may become standard soon.
Old 19th January 2011, 23:46   #41
BHPian

congrats igp_79 for the Xylo. I too own a White E6, turning 7 months - today crossed 16000 km, 3rd (last) free service coupon used last Sat. My longest trip was Rajasthan in Nov'10 for 2700 kms in 6 days, fully loaded with 6A + 1kid (I know, my TL is still pending !!). Ride quality is superb. Door rattling is an issue; keep pushing the service guys to sort it. For the seat belts, I agree with shishir_bn - stick to the groove. My daily route is quite busy and FE is ~11 or bit higher; highways I get 16+. I found Mahindra service team very cooperative. Sorry, if I HJ your thread.
pcpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 23:57   #42
BHPian

Hi
Rattling. After 1000 and odd kilometers the left front door started rattling and i had taken it to the service station and it was fixed. It resurfaced and was fixed again at 2nd service. Now my 3rd service is due and now both my left front door and rear door rattles. I hope it gets sorted out. Cheers.
drrajasaravanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 12:26   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
congrats igp_79 for the Xylo.
==========
I found Mahindra service team very cooperative. Sorry, if I HJ your thread.
Hey pcpranav, that's an impressive highway FE. Do you mind telling us what speed do you stick to on highways?
Old 20th January 2011, 13:04   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
congrats igp_79 for the Xylo. I too own a White E6, turning 7 months - today crossed 16000 km, 3rd (last) free service coupon used last Sat. My longest trip was Rajasthan in Nov'10 for 2700 kms in 6 days, fully loaded with 6A + 1kid (I know, my TL is still pending !!). Ride quality is superb. Door rattling is an issue; keep pushing the service guys to sort it. For the seat belts, I agree with shishir_bn - stick to the groove. My daily route is quite busy and FE is ~11 or bit higher; highways I get 16+. I found Mahindra service team very cooperative. Sorry, if I HJ your thread.
Exactly pranav, Even I get 16-17 on highways. Nice to know that there is a company in that range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by classact View Post
Hey pcpranav, that's an impressive highway FE. Do you mind telling us what speed do you stick to on highways?
Simple stick to constant speed between 80-100kmph IMO
Old 20th January 2011, 22:56   #45
BHPian

Thanks a million for the interest all you guys.

My FE is around 9kpl as showed by the DDAS. Is it accurate? Will this improve after a proper run in, say 3000 km later?
Tomorrow i will be doing my usual 140 km round trip, which so far i have done with one of my diesel cars. Based on the amount of diesel she drinks tomorrow i would know how she compares with her relatively frugal "garagemates".

Also all the members with the xylo, why don't you guys post your FE, Driving style, Average speeds, and the environs in which you have got these returns from her. Something along the lines of pcpranav's post.

Last edited by igp_79 : 20th January 2011 at 23:00.