Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2011, 16:55   #466
Senior - BHPian
 
Sn1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,035
Thanked: 223 Times
Default re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

@bluevolt Got your initial post wrong, the buzzer only alarms the driver of the key still in the car and the door being ajar/open. Another one if the parking is on and the key is out. Maybe you confused the two, so did I.

Chrome thing peeling yes, happening on my key rather than steering, I seldom hold / honk from that position, maybe it will get off once the cleaner has his way with the car

Mugen logo will look great, only my family will think of me as having a mid life crisis.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2011, 18:33   #467
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,875
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Chrome thing peeling yes, happening on my key rather than steering,
My key has also started getting little black.

Sn1p3r Which SVC you visit for servicing your car?

Last edited by bluevolt : 14th September 2011 at 18:36.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2011, 19:11   #468
BHPian
 
Vtecguy7166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 85
Thanked: 12 Times
Default re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
@bluevolt Got your initial post wrong, the buzzer only alarms the driver of the key still in the car and the door being ajar/open. Another one if the parking is on and the key is out. Maybe you confused the two, so did I.

Chrome thing peeling yes, happening on my key rather than steering, I seldom hold / honk from that position, maybe it will get off once the cleaner has his way with the car

Mugen logo will look great, only my family will think of me as having a mid life crisis.
Oh, on key. My car key has no such issues at all. It still looks as good as new.
Vtecguy7166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 09:28   #469
Senior - BHPian
 
Sn1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,035
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt
My key has also started getting little black.

Sn1p3r Which SVC you visit for servicing your car?
Pearl Honda in sector 37, Gurgaon. They are far better than RR guys.
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 16:19   #470
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,875
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

All right guys; now it's time for some pictures. Here we go - >

Warning on ANHC's ORVM should read this "Objects in the mirror will soon DISAPPEAR" (courtesy - suman sir)

Name:  DSC03562.jpg
Views: 1530
Size:  94.9 KB

Name:  DSC03603.jpg
Views: 1077
Size:  194.8 KB

Name:  DSC03604.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  140.7 KB

Name:  DSC03605.jpg
Views: 1105
Size:  179.7 KB

Name:  DSC_0001.jpg
Views: 1038
Size:  77.8 KB

Name:  DSC03606.jpg
Views: 1036
Size:  202.2 KB

Name:  DSC03608.jpg
Views: 1042
Size:  195.6 KB

Name:  DSC03611.jpg
Views: 1016
Size:  201.7 KB

Name:  DSC_0010.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  85.5 KB

Name:  DSC03612.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  189.7 KB

Name:  DSC03613.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  154.8 KB

Name:  DSC03617.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  180.6 KB

Name:  DSC_0015  Copy  Copy.jpg
Views: 962
Size:  68.9 KB

Name:  DSC03618.jpg
Views: 972
Size:  179.5 KB

Name:  DSC03619.jpg
Views: 951
Size:  200.5 KB
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 16:36   #471
Senior - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,428
Thanked: 2,230 Times
Default re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

From the look of it, the number plate seems a steel one. Is rust already setting in?

My ANHC has got fibre-glass kinda no. plates; white sticker and cut-outs for the no. Black stickers have then been pasted in those gaps. Needless to say, the black bits have faded and on their way out already.

Sloppy quality.

That brings to me a doubt : are no. plates provided by Honda or the dealer sources them?
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 16:40   #472
Distinguished - BHPian
 
dhanushs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bathery/BLR
Posts: 3,386
Thanked: 3,872 Times
Default re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
That brings to me a doubt : are no. plates provided by Honda or the dealer sources them?
Honda or any manufacturer will not provide non-standard registration plates. It should be the dealer or the customer.
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 16:49   #473
BHPian
 
Vtecguy7166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 85
Thanked: 12 Times
Default re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
From the look of it, the number plate seems a steel one. Is rust already setting in?

My ANHC has got fibre-glass kinda no. plates; white sticker and cut-outs for the no. Black stickers have then been pasted in those gaps. Needless to say, the black bits have faded and on their way out already.

Sloppy quality.

That brings to me a doubt : are no. plates provided by Honda or the dealer sources them?
Number plates are provided by Dealer and not by Honda.
My dealer provided plates are still intact after 2 years.
Vtecguy7166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 16:51   #474
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,875
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
From the look of it, the number plate seems a steel one. Is rust already setting in?
I didn't observe about the material of the number plate but they came as it is from dealership. Will check if it is steel or fiber?

In which picture are you observing the rust?

PS – All cars sold by Ring Road Honda (Gurgaon & Delhi) have same number plates.

Last edited by bluevolt : 15th September 2011 at 16:52.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 20:53   #475
Senior - BHPian
 
Sn1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,035
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

I didn't observe about the material of the number plate but they came as it is from dealership. Will check if it is steel or fiber?

In which picture are you observing the rust?

PS – All cars sold by Ring Road Honda (Gurgaon & Delhi) have same number plates.
To add insult to the injury the number plate on my car is a bit wavy, very bad quality. RR honda skimmed on whatever they could while delivery.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 21:29   #476
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,875
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

To be honest I will say that the RR Honda guys have a little attitude issue as well. I have noticed the difference before buying and after buying (that is the case with everyone I guess).

But I will not write off them just because of these small issues. Experience at RR Honda is satisfactory till date i.e. getting more than passing marks (7/10). Let’s see how things go in future visits.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 21:35   #477
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 261 Times
Default re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

Bluevolt and other friends,

In my case the no.plates have been sourced and payed by myself. Agreed-Honda arranged for it.ultimately the plates were brought to my residence and fitted. The one with hologram etc.Don't know the authenticity,though.

Please check out a snap.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!-dsc00447.jpg

bluevolt-new Avatar is very good as usual.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2011, 00:00   #478
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,875
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Bluevolt and other friends,

In my case the no.plates have been sourced and payed by myself. Agreed-Honda arranged for it.ultimately the plates were brought to my residence and fitted. The one with hologram etc.Don't know the authenticity,though.

Is this a steel one or fibre make? Looks nice though. I will also put a high resolution of my car's number plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post

bluevolt-new Avatar is very good as usual.
Thanks mate.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2011, 08:08   #479
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 261 Times
Default re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Is this a steel one or fibre make? Looks nice though.
Made of steel-supposed to be as per the regulations.It came with non-open type bolts-ie.once tightened-they can't be opened.But I opted for normal bolts. Cost 1000/- There is a hologram too, I believe-which the camera has not picked up.

Last edited by charthom : 17th September 2011 at 08:10.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2011, 10:16   #480
Senior - BHPian
 
Sn1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,035
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom

Made of steel-supposed to be as per the regulations.It came with non-open type bolts-ie.once tightened-they can't be opened.But I opted for normal bolts. Cost 1000/- There is a hologram too, I believe-which the camera has not picked up.
We paid 990/- to RR Honda and they provided us with the worst sheet metal for the number plate. Yours is definitely VFM.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda City, 4th generation i-Vtec - Our 3rd Honda City in 10 years Mevtec Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 11 14th March 2017 08:34
Jeremy Clarkson against the whole world [compilation] rahul_intlad The International Automotive Scene 112 21st December 2015 12:08
City City Bang Bang! 1000 kms Report of my Honda City SMT roadie_swift Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 4th June 2015 15:52
Tiff Needell puts his real world skills against David Baker (UK GT4 champ)!!! Shan2nu Shifting gears 5 16th September 2008 21:15
Wanted: Used Honda City 1.5/VTEC and Maruti Baleno sonic Shifting gears 0 27th January 2005 12:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks