Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th January 2011, 11:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Trusted Getz makes way for 90 HP Grande Punto

Hello WasavaTyres,
Congratulations on the 90HP Punto - The most powerful Diesel Hatchback of India as they say it.

Wish you and your family a million safe and happy miles with her.
Do post some more pictures of the beauty from inside. Also, eager to see the pictures of the mud-flap fitment you mentioned. A friend got his MJD 75 Punto yesterday, and yet to get the accessories. I can save him with your help .
Cool to know you got Apollo Acelers with the 90HP. The normal Punto comes with GY GT3 I guess.

Keep the updates coming...

Cheers.
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 11:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

COngrats for being strong enough to follow your heart. Wish you a happy ownership. Keep the thread ticking with updates
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 12:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new ride! She's quite a looker in that color!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
The power window and mirror controls are far beyond reach. I inadvertently end up pulling the rear window switches whenever I want to roll up the front windows.
IMO, they are very easy to operate. Probably you are used to bending your wrist to reach the power window controls in your previous car. These controls doesn't require you to do that - just reach out to the controls a little keeping your arm straight!

To compare this with the common way of reaching such controls - Just sit in the back seat of a Swift and try to operate the power window controls - you will end up bending your wrist to make such an acute angle that it hurts.

Last edited by clevermax : 14th January 2011 at 12:30.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 17:23   #19
BHPian

Wink Re: Trusted Getz makes way for 90 HP Grande Punto

Anyone notice how the petrolheads on team bhp say tucson wine for tuscan wine Hyundai blokes would be mighty pleased !!

Anyway, the first hiccup today. Have spent the past 4 hours with a dead battery. Had gone to get sunfilm installed where the fitters left it in ignition on position for rolling the windows up & down. After about an hour I crank it up and there's nothing. Display shows EBD Fail-ABS Fail Consult Manual. Tried couple of more times and then called the dealer who sent over a man pronto who Jjmp started the car. The exide guys who supplied the OE battery did not have a service battery in that size so fitted a Amaron unit from my shop. Will charge the dead one overnight to check. The charging system doesn't seem to be the culprit as it's showing up on acceleration on the multi-meter.

Reinhard, here is a pic of the rear plastic lining that can be removed-mudflap put in place-lining refitted for the rear wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
Trusted Getz makes way for 90 HP Grande Punto-img2011010900108.jpg  

Last edited by WasavaTyres : 14th January 2011 at 17:28. Reason: Pics added
WasavaTyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 18:17   #20
BHPian

Here are pics of AVS Db rubber :
Attached Thumbnails
Trusted Getz makes way for 90 HP Grande Punto-img2011011700154.jpg  

Trusted Getz makes way for 90 HP Grande Punto-img2011011700155.jpg  

Trusted Getz makes way for 90 HP Grande Punto-img2011011700156.jpg  

Old 18th January 2011, 20:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations mayte. This is one car you will never have to sell and will last you a lifetime.

I was not very impressed when I took a test drive of the 90hp, the lag was just too much and then it just snaps when it gets to the power band. Not so nice but every thing after this is pure Italian engineering.

This is the only hatchback I will buy if I were looking for a new car. I can live with TATA servicing it. Agreed that the build can be a little iffy but its still as solid as it can get. There is no hatchback in its segment to beat the Grande Punto for absolute feel of a car. You always feel you are in control and the driving dynamics of this car is beautiful.
sandeepmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 14:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Anyone notice how the petrolheads on team bhp say tucson wine for tuscan wine Hyundai blokes would be mighty pleased !!

Anyway, the first hiccup today. Have spent the past 4 hours with a dead battery. Had gone to get sunfilm installed where the fitters left it in ignition on position for rolling the windows up & down. After about an hour I crank it up and there's nothing. Display shows EBD Fail-ABS Fail Consult Manual. Tried couple of more times and then called the dealer who sent over a man pronto who Jjmp started the car. The exide guys who supplied the OE battery did not have a service battery in that size so fitted a Amaron unit from my shop. Will charge the dead one overnight to check. The charging system doesn't seem to be the culprit as it's showing up on acceleration on the multi-meter.

Reinhard, here is a pic of the rear plastic lining that can be removed-mudflap put in place-lining refitted for the rear wheels.
Thanks for that pic WT!
The friend got his Punto, and it lies in the service center ever since. It was delivered with a steering alignment issue and a non-functional AC...
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 17:02   #23
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase. I absolutely agree with the lack of storage space. Nevertheless there are always two sides to a coin.

A premium car with a premium color. Looks good. Enjoy the drive.
Rubbertramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 17:47   #24
BHPian

First service done at 3200 kms. Plonked in a K&N stock replacement filter this morning. Also got door scuffs from the dealer at Rs.390. Quite reasonable I guess.
She's been returning a mileage of 17 odd in city driving and gives 22+ on the highways (speeds between 80-100).
Attached Thumbnails
Trusted Getz makes way for 90 HP Grande Punto-img2011022500403.jpg  

Trusted Getz makes way for 90 HP Grande Punto-img2011022500406.jpg  

Trusted Getz makes way for 90 HP Grande Punto-img2011030400466.jpg  

Trusted Getz makes way for 90 HP Grande Punto-img2011030400468.jpg  

Trusted Getz makes way for 90 HP Grande Punto-img2011022500404.jpg  

Old 8th March 2011, 17:52   #25
Team-BHP Support

Any difference with the k&n? Sound or perceived power?
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 22:20   #26
BHPian

I had bought door sill plated for 295 a set 3 months back. did the price increase in between?

In fiat site its still listed as 295 . Fiat India
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 23:33   #27
BHPian

Congrats on the hot new ride mate And a good choice of tyres for upgrade.

by the way: Dont you find the ample rear leg room missing in the Punto from the Getz??
coolmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 00:09   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car first off. You have gone from a good car to a good car. The Getz was one of the best looking hatches at one time, still is no doubt, but you know what I mean

The colour looks elegant and I dont see too many of this shade on the road. Mostly greys, whites, reds. Then the blacks and a few blues. But this is rare

Good one pal. Keep them pictures coming and the upgrades flowing
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2011, 10:40   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Any difference with the k&n? Sound or perceived power?
Akshay,I don't notice any diff in sound. And honestly if you ask me, any diff in performance is psychological But it was too much to resist fitting it as I had one lying around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
I had bought door sill plated for 295 a set 3 months back. did the price increase in between?In fiat site its still listed as 295 . Fiat India
Well I got the door sill as well as floor mats (1K) from dealer with fiat pricing sticker, so I guess prices have gone up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Congrats on the hot new ride mate And a good choice of tyres for upgrade.by the way: Dont you find the ample rear leg room missing in the Punto from the Getz??
I've don't ride in the back of cars. Ever But yes,I do miss all the cubby holes my getz had. It's still in the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Congrats on the car first off. You have gone from a good car to a good car. The Getz was one of the best looking hatches at one time, still is no doubt, but you know what I mean

The colour looks elegant and I dont see too many of this shade on the road. Mostly greys, whites, reds. Then the blacks and a few blues. But this is rare

Good one pal. Keep them pictures coming and the upgrades flowing
Thanks dreamcatcher, the color is a bit difficult to maintain. So far have had scratch-resistance done and got a set of detailing cloths to keep it clean.