Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th November 2016, 14:27   #1141
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
Hi bluevolt.

Happy 6th Birthday to Venus . I own a September 2010 V-MT in Bold Beige Metallic, and my baby celebrated her 6th this September as well . I can't believe my car turned six. It still drives as nicely as it did the day I got it!
Thanks FordFreak.

Quote:

The only major issue I have faced is rust. I had rust on 3 of my doors (driver door was intact), and body shop also found very minor rust on my one of my fenders as well as the rocker panels.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3815245 (It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World!)

I too have faced a bit of rusting issue with my Car as well. Refer to the above post for details and pictures. I am trying to control it as much as I can and as of now the original rust has not expanded much.

Quote:

Whenever I do sell, I am sure to feel miserable as this generation of the City was by far the best City to drive, IMHO.

Wish you many more happy miles!
Indeed the 3rd Gen City is the best City if we consider all 4 generations till date. That's the reason I want to keep my City as long as possible. 5th Gen City in 2019 will be worth waiting for. I hope Honda will make corrections to solve the problems that are affecting the reliability of the current gen City.

Quote:

(Let's not hijack bluevolt's thread by going )
Not at all an issue mate. It is good to discuss issues related to our City doesn't matter whosoever the thread started be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghate View Post
Congratulations on funtastic 6 years!
Thanks Aghate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congrats Bluevolt! Your car has turned 6 in style . This thread is the 6th most read active ownership report on Team-BHP.

Talk about celebrating a birthday in style .
Thanks GTO for letting us know about this interesting fact about this thread. Indeed a special birthday it was for Venus.

I try to update the thread with relevant details whenever I can and I hope I will continue to do so as well. I hope the thread is helpful for 3rd Gen City Owners.

Thanks a lot everyone.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2016, 19:39   #1142
BHPian

Hi bluevolt,

Have you experienced any issues with the Clutch of Venus, say the Service Center requesting to replace the assembly? When I got mine a year ago the SA said that the clutch may need replacement as the car has lost a bit of acceleration power. The cost is immense at 27k. I told him that I am happy with it as of now. Not that I could make out a lot of difference in power as I was new to driving.

What I have experienced is the clutch sometimes seems to act weird. I mean, when I lift off the first the car may jerk a bit and stall(like ON & OFF). Very rare thing to happen but it does, I have to be very precise with the biting point unlike new cars that I have driven.

Current ODO: 48k+ kms.

Thanks,
aghate
aghate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2016, 21:16   #1143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi bluevolt,

Have you experienced any issues with the Clutch of Venus, say the Service Center requesting to replace the assembly? When I got mine a year ago the SA said that the clutch may need replacement as the car has lost a bit of acceleration power. The cost is immense at 27k. I told him that I am happy with it as of now. Not that I could make out a lot of difference in power as I was new to driving.

What I have experienced is the clutch sometimes seems to act weird. I mean, when I lift off the first the car may jerk a bit and stall(like ON & OFF). Very rare thing to happen but it does, I have to be very precise with the biting point unlike new cars that I have driven.

Thanks,
aghate
Hi Aghate,

You should simply not fall in the trap of what the service center people say.

If you have any doubt about the clutch, get it checked from 2-3 different mechanics and take quotes from good workshops. I would not mind to suggest to get this job done from non-Honda garage if your car is out of warranty and the amount difference is substantial.

My Venus is at 43500 KMs mark and I have no complaint regarding the clutch and its performance till date. Though my WagonR's clutch burnt out and replaced with a new one at 45K Kms back. But then it may not be a good idea to compare Maruti with Honda maybe!

Clutch life is mostly dependant on usage pattern, number of different people driving your car(each has different style of driving, some are new who cause maximum damage to the clutch), quality of the part itself.

So all in all, it is a consumable item, but make sure it actually require a replacement and don't believe simply what the SVC personnel has to say.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2016, 22:09   #1144

Quote:
Hi bluevolt,

Thanks,
aghate
What you are facing is probably because the 3rd gen city has a very short clutch travel. You are correct about having to be being precise about the biting point, it is much easier to stall than other cars, but nothing you can't get used to. My car has run 45k kms and the stock clutch feels absolutely perfect. I would say it is lighter than my 18k kms run grandi10's clutch also.
rayjaycleoful is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 13:18   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
What you are facing is probably because the 3rd gen city has a very short clutch travel. You are correct about having to be being precise about the biting point, it is much easier to stall than other cars, but nothing you can't get used to. My car has run 45k kms and the stock clutch feels absolutely perfect. I would say it is lighter than my 18k kms run grandi10's clutch also.

That is exactly what happens. Thanks for the explanation. Couldn't find info online. The ODO was 41k when I got it. Have driven around for 7k myself. The engine is sweet. I expect the clutch to last longer. If I sense any issue I will definitely get it checked from a local workshop.

Somehow, I am very happy that I got a pre-owned City than going for a new 6 Lac+ Car a year ago. Cost me much less.
I just need to change the stock headlights as I believe they are not powerful enough.
aghate is offline   Reply With Quote