Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th January 2011, 21:49   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)

I like the nice clean interiors theme, congrats again
Technocrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 21:53   #47
dot
Senior - BHPian

Hey lovely write up. Congratulations.

Stuff that dreams are made off. At least your dream is reality! Two days back I was dreaming of the A4 and visited the website. And lo, and behold, a A4 review in the forum.
So, does your A4 come with a 10 channel amp with Bang and Olufsen speakers, one of the pic shows "Audi symphony" emblemed near the HU. And does it carry the park assist as mentioned in the website. Eager to know.

Have fun and drive safe.
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 22:04   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Hey lovely write up. Congratulations.

Stuff that dreams are made off. At least your dream is reality! Two days back I was dreaming of the A4 and visited the website. And lo, and behold, a A4 review in the forum.
So, does your A4 come with a 10 channel amp with Bang and Olufsen speakers, one of the pic shows "Audi symphony" emblemed near the HU. And does it carry the park assist as mentioned in the website. Eager to know.

Have fun and drive safe.
Let me take the liberty to answer this.Audi offers a choice of either a 12-speaker Bose OR a 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen systems on the A4. I am assuming this 1 is the Bose since its the 2.0T. Also it does have parking sensors but not the rear-view camera. That again, is available in the 3 litre petrol and diesel versions.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 22:33   #49
Senior - BHPian

Congrats autobahner. Lovely write up about a lovely car. Buying an Audi/BMW/Merc would be a dream come true for most and that includes me.

One of the best initial ownership posts I've read. Drive safe and thanks for sharing your experiences!

Cheers!
R2D2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 00:51   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
Congrats Autobahner on your purchase of Audi A4 2.0 T, the best Audi one can buy beside 3.2 TFSI. And proud feeling that you are a gujju bhai.
By the way I am quite surprised that you have bought the car without any fuzz, I mean you have not even test drove the BMWs and Mercs for just sake of comparison.
Hirenbhai, thanks for your post. You are correct the 2.0 TFSI is really the next best thing to a 3.2 FSI, only wish that it was assembled here as well would have then been in my price radar (wishful thinking!) i would have also liked if the 2.0 TFSI came with the Quattro drivetrain and 155 kW as standard would have taken the experience to a totally different level.

Guess what, let alone test driving the Mercedes and BMW i didn't even take a test drive of 2.0T before handing over the cheque primarily due to my faith in Audis and secondly i wanted the first ever Audi i drive in India to be mine, i have previously driven the monster RS4 in UK and trust me the words that i would use to explain the experience may result in me getting permanently banned from this forum.

With regards to your note of not test driving the other titans (Merc and BMW) was that i have always loved the older generation Mercs typically the W114s and W115s (actually am saving up for one and would perhaps be my most likely next acquisition) but the newer ones, although are quite competent just doesn't do it for me, saw a couple of them on the highway once with the hood open a possible breakdown but what irritated me the most was the number of new mercs i sometimes see on the road (especially C-Class) with either the tail lights not working or one of the brake lights permanently on, really is a big turn off. As for the BMWs, again love the classic ones but not a terribly big fan of the Bangled design, so had to give it a miss. Use to drive a cousin's 330 in the UK and would never be let in at a junction by the other motorists at the stop sign. But really the engines in BMWs especially the first gen double vanos were a real gem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Very nice write up and congratulations on the car! Its my favorite pick amongst the C, 3 and the A4. 5 *s to the thread!

As hiren quoted above, why didnt you test drive the other 2 germans?
hello ravan, hope response i gave to Hiren helps (P.S - love your screen name, terrible shame about the movie though). Thanks for your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Absolutely loved your ownership writeup. Full of twists and humor. Great writing skills. Many congratulations for you beauty and i wish it serves you well.
Would love to see your initial driving impression report soon.
Hi Ashish, First impression report will be out very very soon, watch this post mate. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Congratulations on buying what I feel is the best German automobile brand today. This car, in my opinion, looks, feels and drives better than its obvious competitors.

Your writing skills are very good and I was thoroughly entertained while reading your thread.

Happy Motoring and God Bless.
Cheers N.Devdath, You are truly very kind. Thanks for the blessings (definitely gonna need it, the next EMI cheque will be up for clearing very soon hee hee).

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
congrats on the A4.
looks very elegant in silver, sure has an understated charm about it.
liked the progression in your garage from the zen to the audi.
and yeah the buying experience is very well put down.
keep up the good work.
Thanks Superboy, glad you enjoyed the write-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Beautiful!!! Congrats on your buy and that was a well deserved gift for you.

I had the chance to sit in a 3 series and a A4 and am totally biased to the A4 for the comfort factor and ride quality. The thud feeling of the doors makes you feel real secure in it and the beige interiors which i friend had was to die for.

The lights of the audi are drool maal!! Friend who lives next door parks the car just outside my window and every night when he parks his car i kick myself and say Ek din yeh zaroor mera hoga. Hope that turns out to be soon.

Curious on the emi if any for this car? How much does it come upto for 85% financing and the insurance of 60000 is for a year i guess?

Can you help me with the math?

Again enjoi the ride. Its surely your german wife!! Have a happy married life and may you get the most joy and thrill driving it
Apka din zaroor ayega mere dost, all it takes is a lot of hard work, generous blessings and bit of faith. EMI comes around to INR 50k/month for 59 months. Thanks for the wishes on the happily married life (gonna need it with petrol now at INR 63/L in Mumbai, hope it doesn't put a strain on our marriage), you reckon i should put her name on the ration card and see if i can get to fuel her at subsidised rate, hmmmm i wonder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Every A4 right from the 1.8t to the 3.0TDi has MMI.
The only difference being the 3.2fsi and 3.0tdi get MMI High,the others dont.
Hi PlatzdaTurbo, a tiny little correction on this. The 3.0 TDI and 3.2 FSI are with MMI, us mere mortals with the 1.8T, 2.0T and 2.0TDI get what is called the Audi Infotainment System, if you see one of my post on interior pics its got a snap of the screen booting up saying the same. I am sure the MMI is a much more advanced piece of tech then the basic Infotainment System (e.g. we are deprived of Sat Nav [hence if you might have noticed that the newer India assembled A4s don't even come with an antenna on the roof near the rear window anymore!], rear park assist with camera etc, etc). Guys at Audi India you listening?

Last edited by autobahner : 29th January 2011 at 00:59. Reason: Text added.
autobahner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 04:01   #51
Senior - BHPian

Oh man! What a thread and what a beauty!! Rated 5-stars!
Enjoyed reading through your honest buying process. Hope you keep smiling and keep on munching miles with the car!

Good choice about the black interiors, looks smashing!
Dry Ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 08:24   #52
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic car and great review autobahner! The A4 has some awesome street presence- in fact that and the Superb are the best looking sedans on the road today. C's and 3's pale in comparison apart from the pedigree factor, of course!

Post some more pics and impressions please!
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 10:16   #53
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let me take the liberty to answer this.Audi offers a choice of either a 12-speaker Bose OR a 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen systems on the A4. I am assuming this 1 is the Bose since its the 2.0T. Also it does have parking sensors but not the rear-view camera. That again, is available in the 3 litre petrol and diesel versions.
PlatzdaTurbo, Thanks. So the automatic system by which the car can find a parking spot by itself, determine the parking path, leaving the driver only to accelerate and brake, is available with the 3 liter model and diesel versions. I was amazed to read about the technology.

The website says that A4 comes with 10 channel amp. Thats a big amp! I was wondering if Autobahner's car has it.
Old 29th January 2011, 10:54   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahner View Post
Hi PlatzdaTurbo, a tiny little correction on this. The 3.0 TDI and 3.2 FSI are with MMI, us mere mortals with the 1.8T, 2.0T and 2.0TDI get what is called the Audi Infotainment System, if you see one of my post on interior pics its got a snap of the screen booting up saying the same. I am sure the MMI is a much more advanced piece of tech then the basic Infotainment System (e.g. we are deprived of Sat Nav [hence if you might have noticed that the newer India assembled A4s don't even come with an antenna on the roof near the rear window anymore!], rear park assist with camera etc, etc). Guys at Audi India you listening?
Yup. The Audi Infotainment System was termed as MMI Basic around 3 years ago when the A4 first came to our market, where as the full fledged ,high resolution version was termed as MMI High
& i actually had NOT noticed the absence of the antenna on the roof. Wow.Horrific. Nonetheless, about Sat-Nav, yes I do have the feature in my car but putting it to use is some time away. BMW have JUST about started offering it on the 7 series with other models to follow in future.Am assuming Audi would do the same but they will take their own sweet time

Quote:
PlatzdaTurbo, Thanks. So the automatic system by which the car can find a parking spot by itself, determine the parking path, leaving the driver only to accelerate and brake, is available with the 3 liter model and diesel versions. I was amazed to read about the technology.

The website says that A4 comes with 10 channel amp. Thats a big amp! I was wondering if Autobahner's car has it.
The self-park assist feature you are referring to was something I first noticed on the 2010 f10 BMW 5 series. The B8 A4 released in 2008. Am not sure if the self-park feature was available on any car then.
The rear-view camera on the high end A4 is simply for a clear view of what is behind the car and that is assisted by highly sensitive ( & irritating at times) beepers which make sure you dont miss anything EVEN if you switch off the camera.
Old 29th January 2011, 10:56   #55
BHPian

Quote:

Hi dot, spot on. The automatic system is only available presently on the CBU Audi A4s in India (also have a feeling that it might be a cost extra option or part of the WCI package?). If i am not mistaken (PlatzdaTurbo can comment more authoritatively on this then me), the Bang & Olufsen is an additional cost extra even on the CBUs and not available on the Indian assembled ones.

Unfortunately, am not that into ICE (i prefer the engine roar over the ICE anyday so can't really say if mine has a 10 channel amp or not, will look into the user manual for the ICE provided by Audi and let you know.
autobahner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 11:24   #56
Senior - BHPian

Yup you are right autobahner. The Bang & Olufsen system, Rear-view camera park assist, 18-inch 5 spoke alloys, MMI High & 80 or 120 GB HD for music , movies etc. are all part of the WCI package which costs a bomb even over the normal 3.0 tdi or 3.2fsi taking them both into A6/5/E territory.
I assume mine had a bigger HD as it was a CBU specially got down for the Auto Expo and hence it already had the works (B&O system etc.)
18 inchers are the only absence here which i plan to upgrade to in a little more than a years time. Cost a bomb
By the way, did you go for tints ? If yes, which ones ?

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 29th January 2011 at 11:27.
Old 29th January 2011, 12:18   #57
BHPian

Very well written. Was with you through the journey. Have a lovely, fun filled, trouble free run!!
unni.ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 17:12   #58
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The self-park assist feature you are referring to was something I first noticed on the 2010 f10 BMW 5 series. The B8 A4 released in 2008. Am not sure if the self-park feature was available on any car then.
The rear-view camera on the high end A4 is simply for a clear view of what is behind the car and that is assisted by highly sensitive ( & irritating at times) beepers which make sure you dont miss anything EVEN if you switch off the camera.
Thanks for the information. Yes you are right; an uncle in our family bought a BMW 530d in 2009 and it did not come with the park assist feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahner View Post
Hi dot, spot on. The automatic system is only available presently on the CBU Audi A4s in India (also have a feeling that it might be a cost extra option or part of the WCI package?). If i am not mistaken (PlatzdaTurbo can comment more authoritatively on this then me), the Bang & Olufsen is an additional cost extra even on the CBUs and not available on the Indian assembled ones.

Unfortunately, am not that into ICE (i prefer the engine roar over the ICE anyday so can't really say if mine has a 10 channel amp or not, will look into the user manual for the ICE provided by Audi and let you know.
Hi Autobahner, thanks for letting us know these options. We would like to know more about the engine roar and the driving impression. Looking forward for it!
Old 3rd February 2011, 11:38   #59
DNM
BANNED

even after seeing the best of the best Audi's rolling in the streets of Mumbai, the A8, A6, Q7, R8, TT, etc, the A4 has always been one of my favorite and i have always stopped to have a look at it!
The A4 is one of the smallest sedans in the Audi garage and the little joy gives you immense pleasure!
Have loads of fun with your new love.. Take care of the body and the emblem-thieves!
DNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 12:08   #60
BHPian

Really enjoyed the way you wrote the story. Good job. And congrats on the beauty. Drive safe, and dont let the Mumbai auto wallahs get to you!
nutcracker is offline   Reply With Quote