Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd February 2011, 12:10   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)

Herzlichen Glückwunsch autobahner! What a car! Awesome writeup man. Total enjoyment!

Few questions - How long is your term and EMI?

What do you do in Germany?
designersf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 13:13   #62
BHPian

Hello Gents,

So sorry for the delay in posting the first "long drive" report it was truly stupendous and undertaken sunday last, sadly flew out to the Middle East later that afternoon on business and arrived early this morning.

I promise that the detailed first drive impression report will be out this evening. Watch this space.
autobahner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 15:55   #63
Senior - BHPian

First of all congratulations on a fantastic buy. Just saw the A4 on the road last evening. I think its a little bigger than the 3 and the c too. Have always liked the understated elegance of Audi's.

Coming back to your thread. I was in the loo this morning reading your first posts. We had appointments and people to meet today, my wife was banging on the door asking me to get out. But i was just glued to your thread i couldnt get up without finishing your initial posts. "A highly entertaining, gripping, twisting, turning roller coaster ride!" cant say more than that.

Silver has always been my favourite colour. Right from our matiz to our civic all in silver. Its only our preowned w115 thats white. An the A4 looks an absolute stunner in this shade.

Look forward to hearing more on your journey with your silver beauty.

Wishing you many miles of joyful motoring with your german bride.

Drive safe!

Mash
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 16:52   #64
An1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post

Curious on the emi if any for this car? How much does it come upto for 85% financing and the insurance of 60000 is for a year i guess?

Can you help me with the math?
Wow.. Very good writeup autobahner, written straight from the heart.
Only a true love for a car can elicit.

As in maddy's post here, could you please elaborate how much did emi's come out for the A4, and for what period?
May just start weaving dreams for owning one sometime.

Wish you many more miles and Peace of Mind ownership of 'Vorsprung durch Technik'
An1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 09:35   #65
BHPian

Smile Re: Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Meine Silberschönheit (My Silver Beauty)

What a write-up Autobahner! Congrats on the acquisition and many happy miles.
Just the other day, I encountered a black Audi and trailed it all along the WE Highway, not letting anyone come between us!
On another occasion, a small hatchback rammed into an Audi smashing the tail light - it broke my heart more than when the tail lights on my own car got smashed!
Congrats once again and continue giving us a virtual ownership experience!
ramraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 14:27   #66
BHPian

Nice write up autobahner. just hit upon the post this morning and got totally glued to this reading every word of it.

congrats on the purchase, drive safely.
mishraak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2011, 17:03   #67
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Autobahner. Wonderful initial writeup. Audi looks awesome with LED's.
LED's going to rule the world in Auto lighting and Audi is very few among them.

Happy and Safe motoring.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2011, 17:49   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Let me take the liberty to answer this.Audi offers a choice of either a 12-speaker Bose OR a 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen systems on the A4. I am assuming this 1 is the Bose since its the 2.0T. Also it does have parking sensors but not the rear-view camera. That again, is available in the 3 litre petrol and diesel versions.
Hey Platza,

Let me correct you there, the A4 does not come with a BOSE sound system (not even as an option). There is only the B&O system which is optional, or else you get the standard Audi symphony sound system which is what autobahner has.
funkydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2011, 20:28   #69

Congratulations on your new wheels. I must appreciate your writing skills. Really enjoyed your experience from start to end. All the best wishes for future and drive safe.
abhijeetaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2011, 00:47   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Let me take the liberty to answer this.Audi offers a choice of either a 12-speaker Bose OR a 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen systems on the A4. I am assuming this 1 is the Bose since its the 2.0T. Also it does have parking sensors but not the rear-view camera. That again, is available in the 3 litre petrol and diesel versions.
Wrong, the ckd models all come with a 12 speaker 1 subwoofer Audi symphony sound system. B&O is only offered in the quattro CBU A4's.

Great review Autobahner, i had a great time meeting you in person at our showroom and having a great conversation as car enthusiasts. By the way, if you didn't go for the extended warranty, your standard warranty will be 2 years unlimited km's. Dont worry i spoke to some technicians at our workshop and they said they will never come to know if you did a re-map on your car. Run 97 as much as you can along with some octane boosters. I do this on my 1.8T and i tell you it flys compared to our 1.8T test drive vehicle which uses regular petrol. Great review man, i relly enjoyed you enthusiasm. We should meet again one day or maybe have a Audi only gathering for our fellow BHP'ers who drive Audi's. Take care bro, and keep that car clean!!!

Last edited by .anshuman : 7th February 2011 at 01:37. Reason: Back to back posts within 20mins. Please use edit button if posting again within 20 mins. Thanks
i<3turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2011, 09:17   #71
Senior - BHPian

Awaiting your long drive report. Come back everyday to look for your post. Post soon mate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahner View Post
Hello Gents,

So sorry for the delay in posting the first "long drive" report it was truly stupendous and undertaken sunday last, sadly flew out to the Middle East later that afternoon on business and arrived early this morning.

I promise that the detailed first drive impression report will be out this evening. Watch this space.
Old 9th February 2011, 00:10   #72
BHPian

Hello Everyone!

First things first, sorry (as always) for the unpardonable delay in writing this "1st long drive" report with the silver beauty. Great! now thats out of the way (was never very good at apologising) lets get down to the brass tacks.

As most of you folks know by now that took the babe home on the 16th of Jan and for a good one week and a couple of days she was just sitting in the driveway waiting to be ripped (with a tank full of fuel mind you) owing to "issues" at the bureaucratic nightmare we politely refer to as the R.T.O. Programmed my sales manager's number on the speed dial and religiously followed up for the same. Lo and behold one fine day got the documentation and we i.e. me and my silver beauty were now officially one. (The honeymoon now begins, or does it??)

27th Jan - The papers finally come in and by now the brain (or what's left of it after following up with the dealer) was already in an overdrive mode planning the first weekend getaway. Nothing too fancy only a short drive on the motorway to get acquainted with her dynamics and offer her a chance to get used to mine (dynamics that is).

28th Jan - Loads of options to ponder and finally settled on a breakfast run to Lonavala (some 80 odd kms from Mumbai) primary reason on deciding on Lonavala was to explore the potential of TFSI engine coupled with the sweet Multitronic CVT on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway and let her stretch her legs a bit. Thought this would be a welcome relief from the awful run she endured in the city whilst bringing her home.

29th Jan - Mentally shortlisted some close family member to take along for the run (partly due to my mom's constant nagging to take someone along as chaperone). What a spoilsport.

At the office winding up for the day, get a call from someone who for the purpose of the following transcript shall be referred to as "boss". Trust me you really don't want to know what he is called behind the back. The following transpires:

Boss - Slave (figureatively speaking), is that you?

Me - Yes sir, how are you sir?

Boss - We have some issues at the Saudi office.

Me - Literally see my dream run vanishing in thin air, sort of got the hint where this conversation was going to end up, especially for me.

Boss - Whats your plan for tomorrow?

Me - umm, was planning a small family trip, happened to mention that the trip has some religious angles (wasn't lying or commiting blasphemy, as technically speaking have always regarded Audis as god!) mentioned that my mom's still finding it awfully hard to get me married off, so some divine intervention was called for and blah blah this and blah blah that, thought this would work out in my favour (yeah right!).

Boss - That can wait.

Me - Yes that's what i keep telling me mom, you guys should get together one of this days and... got interrupted (very rudely i must add, he never was one for manners and etiquettes, sigh!)

Boss - Not the marriage bit you nitwit (and yes those were the exact words), you are way past due on that lazy bum (he didn't mention this, but i kinda got the gist down the receiver). You still have valid visas?

Me - Now thinking it would have been best to burn the damn passport after the last trip, but sort of trapped now and muttered very very slowly, 2 words, which in all likelyhood were going to steal from me my this one moment of deeply sinful pleasure, "Yes Sir".

Boss - Good, take the first flight out/closest to Dammam and sort the issues ASAP.

Me - Now contemplating some really impure thoughts (on a scale of 1~10 a good 100,000) say ok and wish him a happy weekend (besides other things, which owing to the high quality assurance requirements enforced by this site's revered mods shall remain censored).

Now what? and more importantly how in the world do i manage to get myself into such situations?
autobahner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 00:42   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
Wrong, the ckd models all come with a 12 speaker 1 subwoofer Audi symphony sound system. B&O is only offered in the quattro CBU A4's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post
Hey Platza,

Let me correct you there, the A4 does not come with a BOSE sound system (not even as an option). There is only the B&O system which is optional, or else you get the standard Audi symphony sound system which is what autobahner has.

Perhaps.
Have personally traveled in a 2.0 tdi avant with a 12 speaker Bose in Germany though.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 07:49   #74
Senior - BHPian

@autobahner thats just too bad, not only for you but for us too. Was waiting with such anticipation to read your long drive report. Audi's as GOD! That was a fantastic one. Was laughing away in the loo my wife must think i've lost it. Hope your saudi work wraps up asap and you are back on the road to lonavala pronto. Good luck.
Old 9th February 2011, 11:18   #75
BHPian

Hi autobahner,
Before I congratulate you on your new acquisition, I must congratulate your teachers for the linguistic skills they managed to imbibe in you. Have you ever though of getting into another profession or at the least something in parallel to the current one?

Eagerly waiting for your drive and report.

Anirban

Last edited by Dippy : 9th February 2011 at 11:24. Reason: Avoid quoting entire long posts when you reply to a thread. Makes it difficult for other members to read. Thanks.
sadnabrina is offline   Reply With Quote