Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2013, 19:47   #991
BHPian
 
live2drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 525
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

Hi Bluevolt,

Another iVtec owner here

Did you check with the SA about the thickness of the brake pads during this service? My 2009 ivtec has completed 30K and I noticed during WA/WB that there is hardly any juice left in the pads. I'm planning to source OEM/TVS Girling pads from the open market since Prime Honda are quoting 4K+Labor for new pads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I have seen many Citys with bad horns and few owners have also reported this on Team-BHP
Yep, I got them changed once under warranty. Unfortunately, they gave up again within 6 months and I got them replaced with Minda trumpet horns. They sound so much better than the "tinny" OEMs.
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2013, 20:06   #992
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,919
Thanked: 2,092 Times
Default Re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Hi Bluevolt,

Another iVtec owner here
Hi nice to have you here

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Did you check with the SA about the thickness of the brake pads during this service? My 2009 ivtec has completed 30K and I noticed during WA/WB that there is hardly any juice left in the pads. I'm planning to source OEM/TVS Girling pads from the open market since Prime Honda are quoting 4K+Labor for new pads.
Brake pads are fine as of now. Odo meter is around 21k KMS.

Make sure you only get the original OEM pads from outside and then get it replaced from a reliable mechanic.


Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Yep, I got them changed once under warranty. Unfortunately, they gave up again within 6 months and I got them replaced with Minda trumpet horns. They sound so much better than the "tinny" OEMs.
I will do the same - getting quality after market replacement but once the warranty is over.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2013, 20:08   #993
BHPian
 
live2drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 525
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

Thanks for the prompt reply. I will be out tomorrow shopping for the brake pads. Will update here when I get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I will do the same - getting quality after market replacement but once the warranty is over.
Wise thing to do.
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2013, 14:11   #994
BHPian
 
live2drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 525
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

Bought TVS-Girling Apache series pads from neighborhood spares shop for INR 950. Paid another hundred bucks to my mechanic for the installation. Older ones had some 1000 more kms left, but I thought its wise to change right now to avoid any damage to the disks.

Initial impressions are good. Will be able to comment on their performance post running in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
I'm planning to source OEM/TVS Girling pads from the open market ....
live2drive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2013, 14:52   #995
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,919
Thanked: 2,092 Times
Default Re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Bought TVS-Girling Apache series pads .
Are these OEM brake pads?
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2013, 15:04   #996
BHPian
 
live2drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 525
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

Nope. These are good quality. Have heard good reviews about them

He showed me OEM ones too (Brown cardboard box with Honda sticker on it), but somehow I was not able to convince myself on their genuine-ness.
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2013, 15:21   #997
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,919
Thanked: 2,092 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Nope. These are good quality. Have heard good reviews about them

He showed me OEM ones too (Brown cardboard box with Honda sticker on it), but somehow I was not able to convince myself on their genuine-ness.
What price the shopkeeper was quoting for OEM pads?
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2013, 16:42   #998
BHPian
 
live2drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 525
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
What price the shopkeeper was quoting for OEM pads?
He quoted 1.5K for the OEM ones.
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2013, 18:02   #999
Senior - BHPian
 
sameerg001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dwarka, Delhi
Posts: 1,498
Thanked: 419 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post

He quoted 1.5K for the OEM ones.
TVS is a quite renowned name in after market brake pads market. Have used them in my accent, one set lasted 35k kms, other one was still going strong after 30k kms. Was quite vfm, I must say
sameerg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2013, 18:29   #1000
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,919
Thanked: 2,092 Times
Default Re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

That's good. I will too consider them when the need arises.


AFAIK Honda uses Nissin brake pads as OEMs?
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2013, 19:47   #1001
BHPian
 
live2drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 525
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

The old ones mentioned Honda at the back of the pad. AFAIK, there was some alphanumeric code too. There was no mention of Brand/Sub-Brand.
live2drive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2013, 16:23   #1002
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,919
Thanked: 2,092 Times
Default Re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

Lately I have been observing little sluggish cranking in the early morning these days with minimum temperatures already dipping below 10 degress though engine fires up on the first crank itself. My car is three years old now with stock Amaron battery. I was just thinking to get the battery checked for any signs of ageing. My WagonR's stock Amaron battery lasted ovr 5 years and same I expect with this battery too.

PS - and I just noticed this thread has over 1000 posts now with nearly 2.5 lac views ^_^ A photo shoot is long pending!

Last edited by bluevolt : 21st November 2013 at 16:29.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2013, 17:12   #1003
BHPian
 
spinks_69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: BBSR/KOL/MUM
Posts: 56
Thanked: 46 Times
Smile Re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Lately I have been observing little sluggish cranking in the early morning these days with minimum temperatures already dipping below 10 degress though engine fires up on the first crank itself. My car is three years old now with stock Amaron battery. I was just thinking to get the battery checked for any signs of ageing. My WagonR's stock Amaron battery lasted ovr 5 years and same I expect with this battery too.

PS - and I just noticed this thread has over 1000 posts now with nearly 2.5 lac views ^_^ A photo shoot is long pending!
Congratulations BlueVolt for the new landmarks of your thread. I read about a similar problem within three years in one of the threads regaring the stock Amaron battery. It is definitely better to replace the same particularly since winter is on the horizon. And yes we are definitely looking forward for more photographs of Venus as it has been quite some time now.
spinks_69 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 18:03   #1004
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,919
Thanked: 2,092 Times
Default Re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

A question for car detailing/waxing experts.

I have done diamond brite 6 month coating on my car last month and now I was thinking of waxing it using formula one wax.

Will that be fine?
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2013, 15:32   #1005
BHPian
 
spinks_69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: BBSR/KOL/MUM
Posts: 56
Thanked: 46 Times
Smile Re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
A question for car detailing/waxing experts.

I have done diamond brite 6 month coating on my car last month and now I was thinking of waxing it using formula one wax.

Will that be fine?
Hi Bluevolt, you may like to check this thread to address your queries:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...lishing-2.html (All about Car Polishing)

Thanks
spinks_69 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda City, 4th generation i-Vtec - Our 3rd Honda City in 10 years Mevtec Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 11 14th March 2017 08:34
Jeremy Clarkson against the whole world [compilation] rahul_intlad The International Automotive Scene 112 21st December 2015 12:08
City City Bang Bang! 1000 kms Report of my Honda City SMT roadie_swift Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 4th June 2015 15:52
Tiff Needell puts his real world skills against David Baker (UK GT4 champ)!!! Shan2nu Shifting gears 5 16th September 2008 21:15
Wanted: Used Honda City 1.5/VTEC and Maruti Baleno sonic Shifting gears 0 27th January 2005 12:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks