Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th January 2011, 19:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
Hey guys, let me clarify

Innova VX gets Optitron Meters where as othe models dont

Hey Bushan, Gr8 buy man, Innova is an awesome car any day !!!
Thanks for the clarification.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1398631 (Booked Innova GX 8 seater super white)

My bad!
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 20:14   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Nope. Even GX comes with the new console. My friend has one.

What do you mean by "the console has been changed over a years period" ?
Well i had checked that the manufaturing date of my car was Nov'10 and the car came with that console, so the only positive reasons could be that either they have changed the console after a year or its peculiar to the VX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
Hey guys, let me clarify

Innova VX gets Optitron Meters where as othe models dont

Hey Bushan, Gr8 buy man, Innova is an awesome car any day !!!
Thanks buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Your first post did give me a mild attack
Bhushanrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 23:16   #18
BHPian

Congrats Bhushan for the Innova. The new interiors certainly look so refreshing after that very heavy beige dose from the manufacturer.
Some exteriors snaps would also do good here.
In the meanwhile, happy city cruising.
Utopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 04:21   #19
BHPian

The interiors are awesome. IMO given a choice more people will go for these interiors
gshanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 09:59   #20
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Bhushan congrats - Black looks really good in the Innova exepecially with Mica Grey. Possibly silver instead of wood finish would have looked even more elegant. But then we all have our favourites.

Just for your next car pls do keep in mind that Airbags and ABS can be life saving even at speeds as low as 30 kmph even in the city and are not just meant for the highway. Also on the other hand a larger car w/o Airbags may be safer in certain situations than a smaller one with Airbags.

Wish you a lot of Happy and safe driving.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 11:33   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats Bhushan for the Innova. The new interiors certainly look so refreshing after that very heavy beige dose from the manufacturer.
Some exteriors snaps would also do good here.
In the meanwhile, happy city cruising.
Will definitely post hell lot of snaps along with the initial experience of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
The interiors are awesome. IMO given a choice more people will go for these interiors
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Bhushan congrats - Black looks really good in the Innova exepecially with Mica Grey. Possibly silver instead of wood finish would have looked even more elegant. But then we all have our favourites.

Just for your next car pls do keep in mind that Airbags and ABS can be life saving even at speeds as low as 30 kmph even in the city and are not just meant for the highway. Also on the other hand a larger car w/o Airbags may be safer in certain situations than a smaller one with Airbags.

Wish you a lot of Happy and safe driving.
I understand their importance, and will surely incorporate the advice in my next purchase, which is going to be a hathback
Old 10th January 2011, 18:36   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the Innova and your very unique interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhushanrulz View Post
I shall confirm on the aftermarket mechanical fittings and get back to you.
Please avoid any heavy modifications to the braking system at the after-market level (i.e. changing the rear drums to discs). It's just not worth it. Firstly, it's the front brakes that do most of the work anyways. Second, you will understand that brakes are most integral to your safety, and are best installed at the factory level ONLY. Never, ever get an after-market conversion job on the brakes.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 16:04   #23
BHPian

Congrats. its a great car indeed. i am sure you are also aware the price hike of innova from Jan 11. Me too booked VX on september10(ex price 1207000) and then bought at 17000 more in october10 (at ex price 1224000) and now it is 1244000.
abhi1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 16:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

The interiors are excellent!!! It sure looks splendid. Please do post pics of the exteriors also.

Any more treatment to be done to the car?
_raVan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 17:18   #25
BHPian

Wow! Congrats on the car and the beautiful interiors.

I am planning to the same with my Lancer GT as soon as Vitamin "M" is sufficient. Hard plastic on the Lancer is a letdown .
jaguar.runs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 19:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Bhushan bhai! Awesome mod there!
The change in color has totally transformed the interior look! Wonder if they offer anything similar on the Fortuner!

How is the 'feel' after the job? Any difference? Do the plastics feel more slippery?
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 10:58   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congrats on the Innova and your very unique interiors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1881 View Post
Congrats. its a great car indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
The interiors are excellent!!! It sure looks splendid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar.runs View Post
Wow! Congrats on the car and the beautiful interiors.

I am planning to the same with my Lancer GT as soon as Vitamin "M" is sufficient. Hard plastic on the Lancer is a letdown .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
The change in color has totally transformed the interior look!
Thank you everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1881 View Post
Congrats. its a great car indeed. i am sure you are also aware the price hike of innova from Jan 11. Me too booked VX on september10(ex price 1207000) and then bought at 17000 more in october10 (at ex price 1224000) and now it is 1244000.
Damn.. iwas aware of a year on year increase.. it was a month on month in your case!

Saving my pocket from the price hike was the reason i paid in full in december itself

Thought im not aware of the amount of increase on the GX model, but i am sure gonna find that out

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
The interiors are excellent!!! It sure looks splendid. Please do post pics of the exteriors also.

Any more treatment to be done to the car?
The only thing left is getting tints for the car. I was considering conmponent speakers, but then I am pretty happy with the stock speakers and dont want to mess around with the wirings... as of now!

I am going to post a detailed photo post over the weekend. Cuz by the time i leave from work its already very dark to click pictures. I shall bombard you guys with pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
The change in color has totally transformed the interior look! Wonder if they offer anything similar on the Fortuner!

How is the 'feel' after the job? Any difference? Do the plastics feel more slippery?

I am highly pleased with the fit finish and worksmanship which underwent for the interiors.

It looks perfect! I had never thought that an after market interior can be this good. And i am one of those guys who have that eye for detail

High quality wood painted plastics give a very smooth feel which is not too slippery neither that rough.

The seat covers are fit perfectly and i know im saying this for the millionth time but everything looks so good! Like the color combination used the materials used, the fittting done everything!

I have enquired with the sales guy for similar interiors with the fortuner, and he said he will get back to me with the details and costing, since untill yet none of the fortuner owners have asked for the interiors. (may be theyr not aware of it). So i shall update you once I get any update on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
The changed interiors look smashing! Was this done by the showroom itself and if so is everything covered in the warranty? The reason i am asking is because the removing of the dashboard panel involves quite a bit of wiring removal and refitting in the V model due to the Airbags and steering mounted controls etc.. and in case i opt for this change do they do it in the V model too?
UPDATE:
Yes it is possible for the V model to get similar interiors, inspite of the airbags and steering mounted controls. And that too for the same price!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 13th January 2011 at 10:50.
Old 12th January 2011, 23:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

@Bhushanrulz,

Nicely done. I am glad to learn that I am not alone and that there are a fair number of people out there who prefer the interiors in blacks, greys, blues and other dark shades.

I wish that the car manufacturers can see beyond the musings of the bunch of present day tv~auto journalists for whom any interior in a shade other than Beige are not luxurious and only dull and boring and stop shoving the beige interiors down our throats.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2011, 12:30   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
@Bhushanrulz,
Nicely done. I am glad to learn that I am not alone and that there are a fair number of people out there who prefer the interiors in blacks, greys, blues and other dark shades.
Thank you for the compliments.

People say all dark interiors heat up the car, have evident scratch marks, tough to maintain, etc. But all these reasons take a back seat, the minute you enter the car and are pleased with the interiors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I wish that the car manufacturers can see beyond the musings of the bunch of present day tv~auto journalists for whom any interior in a shade other than Beige are not luxurious and only dull and boring and stop shoving the beige interiors down our throats.
AMEN!
Old 16th January 2011, 19:02   #30
BHPian

1000km Review:

Plus Points:
  • Very smooth and comfortable drive
  • Great suspension
  • Decent Brakes
  • Good driveability around the curves
  • Nice Steering Response at high speeds
  • You don't reaslise you are driving on high speeds untill you see the speedo
Minus Points:
  • No Central Locking!!!! :S
  • Engine Noise
  • Thin coat of paint
Verdict:
  • Overall a satisfied and happy customer!
Attached Thumbnails
Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors)-01.jpg  

Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors)-02.jpg  

Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors)-03.jpg  

Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors)-04.jpg  

Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors)-05.jpg  

Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors)-06.jpg  

Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors)-07.jpg  

Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors)-08.jpg  

Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors)-09.jpg  

Innova'tive Interiors :D (My Mica Grey Innova with Refreshed Interiors)-10.jpg