Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th January 2011, 18:33   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai i-10 VTVT Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RECOMPOSE View Post
3 weeks and no T BHP stickers yet?
Coming up sir. Those were clicked on the first day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Bit suprised that even the top end dont get alloys
Ya me too. Considering rest of the 1.2 crowd all offer alloys. I think the problem is that Hyundai has 2 cars running in the 1.2 race. So they need to pinch the i10 to make the i-20 look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
But the main concern about AT cars in Indian mass market is FE and Resale, because there are few people who want your second hand AT cars!!
Yes, absolutely right. Asta AT version would have the worst reasle because nobody wants to pay for A/T, ABS, sunroof etc. But after years of buying for resale, I figured its time to buy the right car for the purpose. In this bracket, a SwiftD or Etios would have max resale. But since it was gift for near and dear, all logic goes out of the window and the heart takes over.

Hopefully it will serve us well and we can keep it for a long time. Now if Honda Brio comes out with a superior A/T package later this year, I am gonna be kicking myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
PS: Is that Shell on the Sankey Road?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
The 1st pic is at Circle Mariamma Temple and the 2nd one is at Shell Sankey road right.
Correct guys, right on both counts. Car was delivered to me with fumes in the tank (Formula 1 style) and I had to go the Shell down the road.

Have to say, the bunk was spic and span just like you find in the west. Atttendants were courteus and both cashier and filler were female. Circle Mariamma is where all the cars in the house go for puja.

Last edited by Mpower : 1st February 2011 at 20:57.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 09:59   #17
BHPian

Congrats on getting "The Best Automatic Hatch" today. No other Auto Hatch (Not that we have a choice), including the A-Star, can match the i10 in terms of Space, Ingress-Egress, Higher Driving Position, Interior Quality & Power. I have one since April '09 & have loved every moment of owning it. In Urban traffic where driving is turning into a nightmare, its convenience is unmatched. Its used by my Mom mostly & she's really happy with zipping it around. Aren't you upgrading the rubbers? Don't worry that much about the resale value or F.E. Do think about the convenience an able auto-box like the i10 offers & everything else goes out of the window.
anilkalvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 12:34   #18
BHPian

Congratulations on your latest acquisition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
In stark contrast the knobs for blower speed/temp/position and the AC buttons are super cheap looking and remind you of cars from the 90s. For this much money, I would have liked to have ATC but I guess they have to starve the i-10 in order to make the i-20 look good.
Do you mean the AC buttons are of poor quality ? Or do you mean to say that the car should come with automatic climate control at this price ?

Quote:
Yes, absolutely right. Asta AT version would have the worst reasle because nobody wants to pay for A/T, ABS, sunroof etc. But after years of buying for resale, I figured its time to buy the right car for the purpose. In this bracket, a SwiftD or Etios would have max resale. But since it was gift for near and dear, all logic goes out of the window and the heart takes over.
It amuses me how many people buy cars based only on things like resale value, brand loyalty and service network, instead of buying a product that suits their needs.

I agree that these factors also matter to a certain extent, but these should not be the sole criteria for buying a car.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 14:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
But the main concern about AT cars in Indian mass market is FE and Resale, because there are few people who want your second hand AT cars!!
Agree on the FE part, 3 of my friends are 'consistently' getting 8 km/liter on their i10 kappa AT.
But I don't think the resale is less. I have been hunting for used automatics for almost 2 years. Only very few are available in the used car market, the available ones are quoted a premium price, and some body buys it for the asked price even before you can bargain.
jinojohnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 19:47   #20
BHPian

Hey Mpower !

Neat purchase dude ! Got me exactly the same one a few months earlier ! I'm at 5000 km now and my FE is steady at 12 kmpl - city with A/C ! I just love this car ! The more i use it the more i love it !

Though a footwear upgrade is strongly recommended !

enjoy your new car loads !
cheers !
Dieselite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 07:30   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Now you need to get some nice alloys and tyres.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Bit suprised that even the top end dont get alloys. Hope you will get one soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
Though a footwear upgrade is strongly recommended!
I hear ya guys. Alloys and tire change is on the cards. For the time being, I let it be because it came with Accleres. The plan is to transfer the Accleres to my WagonR after 6 mos and get new rubber for the i-10. (WagonR has about 5K to go before the Amazers will be gone). Giving away the Accleres right now will fetch only peanuts.

Not sure if I should stay with 13" or go with 14". Handling is not a priority because the car will be driven quite gently. Don't want to degrade the ride quality but better braking is welcome.
Old 23rd January 2011, 07:47   #22
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Mpower on this buy. I am sure you will enjoy the experience. The car is amazingly smooth.

I own a i10 Sportz Auto (Oct 2009). This is the older model. I get a FE of 9 kms with AC in the city (no hard driving, watching the revs all the time). We did one long distance trip and we got a FE of 16.3 kms (80-90 kms max speed).

I curious to know if the VTVT will give a better mileage in the city.

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 10:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

lovely looking car.
my friend recently got a black face lift i10 kappa and I was blown away by the refinement of the engine.
vinaydas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 11:50   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
It amuses me how many people buy cars based only on things like resale value, brand loyalty and service network, instead of buying a product that suits their needs. I agree that these factors also matter to a certain extent, but these should not be the sole criteria for buying a car.
Unfortunately this is the mentality of most Indians. Resale value is always a factor in the decision. Personally I buy a car that I like and not one which is better for the next owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
I own a i10 Sportz Auto (Oct 2009). This is the older model. I get a FE of 9 kms with AC in the city (no hard driving, watching the revs all the time). We did one long distance trip and we got a FE of 16.3 kms (80-90 kms max speed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Agree on the FE part, 3 of my friends are 'consistently' getting 8 km/liter on their i10 kappa AT.
These are probably the Kappa1 engines. The VTVT is more fuel efficient.

Quote:
The plan is to transfer the Accleres to my WagonR after 6 mos and get new rubber for the i-10. (WagonR has about 5K to go before the Amazers will be gone). Giving away the Accleres right now will fetch only peanuts.
You're lucky you have this option. Most people don't. In that case it's better to sell via classifieds (on-line & newspapers). You get a much better price.

Quote:
Not sure if I should stay with 13" or go with 14". Handling is not a priority because the car will be driven quite gently. Don't want to degrade the ride quality but better braking is welcome.
I don't think upgrading to 14" will spoil the ride quality. You also have a better choice of tyres in 14"
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 12:31   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats, Mpower. Like you said, AT is the way to go, given our traffic conditions.

This explains your interest in my A*-AT thread. :-)
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 19:30   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
Hey Mpower !

Neat purchase dude ! Got me exactly the same one a few months earlier ! I'm at 5000 km now and my FE is steady at 12 kmpl - city with A/C ! I just love this car
Thanks Dieselite. Your tread helped and gave me the assurance to go ahead with it. 12 is awesome. Looks like you are having your cake and eating it too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
I own a i10 Sportz Auto (Oct 2009). This is the older model. I get a FE of 9 kms with AC in the city
Thanks KPS/John. In Bangalore, not only do we pay the highest road tax, we also suffer from the worst traffic (logic simply does'nt add up does it???) and hence worst FE. All Blr AT cars report low figures. I assured dad that it will give 10. Have advised to pop it in neutral at signals. Kappa2vvt ARAI figures are 0.5 Kpl better than Kappa1.

Last edited by Mpower : 24th January 2011 at 05:04.
Old 23rd January 2011, 19:42   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Dieselite. Your tread helped and gave me the assurance to go ahead with it. 12 is awesome. Looks like you are having your cake and eating it too.

Thanks KPS/John. In Bangalore, not only do we pay the highest road tax, we also suffer from the worst traffic (logic simply does'nt add up does it???) and hence worst FE. All Blr AT cars report low figures. I assured dad that it will give 10. Have advised to pop it in neutral at signals. Kappa2vvt ARAI figures are 1/2 Kpl better than Kappa1.

Agreed i seriously wonder what has happened with Bangalore these days. The traffic conditions are very bad. Absolutely no lane discipline, drag racing and the idiotic two wheeler guys jumping and dancing into different lanes and puking into small passages.Adding to the irony is the uneducated auto wallahs and the cab drivers who lack not only traffic sense but even common sense sometimes.
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 20:45   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
I don't think upgrading to 14" will spoil the ride quality. You also have a better choice of tyres in 14"
Well, losing 1 inch of side wall got to have some effect. As I am waiting for my i10 to be delivered, I have decided to stick with 13 inch thanks to the terrible roads I have to deal with.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 21:18   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Well, losing 1 inch of side wall got to have some effect. As I am waiting for my i10 to be delivered, I have decided to stick with 13 inch thanks to the terrible roads I have to deal with.
I have sat in a Santro and i10 and found the comfort levels high. In fact the suspension is really soft and you cannot feel the bumps at all with stock tyres. Loosing 1" will harden it a bit but it will still be sufficiently comfortable. Of course in Goa we have different types of roads but in Bangalore the roads will be quite smooth. So there won't be any issues.
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 02:04   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on getting the new VTVT avatar of the asta AT.
I miss my gen 1 asta AT too much.
On tires - I had upgraded to 14" alloys and tires on the day of delivery, and that upgrade vastly improves driving dynamics of this car.
On FE - you should get atleast 11 in city on the new engine.
On Sunroof - Should remain the least used feature on the car, especially in city.
Did you try any ipod on the usb? can the ipod be controlled from the HU once its connected?
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote